+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

movais

Sep 10, 2018
On the bright side, if its been longer than 6 months then you have every right to call CIC and demand an update :)
on the dark side, even after 6 months CIC call center doesn't give you any update lol. They say it is an estimated time and it can take more than 6 months hahah it has happened with 2 of my friends and personally with myself for work permit.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
on the dark side, even after 6 months CIC call center doesn't give you any update lol. They say it is an estimated time and it can take more than 6 months hahah it has happened with 2 of my friends and personally with myself for work permit.
Oh, didn't know that :(

Reactions: movais

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Oh, didn't know that :(
Yeah, even if you read about it. It is an estimated processing times, they try to do most application within 6 months period but some applications can take more than 6 months.
But what astonish me is that my application is just sitting at someone's desk since November lol I would understand if they are processing something and that is taking time.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, even if you read about it. It is an estimated processing times, they try to do most application within 6 months period but some applications can take more than 6 months.
But what astonish me is that my application is just sitting at someone's desk since November lol I would understand if they are processing something and that is taking time.
How did you find that out? GCMS notes?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
How did you find that out? GCMS notes?
When i got GCMS notes in October, I had recommended pass and Background was in process and security hasn't started. In November i got a ghost update and when i called my background was cleared and security hasn't started. I called last week, it is same. Security hasn't started.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I am planning to apply for second ATIP notes (I haven't received the first one yet, waiting for more than 50 days since applied). Just want to clarify that I am filling out the form correctly.

1. What type of record would you like to request?
Answer: Permanent residency (there is couple of other options like "express entry profile/Temporary residence etc".)

2. Which specific information are you looking for?
Answer: Status update of file/reasons for refusal/officer's electronic notes (there is another one option "The application, supporting documents and correspondence sent to/from IRCC")

Above my answers are on bold. Are those the correct answers?

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I am planning to apply for second ATIP notes (I haven't received the first one yet, waiting for more than 50 days since applied). Just want to clarify that I am filling out the form correctly.

1. What type of record would you like to request?
Answer: Permanent residency (there is couple of other options like "express entry profile/Temporary residence etc".)

2. Which specific information are you looking for?
Answer: Status update of file/reasons for refusal/officer's electronic notes (there is another one option "The application, supporting documents and correspondence sent to/from IRCC")

Above my answers are on bold. Are those the correct answers?

Yes. Correct

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Today when I logged to my application i saw the status changed to "Application Profile updated. Got very happy :). At-least for a while :(. When opened the application found that the only change in was on the Additional Doc. Earlier it was reviewing the additional doc provided. but now changed to "Not Applicable".