+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

Rsk202020

Oct 24, 2018
Hi,

I am new here.
AOR Aug 21
MEP 13 Sept
Back ground check:- we will let u know ,when we start ur background check.

After that I didn't get any update.could anyone please help me out what I should do as my work permit is expiring in December?

Thanks

Last edited:

ivyxu644

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi,
can anyone tell me if the status MEP, "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" & "we have not started your background check" mean NA2?
AOR 8/16
CEC- Inland
MEP
Thank youuuuu, im getting nervous here
No, it means lp1. Either NA1 or NA2 will show as “not applicable” in background check section . I’m in the same boat as you, AOR Aug 17, has been lp1 since Sep 8.

ivyxu644

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi,

I am new here.
AOR Aug 21
MEP 13 Sept

After that I didn't get any update.could anyone please help me out what I should do as my work permit is expiring in December?

Thanks
I’m AOR Aug 17 and got MEP sep 8. Pgwp expires Dec 24. I’m planning to apply for bridge work permit in early December if I don’t get ppr by then. But this is my plan, if you want peace of mind, you can apply for bridge work permit already

Rsk202020

Oct 24, 2018
I’m AOR Aug 17 and got MEP sep 8. Pgwp expires Dec 24. I’m planning to apply for bridge work permit in early December if I don’t get ppr by then. But this is my plan, if you want peace of mind, you can apply for bridge work permit already

I really appreciate your help.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,

I am new here.
AOR Aug 21
MEP 13 Sept

Thanks
Hi
I am in the same boat too!!
AOR Aug 25
MED Sep 20
BG Sep 20: Same, Stage IP1
No update after this.

ivyxu644

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
AOR Aug 17, being lp1 since Sept 8. Asked Ottawa office about my visa office and got replied today stating "The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario." so from my understanding, the r10 check is done and background check has not started yet. Is there still a long way to go?

ray987

Oct 17, 2018
AOR Aug 17, being lp1 since Sept 8. Asked Ottawa office about my visa office and got replied today stating "The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario." so from my understanding, the r10 check is done and background check has not started yet. Is there still a long way to go?
How did you contact the Ottawa office? CSE? And what exactly did you ask them?

mshubha

Oct 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone whose AOR on or after 8/16 got PPR? Im nervously waiting for my PPR. Please let me know, really appreciate.

Thank you
Hi,
Did you get any update on your PPR? My timelines are as below:
AOR : Aug 16
Request for RCMP : Sep 6
RCMP submitted : Sep 17

No update after. I am a CEC inland applicant and I have husband as dependent applicant and he lives in US.

My colleague submitted RCMP same day as me and received PPR request 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting.

Rsk202020

Oct 24, 2018
Hi,
How did you contact Ottawa office? I called CIC and they said u can check everything in ur online account that is linked to ur file.if there is any update,u can see in ur account. Can anyone tell what I should ask them regarding application?

Thanks

ivyxu644

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi,
How did you contact Ottawa office? I called CIC and they said u can check everything in ur online account that is linked to ur file.if there is any update,u can see in ur account. Can anyone tell what I should ask them regarding application?

Thanks
personal feeling, CIC agent can be very mean and inpatient, or nice, depend on who you talk to. I tried to ask the current progress but they didn't want to give much details. I just sent an email to Ottawa office asked for my visa office, and they gave me that sentence. You can find the details about finding out your visa office in this thread.https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-august-2018.579076/

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi,
Did you get any update on your PPR? My timelines are as below:
AOR : Aug 16
Request for RCMP : Sep 6
RCMP submitted : Sep 17

No update after. I am a CEC inland applicant and I have husband as dependent applicant and he lives in US.

My colleague submitted RCMP same day as me and received PPR request 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting.

@mshubha : Can you please provide me a detail about, how your process is happening?

Because mine also same like your profile. AM a CEC inland applicant and my husband as dependent applicant and he lives in Srilanka. We received our AOR on Aug 13th, after that no updates yet. We have submitted our medical before Aug 13th itself. Most of my friends said, because we both are in different places thats why the medicals itself getting delayed. But it's been more than 2 months. My visa office is 'Nova scotia'.

Really much appreciated for your response.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Guys,
I know we're all very anxious and the wait is horrible; but unfortunately, we HAVE to be patient and wait! CIC clearly states on their website that the processing time for PR applications is up to 6 months, so don't contact them before that time otherwise they're just going to tell you "all the information you need is in your online account". I know it's hard! I know it's almost impossible to stay calm, but we have to.
I'm on the same boat, I submitted my application mid-August and I'm patiently waiting, of course I check my account every single day, but all we can do is wait, wait and wait!!! Some people who submitted their application after me have received their PR already, but that doesn't mean mine is delayed or there's something wrong with it. It would be delayed if it goes beyond 6 months, and only then I would contact CIC.
No one here can give you a real "estimate" of how long it'll take, no one here can give you details on how the process goes because only CIC officers know and they're not going to tell you until it's time. So, please, just be patient and wait!
I wish everyone the best of luck! I hope we all get good news soon but until then, you know what we have to do.

Reactions: alexey_p