+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
I dont knw about that bcz first time when i checked the status three weeks ago it was like you passed the medical and processing your BG check
The reason am asking is for, before my medical status updated, my background status says the same as yours."We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Shraran

Feb 25, 2018
Hi Experts,

Can you let know how to check GCMS notes. I have received notes today and unable to get the information what I needed. It is 111 pages.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi Experts,

Can you let know how to check GCMS notes. I have received notes today and unable to get the information what I needed. It is 111 pages.
i was in same boat..it is usually the second or 3rd page that shows what stage you are on and the last few pages will have notes

Shraran

Feb 25, 2018
In the 2nd page it is showing:
Primary office- Calgary IRCC
Secondary Office- Vancouver Immigration
App Status: Open
App Status reason- In

In the 3rd page it is showing:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: passed
Info sharing: complete

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Anyone who received PPR this Monday has already sent their passport to Ottawa? What is the status of your mail, provided the Strike has been called off? Is Xpresspost smoother now?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
In the 2nd page it is showing:
Primary office- Calgary IRCC
Secondary Office- Vancouver Immigration
App Status: Open
App Status reason- In

In the 3rd page it is showing:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: passed
Info sharing: complete
Okay, looks like you are in very early stages in my opinion.
For me everything is same, my Eligibility says passed.

skaur78620

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Mine AOR 15 Aug 2018,
MEP Sep 3 2018.
I got Notes until October 15 2018.

Hey,

I got ITA today, so have a question for the senior members of this forum.

how much time they will take to give AOR after I submit PR application. Cuz my permit is expiring soon, so I was thinking about OBWP(Open Bridge Work Permit) as an option.

I'd really appreciate your time and all your replies would be really helpful for me. :)

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Its also worth noting that Ottawa is where every case gets sent eventually so I assume they are very busy. If you don't get approved by 5 months, order GCMS notes. They take about a month to arrive so if you don't get approved by 6 months, you'll get notes explaining the possible delay
Thank you so much for your reply. Can you let me know, how to order GCMS notes? There is two options, 1. Privacy act 2. Access to information. Which one I should select?

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. Can you let me know, how to order GCMS notes? There is two options, 1. Privacy act 2. Access to information. Which one I should select?
Select Access to Information. If you're charged $5.00 at the end you've selected the correct one :)

Last edited:

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hey,

I got ITA today, so have a question for the senior members of this forum.

how much time they will take to give AOR after I submit PR application. Cuz my permit is expiring soon, so I was thinking about OBWP(Open Bridge Work Permit) as an option.

I'd really appreciate your time and all your replies would be really helpful for me. :)
If you submit your application online, it should be almost instant, but can take a day or two, I think. Apply for your work permit extension as soon as you get it

GetThePRStatus

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I got my GCMS. Its 135 pages pdf :(.
What to look into that. I am completely lost with that pdf.

Only one thing noticeable is, Eligibility said "Recommended Passed". Though online it says In Progress.
Rest everything looks same as online information.

Anyone has any suggestion to on what needs to look at in the PDF?