+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Guys,

Do you know how to update the information in our profile?
I claimed 15 pts for my sister's PR status but her card was expired in Aug and she received a new PR card today. So, I want to upload her new card. What steps do I need to follow?

Thanks

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
People who got their PPR email- did you see a ghost update before the email came through. I saw an update this morning, I am not sure when it came because I did not check my app since last Monday- so, fair to assume it came sometime between last Monday and this Monday.

Any input, please?

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
People who got their PPR email- did you see a ghost update before the email came through. I saw an update this morning, I am not sure when it came because I did not check my app since last Monday- so, fair to assume it came sometime between last Monday and this Monday.

Any input, please?
My understanding is that a ghost update means that someone at CIC has opened your file for review. It doesn't necessarily mean they have moved to the next stage of processing, but it is usually a good sign.

I put my case into MyImmiTracker (My AOR is August 28th) and it says that we should be receiving PPR early December. Hopefully in time for Christmas!

Reactions: sageorge

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My understanding is that a ghost update means that someone at CIC has opened your file for review. It doesn't necessarily mean they have moved to the next stage of processing, but it is usually a good sign.

I put my case into MyImmiTracker (My AOR is August 28th) and it says that we should be receiving PPR early December. Hopefully in time for Christmas!
what is your visa office? There has been delays due to visa offices, lately.
I've been reading this, that the Sydney, Nova Scotia office has some backlog and hence the delays. My file is also there. I am approved since 24th Oct but no update ever since.

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
I've been reading this, that the Sydney, Nova Scotia office has some backlog and hence the delays. My file is also there. I am approved since 24th Oct but no update ever since.
I don't know what my visa office is, although I'm assuming Ottawa? How do I find out?

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
How do you know you have been approved?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Oh ok. I don't know what my visa office is, sorry. I'm not going to contact CIC unless my application has gone past the 6 months processing time
Yeah that's fine too. I am still in my 6 months time and I have called CIC twice. They aren't always rude. The two agents I got were really polite and gave all the information I needed. Also, I am partly relieved when she congratulated me, that my PR is approved. The communication is yet to be send, but that's a whole different backlog story.

Reactions: ktmerritt

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah that's fine too. I am still in my 6 months time and I have called CIC twice. They aren't always rude. The two agents I got were really polite and gave all the information I needed. Also, I am partly relieved when she congratulated me, that my PR is approved. The communication is yet to be send, but that's a whole different backlog story.
Oh congratulations! That's great news :) Just curious, where do you live in Canada? Would your application be submitted to the closest visa office to your address?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Oh congratulations! That's great news :) Just curious, where do you live in Canada? Would your application be submitted to the closest visa office to your address?
No, nothing close. :(
I am in Toronto and my application went Nova Scotia.
The agent told me that, from NS office it will now go to Ottawa office (not sure when) and there they would make a decision as to whether send me a PPR or a landing interview.

qw19367

Nov 6, 2018
Congratulations!!!! I'm happy for you!

Reactions: myra20sharma