+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HariAug5 said:
Same is the case here. I am Aug 01 applicant and received Med request in Apr and nothing after that.

Thanks
Thank you Hari,

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Hari and Sairam,

thank you for your replies,

Did you try to call CIC and follow up? were you able to get an answer?, clear one.

Sairam09

Oct 12, 2013
teb said:
Hi Hari and Sairam,

thank you for your replies,

Did you try to call CIC and follow up? were you able to get an answer?, clear one.
I did call them yesterday. They said that this program is closed so they don't have any definite timelines.

Thanks

poiuy

Nov 17, 2014
What did they mean by saying that the program is closed? Which program is closed and why they have no deadlines?

Sairam09

Oct 12, 2013
poiuy said:
What did they mean by saying that the program is closed? Which program is closed and why they have no deadlines?
He meant the OLD Process for PR is closed and New Process - Express Entry is in place from January 2015

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sairam09 said:
He meant the OLD Process for PR is closed and New Process - Express Entry is in place from January 2015

what an illogical answer,

Did you try to call again, and speak to another person? some of these representative are helpful and some have no idea what they are talking about.

and if u get the same answer, ask please ask what does he mean by close as long as there are some applications.

sorry if I am just asking you to call. There is no reason for me call as they have not received my medical results yet. I got my request 2 weeks ago

Thank you much

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teb said:
what an illogical answer,

Did you try to call again, and speak to another person? some of these representative are helpful and some have no idea what they are talking about.

and if u get the same answer, ask please ask what does he mean by close as long as there are some applications.

sorry if I am just asking you to call. There is no reason for me call as they have not received my medical results yet. I got my request 2 weeks ago

Thank you much
whats soo hard to understand.. what they mean is that the old process is closed and they aren't taking any more applications under that system.. and so all the remaining files are in backlog and they don't have a definitive timeline for it as its moving at an ants speed.

poiuy

Nov 17, 2014
ushiee88 said:
whats soo hard to understand.. what they mean is that the old process is closed and they aren't taking any more applications under that system.. and so all the remaining files are in backlog and they don't have a definitive timeline for it as its moving at an ants speed.

They do not take any more applications from October/November 2014 under the old system. It could have been better if they had decided to process all the old applications, as they are not going to have any more of them. This is why it is do hard to understand! Let's hope something will move from the new year.

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ushiee88 said:
Dear ushiee88,

Thank you for your comments.

I do understand English very well. and it seems that Sairam09 and I are understanding are on the same page. I am just asked a particular question to Sairam09.

Its obvious for every one that the CIC is slow in processing CEC applications. but I also know I don't call a project closed before it is the 100% completed. and when I am terminate a project without any plan.. I mean I am a Project manager and that's how I do work.

cheers buddy

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poiuy said:
They do not take any more applications from October/November 2014 under the old system. It could have been better if they had decided to process all the old applications, as they are not going to have any more of them. This is why it is do hard to understand! Let's hope something will move from the new year.

Hi poiuy,

Unfortunately CIC did not prepare well for the transition from CEC to Express Entry, and got them caught in a between the 2. I believe they have slowly resumed working on our applications and I got my medical requested 2 weeks ago. and another member on here mentioned that there were 2 other requests according to Trackit.

After all, every thing slows down during Christmas and New Year, Hopefully the 2nd week of Jan every one will resume work and we can all see a faster movement in process.

goldday

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teb said:
Hi poiuy,

Unfortunately CIC did not prepare well for the transition from CEC to Express Entry, and got them caught in a between the 2. I believe they have slowly resumed working on our applications and I got my medical requested 2 weeks ago. and another member on here mentioned that there were 2 other requests according to Trackit.

After all, every thing slows down during Christmas and New Year, Hopefully the 2nd week of Jan every one will resume work and we can all see a faster movement in process.

Well said teb,
Basically my thinking. I did upfront medicals a while back and around the same time you received your medicals is when my Ecas showed medicals received and after that got a pcc request the next day or so. My thinking is that more happenings will be routine come January first week and on.
Cheers people!!!

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
god grace said:
This is surprise gift on new year....Now everything is in god's hand....stay positive....
And also CIC website has been confirmed that 'Processing times tell you how long it took Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to process applications in the past after receiving a complete application package. Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications CIC receives. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete.'

Is it means 16 months from application received at CIO or CIC Ottawa office?