App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
I'm an August 1 applicant. Back in September my notes stated that they had started criminality checks but not security checks. Just contacted CIC- still doing background checks although they have started security checks as well. Very slow progress. The lady managed to keep a straight face and state that the average processing time is 14 months from the time the application is received!

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Vedder said:
The lady managed to keep a straight face and state that the average processing time is 14 months from the time the application is received!
I loved this sentence ... not just "keeping a straight face" on a phone... but in that case my PR would have been due two months ago. :D
I still hope for February. Anyway, thanks for the update. Merry X-mas.

Vedder

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
OhWow said:
I loved this sentence ... not just "keeping a straight face" on a phone... but in that case my PR would have been due two months ago. :D
I still hope for February. Anyway, thanks for the update. Merry X-mas.
One can only smile. Merry Christmas to you too.

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
I am Aug 29th Applicant and just now received GCMS. Its been 16months and i don't see any progress on my application. i got my 1st GCMS notes 8 months ago and this is my second notes. I can not see any difference. Except Criminality rest of all are not started :eek:. what the hell :mad:

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they havent reached mid aug yet..

kayak08

Jun 10, 2015
Hi All,

I'm 'Aug 8 2014' applicant for CEC, living in Montreal - Quebec. Received AOR on Oct 31 2014. I have requested for GCMS 3 times with no major progress yet (No MR received) except seeing some notes by Officer that he sees most of the documentation fine except for a concern that I've been working/living with my spouse in Quebec (as CEC eligibility needs one to settle outside QC).

Recent development is that my employer is sending me back to my home country (India) by end of Jan 2015 as my Canada assignment is getting over. I came here on Intra-Company Transfer. My current work permit expires by April 2015.

I have few queries as -

i) Should I update CIC through an email that I'm leaving Canada for my home country? Will that help to resolve their concern (or future query) regarding settlement outside Quebec?

ii) I'll be eligible for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) starting Jan first week. Should I apply for the same so as to explore opportunities in rest of Canada? Will it get approved before I leave Canada? Will it have any negative impact on my PR application (concerning point (i) above)?

Please guide.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
kayak08 said:
ii) I'll be eligible for Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) starting Jan first week. Should I apply for the same so as to explore opportunities in rest of Canada? Will it get approved before I leave Canada? Will it have any negative impact on my PR application (concerning point (i) above)?
You can apply for the BOWP. If you don't get it on time, you are on implied status and can stay in Canada, but not start any new work. I also lived in Quebec and then moved to BC, which was also my planned destination before I ever came to Canada. You need to move to another province and update your address, otherwise, CIC will ask for a letter from you explaining your intent to reside outside of Quebec, which is what they make a decision on. If they are not convinced by your letter and you still reside in Quebec, then you might face rejection. The best option for you would be to apply for a BOWP and move to another province, that way, you don't risk losing your PR. Of course, only if you have the money to do that and are able to cover a couple of months without a job until you finally receive your BOWP or PR to apply for a new one.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
srihari ram said:
I am Aug 29th Applicant and just now received GCMS. Its been 16months and i don't see any progress on my application. i got my 1st GCMS notes 8 months ago and this is my second notes. I can not see any difference. Except Criminality rest of all are not started :eek:. what the hell :mad:
wait till jan end... will do some efforts post that...

andy103

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
kayak08 said:
Hi All,

I'm 'Aug 8 2014' applicant for CEC, living in Montreal - Quebec. Received AOR on Oct 31 2014. I have requested for GCMS 3 times with no major progress yet (No MR received) except seeing some notes by Officer that he sees most of the documentation fine except for a concern that I've been working/living with my spouse in Quebec (as CEC eligibility needs one to settle outside QC).

Recent development is that my employer is sending me back to my home country (India) by end of Jan 2015 as my Canada assignment is getting over. I came here on Intra-Company Transfer. My current work permit expires by April 2015.

I have few queries as -

i) Should I update CIC through an email that I'm leaving Canada for my home country? Will that help to resolve their concern (or future query) regarding settlement outside Quebec?

Please guide.
if you are changing your present residence update them with the new address along with providing a copy of boarding pass to prove that you have changed countries hope that helps also provide them a copy of your stamped passport

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
kayak08 said:
Hi All,

I have few queries as -

Please guide.
Answers to your questions
i) Yes you can update CIC through email, however it is recommended to be done after you leave Canada. I am not sure if it is going to resolve the issue with you working in Quebec.
ii) If you already have a note from your employer stating end of your contract you can still apply for the BOWP and not wait for the 4 month rule. Will it get approved before you leave Canada? it depends on when are you leaving, the current processing time for a new WP is around 120 days. So I guess that would give you an idea how long it takes to get a BOWP. Please note you dont have to leave Canada if you have still have validity on your closed WP.

Best Regards,

goldday

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merry Christmas my fellow August applicants. Also wishing us a very pr and prosperous new year .
All indications is that we are going to get our applications completed early next year so please don't drink and drive, don't get in trouble with the law and walk around with a smile because they say "it is darkest before sunrise" and I feel we have already gone through our darkest and our sunrise is around the corner!

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
goldday said:
Merry Christmas my fellow August applicants. Also wishing us a very pr and prosperous new year .
All indications is that we are going to get our applications completed early next year so please don't drink and drive, don't get in trouble with the law and walk around with a smile because they say "it is darkest before sunrise" and I feel we have already gone through our darkest and our sunrise is around the corner!
Thank You! and a very happy new year and merry Christmas to you and your family.
A very good message indeed. Keep safe people, winter has arrived :).

Best Regards,