+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi everyone!
I was invited to apply for PR + my spouse through CEC in early April. I'm just in the process of filling out the details form and have a few questions:

1) Will my spouse need a medical exam? (he is already living and studying in Canada on a student permit)

2) I applied around this time last year, and it was declined due to incomplete documents. It's in the middle of COVID so a lot of the documents I won't be able to get this time, or will be very delayed such as a new medical exam, declaration of common-law partnership, etc. What is the general accepted time frame for documentation? e.g. letters from ex-employers regarding work status. My documents would be approximately 12 months old by now.

3) As my spouse is living in Canada, will he need a Canadian police certificate?

4) My spouse has done the IELTS academic exam in 2015, but not general training. Should I say that he has not sat an exam, as the only options are to either say no, or to say you have done general training? I guess I could say in a LOE that he has done the academic training. Would it be a good idea for him to try and sit the IELTS again?

That's all the questions I have for now. Thank you so much for your help in advance :)

Hi there. I'm just curious on no2. What documents were you missing then? Did you submit a letter of explanation in lieu of that document?An did you not reapply immediately with complete documents? I just want to learn too from your experience. Hope you can share. Thank you.

ketulp_patel

Dec 25, 2018
Hi,

I also got the ITA on 16th Apr. Now the problem is my wife and daughter are in India for some family function in Feb and their return tickets are in march but due to lockdown tickets were canceled and now don't know at what time they come back to Canada.

1) Is it OK, if my wife and daughter do their medical in India?
2) If she applies for PCC form India is it OK?

Thank you.

Md Sajeeb

Jul 19, 2015
Hello Everyone,

As you already know, the express entry application only asks for "Month" and "Year" when entering work experience information.

In my case, I have exactly 23 months 26 days of experience whereas 21 months 10 days under PGWP and 2 months 16 days under Study permit. In my EE portal, I stated that I have worked 2 months 16 days under-study permit and rest are under PGWP.

Note: I worked under-study permit while I was waiting for my defense.

Therefore, May 1, 2020, the system rounded up my work experience as 2 years and gave me points based on that which increased my score 461. Therefore, I received an invitation today with the cut-off score being 452.

However, My actual employment dates for my jobs is as follows:

Job #1: From: November 20, 2017
To: August 30, 2018
( February 06, 2018, to August 30, 2018, under PGWP)

Job #2: From: November 11, 2018
To: June 05, 2019

Job #3: From: September 09, 2019
To: Current

Based on calculating my work experience (under PGWP) based on this website (link below), my total experience is: 1 year, 9 months, and 9 days (As of May 1, 2020)

https://tools.knowledgewalls.com/online-work-experience-calculator

So technically, I don't have 2 years of experience.

In this case, should I decline my invitation and wait till I complete 2 years of experience which is going to be sometime in July 2020? Or should I apply anyway?

And if I decline the invitation and given that the draw score is going low these days, will this affect my chance of receiving future invitations?

Thank you very much for your help.

theprairieboy

Apr 22, 2020
Hi,

I recent got an ITA and I know for a fact that CEC applicants are not required to provide proof of fund. But why there's a section that asks for a proof on my tabs? Thank you!

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hi,

I recent got an ITA and I know for a fact that CEC applicants are not required to provide proof of fund. But why there's a section that asks for a proof on my tabs? Thank you!
Because in the questionnaire there is a question asking how much fund you bring to Canada and we put a number there when submitting ee profile. Now you can change the number to 0 and mention it in the explanation letter that CEC applicant does not need a proof of fund.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if the two questions below have the same meaning. I was refused visitor visa one time so how should I answer both questions? Thank you very much.

Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if the two questions below have the same meaning. I was refused visitor visa one time so how should I answer both questions? Thank you very much.

Has XXXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)

Has XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Answer yes to both, explanation should be the same.

Reactions: vubq123

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I received ITA on May 1st draw, but my birthday is nearing on May 20th and I will be losing 10 points (> 40 years age). I won't be able to get AOR before May 20th anyways due to Covid situation. However I get 10 points again for my Canada work experience on August 15th. Will this affect my application. What do you guys think?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone,

I received ITA on May 1st draw, but my birthday is nearing on May 20th and I will be losing 10 points (> 40 years age). I won't be able to get AOR before May 20th anyways due to Covid situation. However I get 10 points again for my Canada work experience on August 15th. Will this affect my application. What do you guys think?
Age gets locked at ITA. The rest of your docs like language exam should be valid by the time you submit you eAPR. Up to you.

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Guys, I have received ITA on April 9th (Inland), do you think it is safe to go to medical exams during the ongoing health crisis? I live in GTA right now

DB233

May 3, 2020
Hi guys - Does anyone have experience of the 'proof of funds' upload slot disappearing completely on your document upload page? I have already submitted my application and this slot wasn't there for me when I did (although 90% certain it was present when I first got invited), yet seems like it still appears for most CEC applicants! I did send a web form/uploaded the letter confirming I'm a CEC applicant once I realised, but of course there is the chance they don't get looked at for a long time, and I'm concerned it will appear that I'm missing a document!

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
Hi, I am wondering if I can provide fingerprint/ biometric at other RCMP designated locations other than Service Canada. As you all know Service Canada locations are closed till further notice. Thank You.

sophienz

Apr 29, 2020
1] Yes. It does not matter if your/spouse's residence in Canada or not!
CIC says " If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your family members must also have a medical exam, even if they’re not coming with you. "

2] not sure about it.. nevertheless you must submit your application before it expires. CIC said they will not reject any application coz of incomplete documentation due to Covid-19.
BTW what documents you were short of in last year application?

3] Canadian PCC is not required for the main applicant or for the spouse. if they need it they will ask for RCMP by fingerprint as an ADR.

4] if you did not claim points for spouses ielts why would u even care about it? why need to do IELTS after ITA? just say No.

and NO, IELTS academic is not acceptable

CIC says"

IELTS: International English Language Testing System
  • you must take the General Training option
  • we don’t accept the Academic option for Express Entry
1) Thank you! He is booked in to get a medical in Toronto next week. I am in NZ but can't currently get a medical here so will have to submit a LOE for that.
2) Last year was a stupid mistake on my part. I am a veterinarian and had been working in Ontario so I assumed that my Ontario Veterinary license meant that I had the 'Canadian qualifications' for my degree. This was wrong - I needed an ECA. Which I have now. My mistake was being far too casual the first time I applied and not digging into what things I needed more.
The other thing they mentioned was that my spouse's educational documents did not have a certified translation done. His veterinary degree is from Peru, but he has had translations done of this and we also had an ECA done for his degree so I am hoping that is adequate enough this time.
3) Thanks!
4) You're right, it doesn't contribute to my points so I will forget about it. Thank you