+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS expiry after application submission

ssbhatti

May 18, 2019
Hi Members,
I have received nomination from Alberta and now preparing documents as I am sure I will get ITA in very next draw as soon I accept the nomination which I will do around 25th of this month.
My EE profile is expiring on 01-Aug-2019 while IELTS on 18-Aug-2019.
If I get ITA anywhere in June and submit the application within due date and of course before my EE profile expires, would I be good to go or IELTS has to be valid till some certain amount of time after application submission.
I am aware that as per CIC instructions, IELTS has to be valid at the time of application submission but still wanted to make sure.
Expert opinion required please. TIA

VBha

Aug 11, 2017
Hi Members,
I have received nomination from Alberta and now preparing documents as I am sure I will get ITA in very next draw as soon I accept the nomination which I will do around 25th of this month.
My EE profile is expiring on 01-Aug-2019 while IELTS on 18-Aug-2019.
If I get ITA anywhere in June and submit the application within due date and of course before my EE profile expires, would I be good to go or IELTS has to be valid till some certain amount of time after application submission.
I am aware that as per CIC instructions, IELTS has to be valid at the time of application submission but still wanted to make sure.
Expert opinion required please. TIA
Hello, were you able to make the cut? or had to take the IELTS again.

I am facing the same issue. IELTS score expiring on 11 August, Got PNP from Alberta, waiting for next draw (hopefully tomorrow i.e 7 August). Should I take the IELTS again?

ssbhatti

May 18, 2019
Hello, were you able to make the cut? or had to take the IELTS again.

I am facing the same issue. IELTS score expiring on 11 August, Got PNP from Alberta, waiting for next draw (hopefully tomorrow i.e 7 August). Should I take the IELTS again?
Hello,
YES I received ITA on 29-May and submitted my application on 15-Jul. Received AOR immediately. So once you submit application and receive AOR, your application gets locked. As per CIC requirements, IELTS must be valid on the day you submit your final application (not the day you receive ITA).

If you get ITA and your IELTS expires before you submit your application, IELTS won't be accepted.

As your IELTS will expire in less than a week and you are still waiting for ITA, I would suggest you to retake IELTS exam.

In other scenario, lets suppose if you get ITA tomorrow, you will need to gather all other required documents (Employment Letters, PCC, Bank Letter etc.) and submit application before the expiry of your IELTS which seems very tough.

I would suggest, if you have already accepted Nomination through your EE account and you receive ITA in the next round and can't submit your application before expiry of IELTS, you should decline the invitation and resit IELTS exam immediately. Declining ITA will put you back in the pool, but if you leave ITA open for 60 days, it will expire along with your profile. In that case you will have to recreate your profile and will have to contact Govt. of Alberta again to link your nomination to your new profile, which can be time taking and not sure will be accepted by Govt. of Alberta.

VBha

Aug 11, 2017
Hello,
YES I received ITA on 29-May and submitted my application on 15-Jul. Received AOR immediately. So once you submit application and receive AOR, your application gets locked. As per CIC requirements, IELTS must be valid on the day you submit your final application (not the day you receive ITA).

If you get ITA and your IELTS expires before you submit your application, IELTS won't be accepted.

As your IELTS will expire in less than a week and you are still waiting for ITA, I would suggest you to retake IELTS exam.

In other scenario, lets suppose if you get ITA tomorrow, you will need to gather all other required documents (Employment Letters, PCC, Bank Letter etc.) and submit application before the expiry of your IELTS which seems very tough.

I would suggest, if you have already accepted Nomination through your EE account and you receive ITA in the next round and can't submit your application before expiry of IELTS, you should decline the invitation and resit IELTS exam immediately. Declining ITA will put you back in the pool, but if you leave ITA open for 60 days, it will expire along with your profile. In that case you will have to recreate your profile and will have to contact Govt. of Alberta again to link your nomination to your new profile, which can be time taking and not sure will be accepted by Govt. of Alberta.
Firstly, thanks for the detailed response, much appreciated.
Unfortunately (or fortunately?!) there was no draw today. I have booked a slot for IELTS computer based exam.
Feeling rusted right now but with preparation I am aiming to surpass my previous overall score of 8 :) Fingers crossed with lot of hope.

Reactions: Yogi_Ninama

tutsy50

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Hi seniors,
My mpnp application is still in process and my ielts results has expired.my question is this....if I get a nomination from Manitoba,would I have to take another ielts exam before applying to IRCC?Thanks in advance.

VBha

Aug 11, 2017
Hi seniors,
My mpnp application is still in process and my ielts results has expired.my question is this....if I get a nomination from Manitoba,would I have to take another ielts exam before applying to IRCC?Thanks in advance.
Yes, your must have a valid and active IELTS score

Yogi_Ninama

Jun 7, 2020
Firstly, thanks for the detailed response, much appreciated.
Unfortunately (or fortunately?!) there was no draw today. I have booked a slot for IELTS computer based exam.
Feeling rusted right now but with preparation I am aiming to surpass my previous overall score of 8 :) Fingers crossed with lot of hope.

Can someone please provide an insight on this.
I am in Alberta on closed work permit. Soon I will have my EE profile ready. My IELTS score card will expire in April this year. To be eligible for AINP express entry do i have to reappear for IELTS exam as my score is going to expire in next two months. — looking for recommendations.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can someone please provide an insight on this.
I am in Alberta on closed work permit. Soon I will have my EE profile ready. My IELTS score card will expire in April this year. To be eligible for AINP express entry do i have to reappear for IELTS exam as my score is going to expire in next two months. — looking for recommendations.
Your IELTS results have to be valid or your name will be dropped from the pool.

Yogi_Ninama

Jun 7, 2020
Your IELTS results have to be valid or your name will be dropped from the pool.
Hi thanks for replying. What my question is, am I eligible to get nomination till my IELTS is valid let’s say till April. Or AINP will consider that as my IELTS is going to expire soon and will not consider for nomination.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi thanks for replying. What my question is, am I eligible to get nomination till my IELTS is valid let’s say till April. Or AINP will consider that as my IELTS is going to expire soon and will not consider for nomination.
If your IELTS results are valid until April and you get a invitation by April, you will get the nomination. You will want to update your IELTS scores to keep current during the PR process.

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
If your IELTS results are valid until April and you get a invitation by April, you will get the nomination. You will want to update your IELTS scores to keep current during the PR process.
Hello there,
I'm kinda in the same boat as the poster who asked the question you just replied to.

My IELTS score is valid for another 4 months and I'm planning on submitting my AINP application in the coming days.

After submission of my application, if I retake IELTS, can I send my updated scores to AINP so that I can continue to be considered for nomination? Of course, I'll aim to get the same or better score so that my CRS score does not increase.

Is this method possible? I do not want to delay submitting the application to AINP, hence want to know this badly!

Thanks in advance.