+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Eve 91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
P;ease help my child is already a Canadian should I add her to my PR application as accompanying or non-accompanying dependant

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I am kind of confused about my status.

I received the ITA on April 9th.
It says "Invitation Received".

There is now a new entry at the bottom for Permanent Residency.
It says "Continue Application".

I was confused, because I thought, after I received an invite, I would have to accept the invitation?
It looks like it has just started counting down from 90 days.

Does this mean, that there isn't any "Accept Invitation" button, and the application process starts as soon as you are invited?

In addition to this, I have an Upfront Medical Exam Scheduled for today.
I was checking out the application this morning, because I was under the impression that I had to accept the invitation, before I could go to the Upfront Medical.

Am, I right to assume, that the identifying number I need to bring for my PR application, is the Express Entry Profile Number?

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I have an upfront Medical Exam this afternoon, and I see that I need to get a new Passport Photo of myself taken.

Can any suggest a place in Toronto that still does this?

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I have an upfront Medical Exam this afternoon, and I see that I need to get a new Passport Photo of myself taken.

Any of the nearby convenience store should have option to take passport photo. I think most of the convenience stores selling food items would be open. Or may be try in walmart.

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I am kind of confused about my status.

I received the ITA on April 9th.
It says "Invitation Received".

There is now a new entry at the bottom for Permanent Residency.
It says "Continue Application".

I was confused, because I thought, after I received an invite, I would have to accept the invitation?
It looks like it has just started counting down from 90 days.

Does this mean, that there isn't any "Accept Invitation" button, and the application process starts as soon as you are invited?

In addition to this, I have an Upfront Medical Exam Scheduled for today.
I was checking out the application this morning, because I was under the impression that I had to accept the invitation, before I could go to the Upfront Medical.

Am, I right to assume, that the identifying number I need to bring for my PR application, is the Express Entry Profile Number?
I think, you have option either continue application or decline application. There will be no separate accept option. Continue application means, you are accepting it, but you still have option to decline it if needed.
Upfront medicals can be continued.

Reactions: 8638896255

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020

Maybe Shoppers Drug Mart. Let us know where you got your passport photo after, please! Thanks.

Reactions: 8638896255

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I have concerns about my Police Certificates. I am originally from Ireland, but in the last 10 years, I have lived in a bunch of places for longer than 6 months. So, when I was applying for IEC in 2018, I included certs from: Ireland, Finland, Norway and Spain. Again, I got all of these in 2018.

Then, when applying for PR, I have reordered ones for Ireland, and Norway. Since, I have returned to Ireland since 2018, and I was applying for IEC in Norway, and there are many months before I left for Canada that aren't covered.

I have asked around, and people have said that since there is no expiry on the Finnish and Spanish ones, I can just reuse them. However, talking to my friend today, he told me that, to be on the safe side I should reorder all police certificates to make sure there aren't problems.

I have been under the impression for a couple of months now, that there isn't an issue with reusing the Finnish and Spanish Police Certs from my 2018 IEC application.

I've 77 days left on my invitation, and I can get another Finnish one quickly enough, but I think the Spanish one is more complicated, since I have to physically mail a request, and then get the certificate translated by a certified Canadian translator.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?