+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - application rejected.

m.leo87

Apr 3, 2015
Hi All,
I applied for canadian experince class in Feb-2014, and got my file no. in March 2014.
After waiting for so long finally yesterday I got the email from CIC saying my application rejected because the VO is not satisfied with my job duties which resemblance the NOC code I used.
I used NOC CODE 2242 Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment), because I am working as a Fire alarm technician. Which belongs to NOC 2242 group.
VO is saying that work I am doing is not for NOC 2242, which is i think not good to be true.
Below is the letter I got form CIC VO,.

Date: March 25, 2015

UCI: xxxxxxxx Application: xxxxxxxxxx

Name

Email

Dear (Name):

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of

the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for

immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience

Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The

assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to

become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

 temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada and any period of full

time study or training,

 meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and

 qualifying Canadian skilled work experience.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work

experience in Canada: NOC 2242 – Electronic Services Technicians (household and business equipment)

I have reviewed your application in its entirety and the additional employment reference letter you

provided in response to my letter and I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience

requirements because:

 I note that you declared work experience as an Electronic Service Technician with XYZ

from 18Feb2013 to27Feb2014.

 I note that you provided a letter of employment dated 27Feb2014 signed by Operations Manager

– . This letter of employment provides a list of job duties performed which

include installing and repairing fire alarm systems, conducting monthly and annual inspections,

inspect and test fire alarm components, troubleshoot, diagnose and locate circuits and faulty

components and keep track of maintenance records in log book.

 I note that the lead statement for NOC 1215 states that ‘Electronic service technicians service and

repair household and business electronic equipment such as audio and video systems, computers

and peripherals, office equipment and other consumer electronic equipment and assemblies. They

are employed by electronic service and retail establishments, by wholesale distributors and within

service departments of electronic manufacturing companies.’

 I am not satisfied that you have been performing the actions of the lead statement and a

substantial number of the main duties as set out for the national occupational code 2242 because

you are not repairing and servicing household and business electronic equipment. I am however

satisfied that you have been performing work under the NOC 7445 – Other repairers and

servicers.

As such, I am not satisfied that you have acquired one year of full-time skilled work experience in a skill

level 0, A or B of the National Occupation Classification matrix and therefore, do not meet the

requirements for the Canadian Experience Class program as set out in R87.1. Therefore, I am refusing

your application.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer

for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if,

following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets

the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the

Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act

and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present

application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention

guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be

returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and

would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer –

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

How can it be not skilled ?? Because the job title is even on their website under NOC 2242.
Should I write email to programe manager to re-open or re-consider my application, as I believe VO who had my file for assessment did not clearly understand the job title.
Or should I consider re-epplying under express entry?? Also my work permit is expiring in JULY-2015. So i need to do something as soon as possible.

Any suggestion/Idea/Guidance will be really appreciaited.
Is there anybody outther who was in the same boat as me, and now has PR. If yes, please give me some guidance.

luckyb

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Hello, sorry to hear about the bad news.

Your title is 'fire alarm technician'.

I did a quick search on the NOC 2242 - it includes 'alarm system technician'.
I'm not a technical expert on this field, but it sounds like alarm system technician is something related to an alarm system involving complicated circuits? (The one I can think of is the home monitoring alarm system)
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SearchNocCodeResult.aspx?val17=2242&val18=0&val19=0

NOC 7445
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SearchNocCodeResult.aspx?val17=7445&val18=0&val19=0
It has a title listing "fire equipment repairer/ servicer", which I think the VO classified you into this.

Do you have relevant education in this field? (see employment requirements)
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2242
If you do, you might have a case to argue?

Express entry under CEC requires a skill job in NOC level 0, A and B too. You need to be able to support your claims in those NOC level, when re-applying under EE CEC.

I don't have any experience in this, hopefully someone else could chime in. All the best!

m.leo87

Apr 3, 2015
Hey luckyb,

Thank you for your help and pointing out the links.
After review your reply, I think the work I do falls under both 2242 and 7445, because as per 2242, I do install and work on fire alarm panel which consists of complicated circuits.( All this fire alarm panels are required in all area. ) and also I repair fire alarm euipment which as you bring to my point is for NOC 7445.

I do have college diploma from Ontario, but nor specifically in electronics, but I took few courses for electronics in college. And also i would like to point out some topics while talking about employment requirement that it say education OR on job training. Even though if i have college diploma which is of two tears, but not in electronics, I still fulfilling their requirement for on the job training.

I work at another place too, part time in ware house. I can talk to my manager and arrange another job as a Shipping coordinator.
But just thinking if I apply again under EE , but with another job title. will it affect ?? because now CIC have me in their system.

And also do u have any idea for extension of work permit as it is expiring in July.

m.leo87

Apr 3, 2015
Hello CanadaPRone,

No i did not get any email from CIC before this, this is the only email i have after I got my file# from CIC.
And sorry I am new to this forum, can you be more specific wat u mean by GCMS note?

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
mleo can u provide ur timeline, i fall under the same noc, and i applied the same month and you, what is the exact date u applied and aor date?

luckyb

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
m.leo87 said:
Hey luckyb,

Thank you for your help and pointing out the links.
After review your reply, I think the work I do falls under both 2242 and 7445, because as per 2242, I do install and work on fire alarm panel which consists of complicated circuits.( All this fire alarm panels are required in all area. ) and also I repair fire alarm euipment which as you bring to my point is for NOC 7445.

I do have college diploma from Ontario, but nor specifically in electronics, but I took few courses for electronics in college. And also i would like to point out some topics while talking about employment requirement that it say education OR on job training. Even though if i have college diploma which is of two tears, but not in electronics, I still fulfilling their requirement for on the job training.

I work at another place too, part time in ware house. I can talk to my manager and arrange another job as a Shipping coordinator.
But just thinking if I apply again under EE , but with another job title. will it affect ?? because now CIC have me in their system.

And also do u have any idea for extension of work permit as it is expiring in July.
I assumed u have PGWP now.
If you apply under EE, once you get AOR (which is generated only a couple of days).
You should be able apply bridging open work permit with that.

m.leo87

Apr 3, 2015
Thanks luckyb.

I am already started doing paperwork to file for EE.
Just wanted to ask one more question which is bothering me is, can I apply under diffrent NOC code now?? With that being said is does it matter if I apply under diffrent NOC then the NOC used first time for which I got rejected.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
m.leo87 said:
Hi All,
I applied for canadian experince class in Feb-2014, and got my file no. in March 2014.
After waiting for so long finally yesterday I got the email from CIC saying my application rejected because the VO is not satisfied with my job duties which resemblance the NOC code I used.
I used NOC CODE 2242 Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment), because I am working as a Fire alarm technician. Which belongs to NOC 2242 group.
VO is saying that work I am doing is not for NOC 2242, which is i think not good to be true.

Name

Email

Dear (Name):

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of

the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for

immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience

Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The

assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to

 temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada and any period of full

time study or training,

 meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work

experience in Canada: NOC 2242 – Electronic Services Technicians (household and business equipment)

I have reviewed your application in its entirety and the additional employment reference letter you

provided in response to my letter and I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience

requirements because:

 I note that you declared work experience as an Electronic Service Technician with XYZ

 I note that you provided a letter of employment dated 27Feb2014 signed by Operations Manager

include installing and repairing fire alarm systems, conducting monthly and annual inspections,

inspect and test fire alarm components, troubleshoot, diagnose and locate circuits and faulty

 I note that the lead statement for NOC 1215 states that ‘Electronic service technicians service and

repair household and business electronic equipment such as audio and video systems, computers

and peripherals, office equipment and other consumer electronic equipment and assemblies. They

are employed by electronic service and retail establishments, by wholesale distributors and within

service departments of electronic manufacturing companies.'

 I am not satisfied that you have been performing the actions of the lead statement and a

substantial number of the main duties as set out for the national occupational code 2242 because

you are not repairing and servicing household and business electronic equipment. I am however

satisfied that you have been performing work under the NOC 7445 – Other repairers and

servicers.

As such, I am not satisfied that you have acquired one year of full-time skilled work experience in a skill

level 0, A or B of the National Occupation Classification matrix and therefore, do not meet the

requirements for the Canadian Experience Class program as set out in R87.1. Therefore, I am refusing

your application.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer

for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if,

following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets

the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act

and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present

application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention

guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be

returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and

would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer –

How can it be not skilled ?? Because the job title is even on their website under NOC 2242.
Should I write email to programe manager to re-open or re-consider my application, as I believe VO who had my file for assessment did not clearly understand the job title.
Or should I consider re-epplying under express entry?? Also my work permit is expiring in JULY-2015. So i need to do something as soon as possible.

Is there anybody outther who was in the same boat as me, and now has PR. If yes, please give me some guidance.
that is sad news considering you have been waiting for over a year :'(
I applied under NOC 2242 and I can remember my reference letter from my employer itemizing my duties which included installation, servicing, and repair of alarm, fire, cctv, and access control systems...

Apart from fire systems what else did your letter speak of? were you formally trained on fire systems and other aspects of electronic systems?
I'm not 100% sure of the criteria for working in this field of work but I had to present all my certificates as proof of knowledge, I know of at least 3 associates who tried to obtain W/P under 2242 and were denied based on their inability to demonstrate knowledge in this field.

If you wish i can PM you my actual reference letter so you can see how it was structured (it will take me a few days since i'M away for the Easter.

good Luck!

m.leo87

Apr 3, 2015
Hi Astro.ca,
My job letter was specifically describing fire alarm duties.
Can you please PM your reference letter for my review, it will be a great help.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
m.leo87 said:
Hi Astro.ca,
My job letter was specifically describing fire alarm duties.
Can you please PM your reference letter for my review, it will be a great help.
Sure upon my return home.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
m.leo87 said:
Hello CanadaPRone,

No i did not get any email from CIC before this, this is the only email i have after I got my file# from CIC.
And sorry I am new to this forum, can you be more specific wat u mean by GCMS note?
GCMS notes are the computer generated notes made
By the Visa Office reviewing your app. They Physical Files are actual scans of all the pages in your file. Usually all you need are the GCMS to understand reasons behind the decisions made. Much more detail than the letter sent. Search in forum for GCMS and you will find all info required to order your notes. $5 if you have Canadian address.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Sorry for hear that after waiting so long .

Do you applied GCMS before ? because the failure belong to eligibility , but the eligibility usually done before medical request. except a second review required.

when you do get medical check request ?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Pippin said:
GCMS notes are the computer generated notes made
By the Visa Office reviewing your app. They Physical Files are actual scans of all the pages in your file. Usually all you need are the GCMS to understand reasons behind the decisions made. Much more detail than the letter sent. Search in forum for GCMS and you will find all info required to order your notes. $5 if you have Canadian address.
Under privacy act it is free if you are in canada

Reactions: Tomi2

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Hi All,

Name

Email

Dear (Name):

immigration to Canada.

time study or training,

requirements because:

service departments of electronic manufacturing companies.’

servicers.

your application.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer –

Sorry about this....any updates now?