NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2020
AOR Received.
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
09-11-2020
Hello All,

I just got ghost update. It is not the glitch for sure because I have noticed my Background check changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." from "We are processing your background check. We will send you message if we need more information."

Not sure why the background check went backwards?

Any suggestions on this GU?
@legalfalcon, any insights please? Thanking you in advance.

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
Looking at other threads I estimate that it might take another 1-1.5 month for the first-week of September AORs to start receiving CopR for those who have VO as Ottawa. They have been issuing bulk CoPRs for July folks and today I saw a July 31 on the other thread so they might be moving towards August AORs soon.

I can't really tell for offices other than Ottawa because looks like they move at very different paces, but I've noticed a bit of consistency with the processing of VO Ottawa at the moment.

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Hello All,

I just got ghost update. It is not the glitch for sure because I have noticed my Background check changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." from "We are processing your background check. We will send you message if we need more information."

Did you get any email for GU or just checked in profile ?

areasmina

Feb 12, 2019
El Salvador
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2020
AOR Received.
23-09-2020
Med's Done....
5-11-2020
Interview........
N/A
Hello!

I'm an outland CEC applicant. Does anyone know if the process would a bit slower for me? Just cause I'm not an inland applicant? This next March 23rd will be my 6th month and I haven't had any updates since November 25th. My loading bar has also disappeared. It's been like 2-3 weeks since it disappeared.

Severus0

Feb 26, 2021
Hello!

I'm an outland CEC applicant. Does anyone know if the process would a bit slower for me? Just cause I'm not an inland applicant? This next March 23rd will be my 6th month and I haven't had any updates since November 25th. My loading bar has also disappeared. It's been like 2-3 weeks since it disappeared.
I'm an Inland CEC and I have the same situation, the progress is soo slow. don't worry, most of the applicants are in the same position.

madiches

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2020
AOR Received.
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
09-11-2020
Hello All,

Hi All,

I have called agent support center and this is the first time I called them after Nov 2020. Reason behind my call is because I got GU yesterday. Agent was quite polite and answered all my questions.

File was last touched yesterday to update my eligibility to Recommended Pass and before to that update my application was last touched in Nov 2020 (MEP update).

Criminality is Passed and Security is not started.

Now, does anybody know when will the Eligibility be change to Pass after Recommended Pass?

Reactions: pm_157

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Hi All,

I have called agent support center and this is the first time I called them after Nov 2020. Reason behind my call is because I got GU yesterday. Agent was quite polite and answered all my questions.

File was last touched yesterday to update my eligibility to Recommended Pass and before to that update my application was last touched in Nov 2020 (MEP update).

Criminality is Passed and Security is not started.

Now, does anybody know when will the Eligibility be change to Pass after Recommended Pass?
My assumption as per August groups is that September applications will start seeing some updates in April. Still August AOR's are waiting for updates so don't expect any updates before April if your VO is ottawa. Again this is my assumption which may be wrong also :)

Reactions: Absii

madiches

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2020
AOR Received.
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
09-11-2020
My assumption as per August groups is that September applications will start seeing some updates in April. Still August AOR's are waiting for updates so don't expect any updates before April if your VO is ottawa. Again this is my assumption which may be wrong also :)
Mine is Ottawa. Yes, this update was a big relief for me. I can wait now. Probably will have to go to hibernation without thinking much about the processing.

Reactions: pm_157 and Puttna03

Jagg_8

Dec 18, 2020
Hello All,
I contacted IRCC call centre today and below are my updates

CEC Inland
AOR Sep 23
Medical Passed Nov 5
Eligibility - Recommended Pass
Criminality- In progress
Security- Not Started
VO: CPC Ottawa

when I contacted them in December my file was in Sydney office and now it’s in Ottawa.

Reactions: Absii and jfider

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello All,
I contacted IRCC call centre today and below are my updates

CEC Inland
AOR Sep 23
Medical Passed Nov 5
Eligibility - Recommended Pass
Criminality- In progress
Security- Not Started
VO: CPC Ottawa

when I contacted them in December my file was in Sydney office and now it’s in Ottawa.
Are you a single applicant or do you have dependents?

LoveYVR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
Hi guys: I just had a conversation with a sweet agent about 5 mins ago and here is my update:

CEC Inland applicant.
VO- Ottawa
AOR: Sept 16,2020
Medical - passed
Info sharing - passed
Biometrics- done
ELIGIBILITY- Passed
Criminality- Passed
Security- not started yet.
I hope you all have a great day.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Hi guys: I just had a conversation with a sweet agent about 5 mins ago and here is my update:

CEC Inland applicant.
VO- Ottawa
AOR: Sept 16,2020
Medical - passed
Info sharing - passed
Biometrics- done
ELIGIBILITY- Passed
Criminality- Passed
Security- not started yet.
I hope you all have a great day.
Eligibility is recommended passed or passed. Just curious to know

Reactions: Akku123