+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Sep 2020 **Join Here**

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
IF you receive the COPR, then you are a PR and you need a PRTD to re-enter Canada. The info provided to you is correct.

Ideally, if you were not physically in Canada, you should not have received an e-COPR. Since you did, you now need a PRTD or a PR Card to enter canada.

Thanks, @legalfalcon for answering

Just another silly question I have is as the PRTD application is taking months, what will happen if I travel with my TRV?
The airline just check the visa and they (might)will allow but what will happen when I reach the Canadian airport?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks, @legalfalcon for answering

Just another silly question I have is as the PRTD application is taking months, what will happen if I travel with my TRV?
The airline just check the visa and they (might)will allow but what will happen when I reach the Canadian airport?

Thanks
As soon as you received the e-COPR, you became a PR and all existing visas and permits were cancelled. The only way to travel back to Canada without a PRTD or PR card is by crossing the land border in a non-commercial vehicle. You can use your COPR to cross the US-Canada border in your own vehicle.

If you are flying back into Canada, you will need a PRTD or a PR card.

Reactions: NeedInfoFromHere

CanadaDesi_2021

Jun 9, 2021
I recently received a request letter on my CIC portal asking for a letter to confirm if me and my spouse are currently in Canada. The letter literally mentioned to provide if we are currently in Canada in one liner like this:

(my name) - YES/NO
(My spouse’s name) - YES/NO
and nothing else. They gave us 7 days to Upload this info and we uploaded the letter right away. Now, in this forum I have mostly seen applicants either getting a call or an email from IRCC to confirm their status in Canada and receiving the CoPR shortly after but in my case it was an ADR.

Does anyone have any experience of receiving a similar ADR for confirming if they are in Canada? If So, how long did it take to receive the CoPR after this?

JagannathM

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2020
Med's Request
09-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
This is really long wait. I hope all of our files will be cleared soon. Is your Eligibiity cleared ?
No, it’s still showing they are reviewing eligibility criteria.

wen_rv

Apr 22, 2021
Does anyone know the approximate time frame from finalization of PR application to receiving the CORP?

I called up IRCC last week and the agent told me my application has been finalized early July, and then my medical exam has been extended due to expiration, and just waiting for the letter. Also he told me it might take few days or even weeks(!) from now. I appreciate if anyone can know the time frame at the end of process!

Raj90Raj

Nov 20, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2020
I recently received a request letter on my CIC portal asking for a letter to confirm if me and my spouse are currently in Canada. The letter literally mentioned to provide if we are currently in Canada in one liner like this:

(my name) - YES/NO
(My spouse’s name) - YES/NO
and nothing else. They gave us 7 days to Upload this info and we uploaded the letter right away. Now, in this forum I have mostly seen applicants either getting a call or an email from IRCC to confirm their status in Canada and receiving the CoPR shortly after but in my case it was an ADR.

Does anyone have any experience of receiving a similar ADR for confirming if they are in Canada? If So, how long did it take to receive the CoPR after this?
@CanadaDesi_2021 I also received the same request letter 2 weeks back to which I replied right away. After 2 days I called IRCC and found that my security was completed (it was the only thing pending in my profile). Probably on the fifth or sixth day IRCC asked remedical for my spouse (expired in March). Completed this on Friday and waiting.

Reactions: CanadaDesi_2021

petervu

Aug 3, 2021
Yesss, Finally I got My Permanent Resident after a long wait of almost 10 months.

VO: Ottawa
AOR: Sept 25, 2020

Medial : Nov 09, 2020
Eligibility: April 25, 2021
Security: April 25, 2021

Background check: July 21, 2021

I got a ghost update on the morning of July 21th, 2021
First Portal email from Virtual Landing Unit: July 22, 2021, reply the email within a few hours
Second Portal email: July 27 (I resent the reply on the first email again and I got the second email after 3 hours, at 3PM)

E-CoPR: July 29 at around 10 PM

+ I got requested for a Police Certificate on the third country where I lived for 3 years (but not living there for more than 6 months per visit) on April 22. I submitted on May 3rd.

Thank you everyone, I frustrated on waiting but now the wait is over, the result is awesome.
I always update on the forum so I want to write about my case so people who are waiting can feel more positive.
I hope everyone will get PR soon. Good luck everyone

Last edited:

CanadaDesi_2021

Jun 9, 2021
@CanadaDesi_2021 I also received the same request letter 2 weeks back to which I replied right away. After 2 days I called IRCC and found that my security was completed (it was the only thing pending in my profile). Probably on the fifth or sixth day IRCC asked remedical for my spouse (
@Raj90Raj Thanks for the info bro! That is a really great update on your case! I hope it gets finalized super soon!

Reactions: Raj90Raj

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Got our second GCMS notes and found that our Secoruity got stuck in the SS (Comprehensive) since 2021/5/5.
Praying for a quick turnaround in regards to Security!

Apart from that, everything is marked as Passed: Eligibility, Criminality, Information Sharing for both applicants.

Ramneek03

Oct 25, 2018
nothing to worry about that counterfoil required means that you are a national of a non visa exempt country .
I have also same AOR date . what the status of security and eligibility? Mine is security not yet started and eligibility recommended pass. I have one inland dependent in my application.
i have same, September 15, 2020 with no dependent. I am not able to understand where is my file stuck, its going to be almost a year now. Do you any dependent?