+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Sep 2020 **Join Here**

Daven1209

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Anyone waiting for PR card who got ECOP this May.
Yes, I sent my photos via Canada post in May, the parcel was delivered on 11 May but no updates on PR card.
I called IRCC, they told PR card processing is quite slow, so they can't commit any time frame.

ksudhakar

Feb 18, 2021
@legalfalcon,

I'm on closed work permit valid up to Nov 2021, last week applied for BOWP. now, I have a situation to travel India, planning to come
back to Canada before Nov 2021.

Any impact on BOWP approval ?
Do I need to be in Canada during BOWP approval time?.
can I travel and come back without any problem? please let me know any problems on this situation.

The following paragraph in BOWP application reference document giving me a concern to take decision on travel.

'Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number xxxxxxx as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until November 30 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.'

Last edited:

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
@legalfalcon,

I'm on closed work permit valid up to Nov 2021, last week applied for BOWP. now, I have a situation to travel India, planning to come
back to Canada before Nov 2021.

Any impact on BOWP approval ?
Do I need to be in Canada during BOWP approval time?.
can I travel and come back without any problem? please let me know any problems on this situation.

The following paragraph in BOWP application reference document giving me a concern to take decision on travel.

'Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number xxxxxxx as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until November 30 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.'
"
If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.'

Raul022

Nov 2, 2016
Hi everyone!

Here to share my journey/timeline that is driving a bit nuts :)

Applying within Canada
AOR: Sept 25, 2020
Medical passed: Nov 9, 2020
Biometrics: Nov 20, 2020
Documents sent for Police Certificate: Dec 2, 2020

When it comes to Police Certificate, in my case (because of my home country) I had to send photos and fingerprints to the embassy of Canada in my country, then they will take care of the rest by applying to government and so on. After not hearing anything for months I tried so hard to reach embassy. I got some answers I didn't like, so... they received my package on beginnings on January 2021, but they didn't sent it to government until April 28, 2021. For 4 months what was it doing sitting in embassy??? I have no idea but it delayed my entire application by 4 months already. Adding up the police certificate takes between 60-75 days according to embassy. So two more months goes by so I got in touch with embassy again, which they told me that immigration office received the police certificate on July 6th. And from there? Who knows no updates or answers still... I've been trying to get a hold to anyone in IRCC for their lines are always packed. My work permit is ending soon I plan to do the whole BOWP (I was not expecting this to linger that much even with covid within the spectrum) I don't know how long all of this will be dragged but I've seen other September applicants doing good! Hope mine shows up soon.

Raul022

Nov 2, 2016
I’m an applicant with Aor June 2020 no answer yet and still waiting for ever. Those updates on the official page are b**l sh** that been said the entire 2020 have complex applications while the 2021 people get their pr in a record time of 2 weeks.
I would really really want to know how is that possible that people has gotten it so fast :( and I agree, I've been trying like maniac to get a hold to IRCC Agents and fooling myself looking at those updates thinking that any time soon my answer will come. but now they are working on early January 2021 and each time frame is supposed to have 80% of application finalized. Things don't add up

Csanchez

May 6, 2020
Hi everyone!

Here to share my journey/timeline that is driving a bit nuts :)

Applying within Canada
AOR: Sept 25, 2020
Medical passed: Nov 9, 2020
Biometrics: Nov 20, 2020
Documents sent for Police Certificate: Dec 2, 2020

When it comes to Police Certificate, in my case (because of my home country) I had to send photos and fingerprints to the embassy of Canada in my country, then they will take care of the rest by applying to government and so on. After not hearing anything for months I tried so hard to reach embassy. I got some answers I didn't like, so... they received my package on beginnings on January 2021, but they didn't sent it to government until April 28, 2021. For 4 months what was it doing sitting in embassy??? I have no idea but it delayed my entire application by 4 months already. Adding up the police certificate takes between 60-75 days according to embassy. So two more months goes by so I got in touch with embassy again, which they told me that immigration office received the police certificate on July 6th. And from there? Who knows no updates or answers still... I've been trying to get a hold to anyone in IRCC for their lines are always packed. My work permit is ending soon I plan to do the whole BOWP (I was not expecting this to linger that much even with covid within the spectrum) I don't know how long all of this will be dragged but I've seen other September applicants doing good! Hope mine shows up soon.
I"m in the same boat as you are. Apply the exact same day and no answer. I think there are a lot of us in the same boat. My medicals are close to expiring. Hoping for the best to happen soon. ¡Buena Suerte!

ksudhakar

Feb 18, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

As part of TRV request based on work permit, today I received my passport with visitor stamping instead of worker, work permit I provided during TRV submission is about to expire in 15 Nov, 2021. Recently applied BOWP as well.

I thought of giving a call to IRCC but 1 hour back itself received my passport. So, I won't get connect with any agent.
[Visitor stamping validity - Start date:03 Aug, 2021, Expiry date: 07 April, 2031]

I’m bit worried on this visitor stamping with starts from Aug 2021, by any chance my present work permit become void ?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: qaimali

sunnybee

Sep 17, 2020
Finally got e-copr!

AOR: SEP21, 2020 (inland, no dependent)
VO: Ottawa --> Vancouver
E-copr: Aug 17th

I got portal email last Friday, after I uploaded my picture it just took one day to get approval :)
I gave up on it but finally everything is done! Hope everyone get good news :)

• Love
Reactions: shredder

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

As part of TRV request based on work permit, today I received my passport with visitor stamping instead of worker, work permit I provided during TRV submission is about to expire in 15 Nov, 2021. Recently applied BOWP as well.

I thought of giving a call to IRCC but 1 hour back itself received my passport. So, I won't get connect with any agent.
[Visitor stamping validity - Start date:03 Aug, 2021, Expiry date: 07 April, 2031]

I’m bit worried on this visitor stamping with starts from Aug 2021, by any chance my present work permit become void ?

Thanks in advance.
The permit will be valid for the period prescribed on it.

Raul022

Nov 2, 2016
I"m in the same boat as you are. Apply the exact same day and no answer. I think there are a lot of us in the same boat. My medicals are close to expiring. Hoping for the best to happen soon. ¡Buena Suerte!
Thank you, hope we hear from them pretty soon with good news :) Saludos!

Ramneek03

Oct 25, 2018
Finally got e-copr!

AOR: SEP21, 2020 (inland, no dependent)
VO: Ottawa --> Vancouver
E-copr: Aug 17th

I got portal email last Friday, after I uploaded my picture it just took one day to get approval :)
I gave up on it but finally everything is done! Hope everyone get good news :)
When did everything passed, and Did you call them recently?

Khatri18aug

Apr 30, 2021
Is anyone Aor 15-sep-2020 still waiting for copr or I am the only one left ? Called ircc today but status is same since feb, security not yet started and eligibility recommended pass. I am inland applicant with one inland dependent. Medical extended last month on July-21.

Ramneek03

Oct 25, 2018
Is anyone Aor 15-sep-2020 still waiting for copr or I am the only one left ? Called ircc today but status is same since feb, security not yet started and eligibility recommended pass. I am inland applicant with one inland dependent. Medical extended last month on July-21.
Hey, I have same timelines as yours and same status as yours. My medical is not updated, right now. did ircc say something else?

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
My bf is an outland applicant with AOR Sept 8 2020. He's in the same boat as many people - no updates for a loooooooooong time. I've written to the MP and his assistant is trying to run a check with IRCC. Previously I myself have been waiting for my renewed PR card and it's taken more than 4 months for them to get an AOR and just two days ago they've finally posted the new card. I believe it's on its way, and I hope everything literally is working... Fingers crossed.