AOR: 18 Nov 2020
med passed: 29 Dec 2020
None G/U, last update online : med passed
called today to get updates finally I was able to connect
Here are the updates rec on call:
Eligibility: Recommended Pass
Criminality : passed
security : Not Started.

any idea how long it could take more to get COPR?

Called them again today, i was hoping there’d be some progress but agent told me there is no new update. Eligibility still in progress and back ground is too being processed. Last time when i called 2 weeks before agent told me eligibility recommended pass but this time she just said its in progress.however I remembered asked about visa office this time and its in Ottawa.

dirgh02

Aug 23, 2016
I got an request for confirmation Portal on 7th May and replied to that very same day with my information but in the section of name I forgot to put my middle name I just sent them first and last name and I haven’t received credentials yet ! Will it cause any delay or some sort of problem ?
I already replied them today in that same email with correct info and lil explanation.
Can you please guide on this @legalfalcon

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hey everyone,
I have a question in mind.. that I have been reading people’s posts saying IRCC agents tell them that their eligibility passed, criminality and security passed. But when I called them twice, they said “everything is CLEAR”, “everything is DONE”. And when I asked again is it done or passed? The agent said “it’s done”. I believe they are very careful and cautious with the terminologies they are using to tell the applicants. On the other hand, people saying agents telling them everything PASSED.
What do you think? Is there any difference? Please share.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Hey everyone,
I have a question in mind.. that I have been reading people’s posts saying IRCC agents tell them that their eligibility passed, criminality and security passed. But when I called them twice, they said “everything is CLEAR”, “everything is DONE”. And when I asked again is it done or passed? The agent said “it’s done”. I believe they are very careful and cautious with the terminologies they are using to tell the applicants. On the other hand, people saying agents telling them everything PASSED.
What do you think? Is there any difference? Please share.
I think it really depends on who takes the call on the other end.
I would normally be very specific like- "Can you please tell me what's the current status of my eligibility?"
"I understand that it's 'done.' However, would you consider 'done' as 'recommended passed' or 'passed?'"
Without repeatedly questioning every doubt, you can't always get the exact answer you are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: GV27

GV27

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
I think it really depends on who takes the call on the other end.
I would normally be very specific like- "Can you please tell me what's the current status of my eligibility?"
"I understand that it's 'done.' However, would you consider 'done' as 'recommended passed' or 'passed?'
Without repeatedly questioning every doubt, you can't always get the exact answer you are looking for.
Thanks! Yes, it makes sense to me.
I was feeling the same thing.. clear and done.. either they fall in recommended pass or in pass category… but what exactly it is…
Thank you for responding.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I got an request for confirmation Portal on 7th May and replied to that very same day with my information but in the section of name I forgot to put my middle name I just sent them first and last name and I haven’t received credentials yet ! Will it cause any delay or some sort of problem ?
I already replied them today in that same email with correct info and lil explanation.
Can you please guide on this @legalfalcon
If all other details match, a missing middle name should not be an issue. However, you can send a webform too.

Also, after you send the details for the PR confirmation portal, it can take 1-3 weeks for them to revert back.

Meka290

Star Member
May 12, 2021
CEC Inland
CRS: 484
AOR: 9Nov 2020
MEP: 16 Dec 2020
first GU: 10 may, 2021
called cic : All stages passed waiting for final approval
pls how long does it take after all stages passed for your to get COPR? I just ordered for GCMS note
my VO office is ottawa

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
what is ghost update ?
Sometimes in the portal you’ll see that the application status changes to “Application/Profile Updated.”

However, when you check the status, there seems to be no change; and after coming back to the home page the status reverts back to “Submitted.”
This is normally when someone has worked on your file. It’s not necessary that eligibility/criminality/security attributes will be passed, even though these are believed to be the most common reasons. Sometimes it can be something very trivial.

This is colloquially known as “ghost update,” and it’s not an official term.

A pattern is observed in recent times that some people get multiple ghost updates while the application gets closer to approval.
Having said that, some people don’t get any ghost update ever.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
@legalfalcon I have been following up weekly with IRCC and security has not started still (though Eligibility and Criminality passed). Just wondering how long should I wait, are there any indicative timelines based on your experience?

Reactions: immicow

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I’ve been in Canada for almost 12 years now. AOR on 6 November, and my security hasn’t started yet. Hang in there, mate.
Just noticed your background info - 150+ trips to 30+ countries!! WOW, Amazing!! Its a real great achievement! Wish the pandemic ease up and let you explore more places!

Reactions: mapple007