Dec 17, 2020
CEC Inland
CRS: 490
AOR: 11 Nov 2020
MEP: 16 Dec 2020
BIL: 16 Dec 2020
Biometrics submitted: 17 Dec 2020
I called IRCC today for an update:
Eligibility: Not Started (but an "update in late December"?)
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started

Njaan

Nov 3, 2020
I called IRCC on Monday
AOR Nov 8
Eligibility: Not Started
GU : Feb begining

I wonder why CEC eligibility is not starting while for FSW, many candidates have completed eligibility for Nov AORs

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Did anybody get a VO assigned?
If yes, please share.

I'm wondering why my application went to Vancouver when I'm single-applicant CEC residing in Ottawa.

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Did anybody get a VO assigned?
If yes, please share.

I'm wondering why my application went to Vancouver when I'm single-applicant CEC residing in Ottawa.
I called them today and they said my VO is Ottawa. Not sure why yours went to Vancouver, but I think they process faster than Ottawa based on some comments I read. Might be a blessing for you!

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I called IRCC on Monday
AOR Nov 8
Eligibility: Not Started
GU : Feb begining

I wonder why CEC eligibility is not starting while for FSW, many candidates have completed eligibility for Nov AORs
Seen in some threads that Sep AORs have their eligibility started. Might be a while to reach the Nov CECs I guess.

Reactions: astar33

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
IRCC did one of the most generous things ever:
Issuing 27K ITA-s to CEC candidates with a low CRS of 75 only.

Question of concern:
Despite the fact that they are seemingly processing post-July applications on a decent timeline and having full capacity workforce for CEC, we must not forget that thousands of applications are in the backlog. Thousands of people are waiting for a decision.
Now that they are about to receive a historic number of complete applications apart from the huge amount of backlogs, doesn’t it raise a potential concern that the entire process might be extremely slow?

Or, does IRCC have a workforce that will be able to respect declared processing times for 80% of the applications?

What are all your thoughts on this?

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
IRCC did one of the most generous things ever:
Issuing 27K ITA-s to CEC candidates with a low CRS of 75 only.

Question of concern:
Despite the fact that they are seemingly processing post-July applications on a decent timeline and having full capacity workforce for CEC, we must not forget that thousands of applications are in the backlog. Thousands of people are waiting for a decision.
Now that they are about to receive a historic number of complete applications apart from the huge amount of backlogs, doesn’t it raise a potential concern that the entire process might be extremely slow?

Or, does IRCC have a workforce that will be able to respect declared processing times for 80% of the applications?

What are all your thoughts on this?
I'm thinking
1. They are prioritizing CEC applications now and seen in some threads that people from Feb, Mar, June and July 2020 are receiving a lot of COPRs. So looks like they are clearing the backlog
2. Since they did a full CEC historic draw, may be they won't do any more draws for a couple of months? Their usual draw numbers are ~5k in 2 weeks, so 27K is approx 3 months worth of draws
3. Or may be, based on the numbers they released recently, the PR issuance was historic low last year. SO they are trying to meet the targets this year?
I think all of us can speculate a lot of things, but really no way of knowing what's running on IRCC's head :D

Njaan

Nov 3, 2020
I am concerned how this will impact our processing times. 27K application will increase considerable workload to the VO.
Wondering if IRCC not starting eligibility for CEC candidates have anything to do with this draw. The Eligibility bar has been lowered quite significantly for CEC

sina_msi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hello all,
I have a question about CEC Express entry and OINP-employer job offer.
I have got my nomination from ONIP and submitted my paper based application to IRCC in November 2020.
Also, I have got an invitation letter from express entry. Can I apply for express entry and have two applications at the same time?
or is it illegal?

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I am concerned how this will impact our processing times. 27K application will increase considerable workload to the VO.
Wondering if IRCC not starting eligibility for CEC candidates have anything to do with this draw. The Eligibility bar has been lowered quite significantly for CEC
I don't think it'll affect our processing time, at least I hope so!
Hopefully they will start eligibility checks of Nov applications in few weeks. If I'm not wrong, I saw some threads where Sep CECs mentioned they heard their eligibility is in progress.

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
IMO, the massive CEC draw may positively affect processing time. The most time consuming part of application processing is eligibility, now anyone under CEC gets invitation, they could simply check if a candidate is eligible for CEC and pass the file. Number of years of experience, language etc? Doesn’t matter.

Technically, the officer SHOULD verify that you got the point you claimed, but what’s the point? EE is no longer a merit based system in 2021. Security and background check is more important than eligibility.

Reactions: astar33