CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Update on my application.
Address accepted by IRCC, photo still under review.
e-CoPR received 13 Sep 2021
Waiting for approval of photograph and dispatch of PR card.

Last edited:

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Hello everyone, Anyone CEC applicant with AOR in May 2021 and file processing in Montreal VO? It's been almost 4 months with no updates for me except Medical and Bio-metrics clearance. Thanks for your responses in advance.
Same here.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-application-timeline-montreal-local-office.732686/

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi friends , Any idea what will be timeline for documents submitted April 30, 2021?
Medical , Bio metrics completed .
No documents needed
After that background check status from May to till Sep 2021 - 4 Months no update

Any Comments team ?
I would suggest order a copy of your GCMS notes from IRCC right away. Costs like $5 and can be done online. Next, try calling them but not sure if you will get through, although many in this forum have been able to speak with a representative. All the best

Sep 23, 2020
Hello everyone, Anyone CEC applicant with AOR in May 2021 and file processing in Montreal VO? It's been almost 4 months with no updates for me except Medical and Bio-metrics clearance. Thanks for your responses in advance.
May i know your background verification status? Is it started or does it say it is not started.

Sep 23, 2020
Hi friends , Any idea what will be timeline for documents submitted April 30, 2021?
Medical , Bio metrics completed .
No documents needed
After that background check status from May to till Sep 2021 - 4 Months no update

Any Comments team ?
May i know your background verification status? Is it started or does it say it is not started.

niravtech007@

Jul 31, 2019
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2021
AOR Received.
08-05-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Hello forum members,
I got 2 ghost updates till now one today wherein profile says updates but no status actually changed. The login was bit weird though as both times I was able to actually login after multiple attempts. Has anyone faced similar situation and are those updates actually happened behind the scenes? Also if those were actual updates, how much more time can I expect to receive before portal email as i read that mostly there are 2 but can stretch. Btw background and eligibility status never changed since AOR.

Last edited:

AnkushVerma

Sep 16, 2021
Hello Members
I got my first Ghost Update Last week. Application/Profile Updated but nothing changed when I opened it
My AOR is May 11, 2021
Biometrics was done on June 03, 2021

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
June 1, 2021, You passed the medical exam
We do not need additional documents.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Does anyone know what stage my application is at

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello Members
I got my first Ghost Update Last week. Application/Profile Updated but nothing changed when I opened it
My AOR is May 11, 2021

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Cant say what stage your application is at, but hopefully if all goes well you should receive your portal details soon. All the best

Reactions: niravtech007@

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello forum members,
I got 2 ghost updates till now one today wherein profile says updates but no status actually changed. The login was bit weird though as both times I was able to actually login after multiple attempts. Has anyone faced similar situation and are those updates actually happened behind the scenes? Also if those were actual updates, how much more time can I expect to receive before portal email as i read that mostly there are 2 but can stretch. Btw background and eligibility status never changed since AOR.
Hi. From my experience, there was one ghost update about a month after medicals, on my profile but no changes. Eligibility and background for my application was updated after e-COPR, so not to worry about that.

Reactions: niravtech007@

Sancan4

Aug 27, 2021
Hi, this eve I noticed the current status of my profile has changed from submitted to profile updated.
when I clicked and checked no changes has been made
And the status again changed to submitted
Is this a ghost update?
Need your help

Sam_12

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hi, this eve I noticed the current status of my profile has changed from submitted to profile updated.
when I clicked and checked no changes has been made
And the status again changed to submitted
Is this a ghost update?
Need your help
It's a ghost update :)

Reactions: Sancan4

niravtech007@

Jul 31, 2019
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2021
AOR Received.
08-05-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Hello Members
My AOR is May 11, 2021

I had similar status like you but got portal email only 1 day after my 2nd ghost update recently. Just be peaceful. It was hard but I was mentally prepared waiting for 7 months timeline as per their processing times but luckily got portal email in around 4.5 months after AOR.
All the best.

niravtech007@

Jul 31, 2019
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2021
AOR Received.
08-05-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Hi members @legalfalcon @caipsnotes,

I have a doubt about portal credentials and login.

I replied to first portal email with mine and my spouse's details and selected option A to have only one portal for both of us but we still got 2 separate emails with individual login details. Is it good to login and upload docs separately and still able to receive eCopr(in cic account) and pr card without any issues?

We both are inland CEC applicants with me as primary applicant. Also my spouse didn't respond to her first email as I have already replied woth both of our details through just my one email.

Any insights would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
My timeline
Aor - may12,2021
Bio and medical passed - June 23,2021
And it was showing -your background check is in process
After that this month last week i got one ghost update but no status change. Still the same background check is in process. I’m inland with spouse. So many of my friends got their ecopr and they applied in june. I’m tensed about my application. I have also applied for the gcms notes since august 5 but haven’t got it yet.

niravtech007@

Jul 31, 2019
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2021
AOR Received.
08-05-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Dear all forum members, Thanks for helping out to provide insights to queries.

Happy to announce that me and my better half got eCopr today from Etobicoke office. Refer to my signature for complete details. I would be happy and try my best to help anyone facing issues. Feel free to message me directly for responding better.
Awaiting PR card and hoping to get soon seeing the speed at which copr was issued.

All the best and hope a good result awaits for those waiting for their application to be approved.

Reactions: mangogo