+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

SNH357

Sep 7, 2021
Hello everyone, Anyone CEC applicant with AOR in May 2021 and file processing in Montreal VO? It's been almost 4 months with no updates for me except Medical and Bio-metrics clearance. Thanks for your responses in advance.
Hi, My AOR is May 12 2021 Montreal VO.
-Medical Exam passed on May 31.
-I still have a valid biometrics when I applied for work permit on 2019
-Called IRCC on August 6 agent said:
Criminality passed
Info Sharing not started
Eligibility not started
Security not started

still waiting for update, Almost 4 months since date of AOR.

Last edited:
Reactions: rituppaatteell

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
ITA: March 18
AOR: May 25
Medical passed: June 17th
Possible GU : Sept 7th (i say possible because i think i saw “updated” on my file that day when i checked, and there was no updated when i clicked, but i did not receive any emails)
1st Portal email and replied same day: Sept 8th
Portal credential/Submitted photo and address same day : Sept 9th (also received a reminder for the 1st email that day, just replied that i already submitted everything)
e-COPR: today, Sept 10th
PR Card: Waiting

My GCKey file was updated today too, it says Approved now, and that I passed the background check on Sept 7th (i guess that was the GU). They say eligibility and final decision passed on Sept 10th, which makes no sense since I got the portal email before that, but whatever lol.

My e-COPR expiry date is April 17, 2022 which i thought was odd until I realized it was the same date my medical expires. Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation. I’ll also ask if anyone know, I applied for BOWP, no update, will they cancel it and more importantly, will i get a refund?

For VO, I’m not sure. The 1st portal email came from Virtual Landing Unit and the pdf was not signed. My e-COPR is signed (only the “Client Copy”) by an officer with name and date only.
Congratulations for your e-COPR. One thing if you could help me with would be some information about the photograph that goes in the portal, since you have done that successfully and very recently.
is it necessary to include details like your name and date of birth along with details of the photo studio at the back of the photograph? I know this was necessary when photographs had to be mailed into IRCC offices for PPR. To do the same on the portal we would have to upload two separate jpegs, one showing the applicant and the other showing the details stamped or handwritten at the back of the photo.
I guess the reason I am asking is because I assumed we can only upload a single jpeg into the portal.

Sara Allorn

Mar 19, 2021
Congratulations for your e-COPR. One thing if you could help me with would be some information about the photograph that goes in the portal, since you have done that successfully and very recently.
is it necessary to include details like your name and date of birth along with details of the photo studio at the back of the photograph? I know this was necessary when photographs had to be mailed into IRCC offices for PPR. To do the same on the portal we would have to upload two separate jpegs, one showing the applicant and the other showing the details stamped or handwritten at the back of the photo.
I guess the reason I am asking is because I assumed we can only upload a single jpeg into the portal.
No you don't need to. Just the picture. I assume people had to do that because they were sending it in the mail, but since it's online, it's not necessary.

Reactions: niravtech007@

hellokab

Feb 19, 2021
Criminality passed
Info Sharing not started
Eligibility not started
Security not started

Criminality passed
Info Sharing not started
Eligibility not started
Security not started

My timeline is almost same as yours. Please share if you receive any further updates from IRCC

Inland applicant with 3 dependents. India and US work experience. VO Montreal

AOR - May 10
Medical passed - May 28, No biometrics as I gave one for my work permit approval in 2019
Called IRCC once. Criminality passed, rest not started...tried calling post that, no luck

Saleem@bhatton

Jun 16, 2017
Criminality passed
Info Sharing not started
Eligibility not started
Security not started

I have may 10 aor same situation called them around 10 aug criminality passed and not has started yet. My outland dependent’s biometrics updated on aug 9. Medical passed on 31 may.

dsriv05

Jan 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
One question frds, I am not sure what type of photo I can use for new PR Portal ? Somewhere it is mention 50X70 but that is for physical copy of PR application ? what about online portal ? Somewhere it for Pixel dimension. Can I use my express entry digital photo in pr portal ?

miguelca

May 6, 2021
One question frds, I am not sure what type of photo I can use for new PR Portal ? Somewhere it is mention 50X70 but that is for physical copy of PR application ? what about online portal ? Somewhere it for Pixel dimension. Can I use my express entry digital photo in pr portal ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

just ignore the section that says about the back of the photo. It is no needed for the PR Portal

Sep 23, 2020
Profile submitted: August 4, 2020
ITA: FEB 13th 2021.
AOR: May 5th 2021.
Medical passed results: June 3rd 2021.
Background verification: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Not sure why background verification is not being started.

Is there any way I can do something on my file to get the background verification started?
I called the IRCC agent, she just read the status that I see on my profile and ended the call.
Any inputs will be appreciated.

MagiPhilp

Dec 21, 2018
Hi friends , Any idea what will be timeline for documents submitted April 30, 2021?
Medical , Bio metrics completed .
No documents needed
After that background check status from May to till Sep 2021 - 4 Months no update

Any Comments team ?

Shan13

Jun 11, 2021
AOR May 19
MEP/BIL July 27
Biometrics given Aug 3
ADR August 18
Document sent on August 24
Portal email September 10
Login credentials September 10
Submitted photos and confirm address September 11
Ecopr September 13