+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi all hope you are all good! Can I know if I can call CIC out of regular work hours cuz it's not very OK for me to hold on half an hour for CIC at work on weekdays. This is ridiculously long time for them to process an application with fairly simple and clear files and records.
Yeah what Haitham said you can try that easiest way i do is when the female voice starts reading about options i press 3 and then 2 amd 1 and then 0 if there arent many she will place you in queue otherwise you got to try back to back for 4 to 6times which helps you to get into place...once yoy got into place it will ask to enter your number if you want them to call you and if you are in canada by pressing 1 which is much easier instead of waiting in queue...All of this try to do from wednesday to friday anyday either from 8am or after 10am....If you chose for call back from them make sure u unselect the blocking of unknown calls in your call settings...it happened to me once and then later i realized why i aint getting call back from them...

Sidd_Sanghvi

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hi all hope you are all good! Can I know if I can call CIC out of regular work hours cuz it's not very OK for me to hold on half an hour for CIC at work on weekdays. This is ridiculously long time for them to process an application with fairly simple and clear files and records.
I start my call at 7:55 AM listen to all the ranting while selecting the correct options (1,1,2,2) & as soon as they say to speak to an agent press 0, do it at 8:00 AM (until then just keep listening to the automated messages)
You’ll get connected in 2 mins.
I have called multiple times & every time i am done by 8:05.

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Just got a GU , but nothing new! It looks like it had to do with email response to MP, which I received it today. The Case Processing Center in Ottawa (CPCO) is processing my application. Last update was on September 1, 2020 - Eligibility passed, but criminality is in progress! AOR: May 22, 2020
Does anyone know how long it will take for criminality to pass? How efficient is Ottawa office?

Sidd_Sanghvi

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Category........
CEC
Just got a GU , but nothing new! It looks like it had to do with email response to MP, which I received it today. The Case Processing Center in Ottawa (CPCO) is processing my application. Last update was on September 1, 2020 - Eligibility passed, but criminality is in progress! AOR: May 22, 2020
Does anyone know how long it will take for criminality to pass? How efficient is Ottawa office?
When they reply to MP, that generates a GU?
I also saw GU on Friday & also waiting for my MP to reply me back (haven’t heard anything though)
Now i am not sure what did that GU meant.

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
When they reply to MP, that generates a GU?
I also saw GU on Friday & also waiting for my MP to reply me back (haven’t heard anything though)
Now i am not sure what did that GU meant.
My MP contacted IRCC on March 10, 2021 , received the reply today Sunday (March 14)

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Sadly most of the May applicants all are waiting for our criminality in progress since October. Criminality check is done through 3rd party as per the call center agents. I guess the officer processing our application is extremely slow to review our report and process it. I have my friends applied in August got COPR..... It is really frustrating......

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Can anyone explain what are the exact steps involved in “criminality “?
Sounds like everything they need to do is run your name and biometrics in some databases. How is possible that takes so long?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Sounds like everything they need to do is run your name and biometrics in some databases. How is possible that takes so long?
Absolutely nothing takes long. Some people are getting eligibility and criminality passed same day like me. They just run thru their database. It’s mentioned exactly like that on my GCMS. I’m waiting on security to start for 5 months now

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
[/QUOTE]
I think it has to do with your travel history...for example if you lived and worked in the USA, they’re looking how long did you stay there and with what program (visa), etc.

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Absolutely nothing takes long. Some people are getting eligibility and criminality passed same day like me. They just run thru their database. It’s mentioned exactly like that on my GCMS. I’m waiting on security to start for 5 months now
I think the security has to do with biometrics ?

alb4n

Star Member
May 31, 2020
N

No. It’s biometrics and RCMP that is used for criminality. Security deals with border issues cos CBSA is involved
I’m CEC inland. I didn’t have to provide anything from RCMP. I provided police certificate from my country of birth when I submitted my EE application. I did my biometrics on October 29, 2020. As per IRCC call agent & MP email, my security is valid (passed).

Newbieee88

Feb 8, 2021
Hey guys one quick question. The final decision is taken after the background check is cleared (security, criminality and eligibility) right? So my question is i have cleared all the criteria still not getting any updates now i dont know what is happening.