JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
I noticed a ghost update in my CIC account last week (close to 10 AM last Wed). Called IRCC today and agent said looks like your file was opened but no notes were entered and assessment are still same C- In Progress, and S - Not started. I got my GCMS last week as well (date generated - 22 Jan) and nothing changed from September except for the biometrics that were given in Oct last year. GCMS from Nov 2020 and the one I got last week are exactly same. Not sure what's going on with our pending files. There are no concerns shown in GCMS which just points out to major backlog at IRCC's end. I hope they start processing our files again as its been too long. Only thing that we can do is hope and try to stay optimistic. Crazy delays!

Feb 23, 2021
I noticed a ghost update in my CIC account last week (close to 10 AM last Wed). Called IRCC today and agent said looks like your file was opened but no notes were entered and assessment are still same C- In Progress, and S - Not started. I got my GCMS last week as well (date generated - 22 Jan) and nothing changed from September except for the biometrics that were given in Oct last year. GCMS from Nov 2020 and the one I got last week are exactly same. Not sure what's going on with our pending files. There are no concerns shown in GCMS which just points out to major backlog at IRCC's end. I hope they start processing our files again as its been too long. Only thing that we can do is hope and try to stay optimistic. Crazy delays!
Since last few months not much processing happened. You should wait and order notes in 1-2 months.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi, can you please let me the phone number of ircc?
I called below number yesterday and it got answered in 5 min and she said, we are general enquiry agent and don't have access to your PR application.
+1-800-622-6232

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Hi, can you please let me the phone number of ircc?
I called below number yesterday and it got answered in 5 min and she said, we are general enquiry agent and don't have access to your PR application.
+1-800-622-6232
+1888-242-2100 is for IRCC. The number which you dialed is for general government of Canada services called 1 800 O-Canada number.

Reactions: tinu28111987

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Hey, I'm exactly in same boat. At least it's good thing that your file was opened! I got my GCMS generated by 25 Jan, C and S were same status with you.
I think we're same assinged number as well, it was DM10032. And due date was 2020/10/12 (I don't know what does it mean)
I'm so painful but I don't want to lose my hope.. Please update your status if there's something going on. Good luck!

Reactions: JaxT

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Hey, I'm exactly in same boat. At least it's good thing that your file was opened! I got my GCMS generated by 25 Jan, C and S were same status with you.
I think we're same assinged number as well, it was DM10032. And due date was 2020/10/12 (I don't know what does it mean)
I'm so painful but I don't want to lose my hope.. Please update your status if there's something going on. Good luck!
Yeah sure, my app due date created by DM officer was 2020/10/19, which is the date month after DM10032 assigned the file to himself/herself. This date means nothing other than a reminder for officer to check the application but in this backlog things are moving at their own pace. Let's hope we get the good news soon. I know there are many May and June AORs waiting on this officer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloy812

kn604

Oct 12, 2020
I have the same officer too DM10032

Reactions: Cloy812 and JaxT

MedinJune

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Just saw a ghost update but nothing's updated in the profile.
I sent mail through webform last month around 15th and i finally got a reply yesterday

Medical expired: 21st Dec but in the reply they said "medical results on file are still valid"
Security: Blank (On GCMS). In the reply: "Verification is Currently Valid"
Criminality: Still in process

Not sure what the ghost update means!!
AOR May 06

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Just saw a ghost update but nothing's updated in the profile.
I sent mail through webform last month around 15th and i finally got a reply yesterday

Medical expired: 21st Dec but in the reply they said "medical results on file are still valid"
Security: Blank (On GCMS). In the reply: "Verification is Currently Valid"
Criminality: Still in process

Not sure what the ghost update means!!
AOR May 06
So Security valid means passed, you are only left with Criminality and most likely this ghost update means that passed as well. If so, then now you are either approved or waiting final approval with all stages passed. Things are moving and hopefully you'll get the good news soon. Best of luck.

Reactions: MedinJune

MedinJune

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
So Security valid means passed, you are only left with Criminality and most likely this ghost update means that passed as well. If so, then now you are either approved or waiting final approval with all stages passed. Things are moving and hopefully you'll get the good news soon. Best of luck.
Yeah I hope so, Thanks.
I will call ircc tomorrow morning for an update.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Yeah sure, my app due date created by DM officer was 2020/10/19, which is the date month after DM10032 assigned the file to himself/herself. This date means nothing other than a reminder for officer to check the application but in this backlog things are moving at their own pace. Let's hope we get the good news soon. I know there are many May and June AORs waiting on this officer.
I just saw ghost update today but I don't know when it was changed because I haven't logged in my account for 2weeks. However, it was my first time for GU, let's see what's going on here.

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
I just saw ghost update today but I don't know when it was changed because I haven't logged in my account for 2weeks. However, it was my first time for GU, let's see what's going on here.
I really pray that this is the time for our files. Best of luck and keeping my fingers crossed for us all waiting. Hopefully we'll get out of this endless wait. Getting good vibes after so long haha..

Reactions: ForUs2020