+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Mar. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Side effects of the great job security - they basically can never get fired regardless of poor performance. Far from the private sector...
bureaucratic process never lets nation develop, sooner te govt realize the better or else they will just be like this.
how they can let such important task in hand of some idiots

Bansal.vj3

Dec 7, 2020
Hi guys! I have been waiting for 8 months to announce this: COPR on Dec 02, 2020. Thank you for all the ups and downs during my journey. Here is the timeline:

CEC Inland
CPC: Ottawa
AOR: March 28
MP: May 27
Biometric updated to completed (exempted): Oct 9
Biometric fee refunded: Nov 5
Final approval and COPR in the CIC portal: Dec 2

Let me know if you need anything. I am still around to help. Good luck to all of us! Thank you once again!
My case is exactly same like yours , i applied on 2nd march 2020 but only difference i did not hear anything for COPR even after my file has been approved since 8th October and still on open status and on 2nd nov. Officer did sit on my application but just to issue refund of biometrics fee.
I dont know what taking them so long to aak for virtual landing.
And congratulations for yours

Boye20

Dec 1, 2020
My case is exactly same like yours , i applied on 2nd march 2020 but only difference i did not hear anything for COPR even after my file has been approved since 8th October and still on open status and on 2nd nov. Officer did sit on my application but just to issue refund of biometrics fee.
I dont know what taking them so long to aak for virtual landing.
And congratulations for yours

Same here. March 4 2020, agents said my application has been approved since October 18 and file transfered to local office for virtual landing . Till now , no update.

Boye20

Dec 1, 2020
Same here. March 4 2020, agents said my application has been approved since October 18 and file transfered to local office for virtual landing . Till now , no update.

Bansal.vj3

Dec 7, 2020
Oh that means they were lieing to me because on 16th November they told me that we have transferred your application to your local etibicoke office to contact you for virtual landing and regards to that they asked my email id to be contacted and when I didn’t hear anything from them then i called on 27 November and they said your file had never been sent for virtual landing because its still in ottawa.
Because i finally got a hope that i will get email for landing and next week they said we never mentioned it because we cant see such detail here

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I'm also struggling to understand why the biometrics collection was suspended back in March when Canada had well under 1,000 new cases per day but reopened 8 months later when we're hitting 6,000 cases per day. Assuming it took 8 months to organize some hand sanitizer...
Hey now, don't forget that plexiglass they had to attach to their booths and the stickers they put on the ground so people would know where to stand...

• Haha
Reactions: sukhbirring

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I'm also struggling to understand why the biometrics collection was suspended back in March when Canada had well under 1,000 new cases per day but reopened 8 months later when we're hitting 6,000 cases per day. Assuming it took 8 months to organize some hand sanitizer...

Yes it takes that much of time if they would have followed some of these steps:

First they would have thought what needs to be done and options would have been explored
Secondly some committee would have been formed to give recommendations
Third step- Contacted some suppliers for samples
Fourth step- Tried those samples and few suppliers would have made to last stage to be selected
Fifth step-Background checks for the supplier
Sixth Step- Approved the budget to purchase
Seventh step- raised orders
Eighth step- Receipt of orders which would have been delayed due to pandemic
Ninth step - placed them in warehouse for 2 weeks
Tenth step- Trained people how to use it
Eleventh- After few weeks everyone would have been convinced that we can resume

Please note these are for understanding only and actual circumstances could have varied which could have delayed the process time further.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
any new COPRs for march guys in OTTAWA?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
any new COPRs for march guys in OTTAWA?
I recently had call with client support and they mentioned that due to current surge Ottawa office is working at very reduced capacity and there have been applicants from Dec 2019 and Jan 2020 even for whom eligibility checks are not initiated yet. She confirmed we cannot confirm when this will be back to normal , so most likely the plan will be resolve as soon as possible but so far no news. This will be further delayed when the offices wont be working due to winter breaks. So for all friends stuck in ottawa not a great news.

The lady felt bad and was apologising for all what is happening. First time I really felt someone understood pain of the applicants because so far I have only talked to ill mannered staff who have no concerns about you. Etiquettes is something no organization can teach you its more to do with the upbringing.

• Wow
Reactions: sukhbirring

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I recently had call with client support and they mentioned that due to current surge Ottawa office is working at very reduced capacity and there have been applicants from Dec 2019 and Jan 2020 even for whom eligibility checks are not initiated yet. She confirmed we cannot confirm when this will be back to normal , so most likely the plan will be resolve as soon as possible but so far no news.

This will be further delayed when the offices wont be working due to winter breaks. So for all friends stuck in ottawa not a great news.

First time I really felt someone understood pain of the applicants because so far I have only talked to ill mannered staff who have no concerns about you. Etiquettes is something no organization can teach you its more to do with the upbringing.
thats bad :( i have everything cleared only waiting for final decision from 2 months now...

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi guys, it looks like they have forgotten about us. My case is bad. I have received a refusal on March 11th on my previous CEC application because of a bad letter from my work. I fired my consultant, who made this happen and took everything in my hands. I received new ITA on March 23 and re-applied on March 27, right at the beginning of covid. AOR March 27, BIL May 27, upfront medicals were passed. June 4 - they asked to pay RPRF. My wife and daughter are outland. My wife should be expempt from biometrics, as she gave it before. Instead of that on September 22nd I received a message from them that she must give it and my status changed to "Your action is required". Ok, she gave biometrics on Nov 17 (first opening day in Moscow). Called them on Nov 18, they said just to wait and no more action from me was required. Then I gave biometrics on Nov 30 (first day when all of us received a chance to give it here without waiting for a call). Biometrics changed to "Passed" and nothing else changed. My "action" is still required, but there is nothing I can do. On Nov 20th I ordered GCMS notes and did not hear from them so far. The situation looks like a farce. The only good news is that they extended my WP, but it took about 5 months to do this. I am away from my wife and daughter for more than 2 years now and this scenario was never planned by us.
In pre-covid times the processing times for secondary applications after refusal were about 2-3 months
I wish everybody here good luck! This is not fair when they make decisions on summer applicants. There are still many people from February, March, April. I hope we will overcome this. I will be waiting for my GCMS notes.