+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** CEC Applicants - Aug 2021 - timeline & updates **

iamdollydot

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
It's very unpredictable these days. Many people have waited for more that 6 mons without any progress. They seem to just randomly pick up applications. It's a broken system...
This is so sad :(
I mean on the brighter side, good thing we have an AOR right away than people in TR to PR stream who have no idea at all. :(

I wish we could help them make it faster, the only thing I/we could do is make our application pretty straight forward so it will be convenient for them to check. But it seems its their computer system is the problem. I saw on the other forum for Sept 2021 AOR that got a fast approval..

FROM THE OTHER FORUM
family of four with outland spouse
AOR- 8 September
Medical approval- 13 October
Biometric given- 4 November
COPR- 24 November
I haven’t received any other email during the whole processing time.

penn302

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
I mean on the brighter side, good thing we have an AOR right away than people in TR to PR stream who have no idea at all. :(

I wish we could help them make it faster, the only thing I/we could do is make our application pretty straight forward so it will be convenient for them to check. But it seems its their computer system is the problem. I saw on the other forum for Sept 2021 AOR that got a fast approval..

FROM THE OTHER FORUM
AOR- 8 September
COPR- 24 November
Nothing we can do except you can order GCMS notes to see what has been done. Yeah it's a funny system...

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Got ghost update half an hour back. :D

Background check changed from "In Progress" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

2nd medical pass still pending.
Congratulations
When your bg change into progrees first?

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018

FROM THE OTHER FORUM
AOR- 8 September
COPR- 24 November
Same thing happened with me
They ask me for my family info
I am single
I send them
After that no update on my file from last 2.5 months

Kiddro

Oct 23, 2021
did you provide letter of employment before ? you have anything appointment letter , pay stub vochers to proof and write explanation which letter you cant provide is you have experience from different companies.?
I provided all work contracts that I had, admittedly not all were in English, but the last 2 (about last 8 years) were in English. Since all for a major international company, I did not think this would be a problem.

Are you claiming points for them?
I did enter them in the Express Entry application, so I assume they are being used for points.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I provided all work contracts that I had, admittedly not all were in English, but the last 2 (about last 8 years) were in English. Since all for a major international company, I did not think this would be a problem.

I did enter them in the Express Entry application, so I assume they are being used for points.
Umm... Letter of reference from employer is somewhat of a different presentation than work contract. It needs to include all the similar infomation. Your duties, your weekly work hours, your salary etc. I do not know what is there in your work contracts and especially if they were not in english. Did you provide english translation from certified translators?

If you entered them all in the express entry application as work experience then they are your work experience for EE application. They will be evaluated.

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Medical is expected in November, according to your signature? I'm curious since I'm considering doing the same.
This is per my expectation and other member posts in this forum (their timelines) and another way of staying positive :D

Last edited:
Reactions: NA2000

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

finessse27

Nov 25, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding changing employments. My file is still under processing and I change employers in December. Do I have to submit a webform to notify IRCC of this change? What kind of documents will they expect from the new employer to confirm this?

Also, I'm not certain (as we are all) about when I get my portal and COPR. Let's say I get my eCOPR before I join the new job, do I still need to do anything while I'm waiting for my PR card?

Here is my timeline:
Inland CEC, single applicant no dependents

CRS: 474
ITA: Aug 19 2021
AOR: Aug 19 2021
MEP: Sep 24 2021 (New Medical done in June 2021)
BIL: Sep 24 2021
Biometrics Submitted & Updated: Sep 27 2021
GU 1: Sep 29 2021 (UCI Updated to my actual UCI)

No updates since then. Ordered GCMS notes on Oct 29, still waiting.

Side note: My file and timeline is really similar to https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/cec-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/cases/case-103503 who got PPR on Nov 23. That is why I think I have a strong chance of getting some updates over this weekend. Thus, I'm confused if I should even let IRCC know of employment change after COPR.