Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Suggestion please …..
Aor 7 april
R10 passed June
Medical 26 april
Bowp 17 june
Long silence

now got adr request for marriage certificate… I don’t have one attached passport copy with my husband name on that and a affidavit now they r asking for marriage certificate

please advice should got back to my country to get one or else there is some way to solve this problem

threwaway

Jun 17, 2021
Received PR portal email at 2PM EST today. Replied to it within 5 minutes, have not received credentials yet.
AOR - 25 April
VO - Etobicoke
Email from Etobicoke

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Suggestion please …..
Aor 7 april
R10 passed June
Medical 26 april
Bowp 17 june
Long silence

now got adr request for marriage certificate… I don’t have one attached passport copy with my husband name on that and a affidavit now they r asking for marriage certificate

please advice should got back to my country to get one or else there is some way to solve this problem
Just letting you know that my first e-APR was “cancelled as incomplete” due to a lacking marriage certificate, even though I had provided my family registration certificate showing clearly that me and my spouse were married. I would strongly suggest to ask some family or friend back home to apply for your marriage certificate on your behalf and then send you an electronic copy of it before posting you the physical document. IRCC is very strict regarding this. You were lucky you got through R10 (completeness check) without this certificate. Hope this helps. GoodLuck!

Ukea

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Just letting you know that my first e-APR was “cancelled as incomplete” due to a lacking marriage certificate, even though I had provided my family registration certificate showing clearly that me and my spouse were married. I would strongly suggest to ask some family or friend back home to apply for your marriage certificate on your behalf and then send you an electronic copy of it before posting you the physical document. IRCC is very strict regarding this. You were lucky you got through R10 (completeness check) without this certificate. Hope this helps. GoodLuck!
Thanks I tried but now for marriage certificate u should be present in that country

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
And after how many months did ur first file came out as incomplete
My file was “cancelled as incomplete” after approx. 30 days, probably at R10 stage (Completeness Check). I had to go through the pool and wait for an other ITA to apply for my PR. Now waiting since Oct 4 for a decision. See full timeline in my signature (If you’re on phone, switch to landscape to it).

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks I tried but now for marriage certificate u should be present in that country
That’s pity. I am not sure then how you can workaround this situation. Have you tried calling IRCC? Maybe ask them if there can be any alternate document to fulfill this requirement. I was in this situation with Québec government and providing a sworn statement signed by the Commissioner of Oaths worked for me, but it was a different situation and completely irrelevant to immigration processes. In the letter after cancellation, IRCC explicitly cited that they don’t accept any other document than the marriage certificate.