+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******CEC AOR APRIL 2021*******

beweda

Sep 22, 2021
Hi all!
I've been following this thread for a few months; only now just made an account. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions(?)...some of which might sound extremely silly, but I just want to be sure on a few things.

1. When Ghost Updates are referred to, does that mean you get an email about a profile update but nothing major has changed? Or is it a change on your profile without an email?

2. I received my AOR 5 months ago today (22nd April). Would it be suitable to request GCMC notes at this point, or is it too early?

3. Despite being in the "Background check" stage; my profile reads "Last update: May 13th" -- is this normal? Should I be concerned at the length of time since the last update?...I read on this thread that this is common?

4. Finally, is there anything I should be checking other than just logging into my profile? I.e. Other sites for time updates/other forums etc.

Thank you so much! (And sorry for the long post!!)

neo2020

Sep 22, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-04-2021
Med's Done....
13-05-2021
AOR: 26th April,2021.

Medical and Biometric completed : 13th May,2021.

Now waiting for COPR portal.....

This is spoiling life of people who risked and came here to build their own careers.

Sometimes I feel depressed why are they forecasting 400K numbers on yearly basis if they dont have capacity to process.

Reactions: mangogo and FayRe

beweda

Sep 22, 2021
AOR: 26th April,2021.

Medical and Biometric completed : 13th May,2021.

Now waiting for COPR portal.....

This is spoiling life of people who risked and came here to build their own careers.

Sometimes I feel depressed why are they forecasting 400K numbers on yearly basis if they dont have capacity to process.
I'm in the same boat! However, the processing time did state 6 months when I applied. So we have one more month until we should start to look into things more seriously :)

Reactions: neo2020

neo2020

Sep 22, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-04-2021
Med's Done....
13-05-2021
I'm in the same boat! However, the processing time did state 6 months when I applied. So we have one more month until we should start to look into things more seriously :)
Lets hope brother

CrystalinCanada

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
I got a GU update on Friday evening, but there is no change in the application. I recently submitted webform for address change ? is this reason for GU ?

My AOR: 14- April.
My VO: vancouver
Medical : isinprogress
Criminality: Passed
Infosharing: Complete
Security: 1st Part is complete. 2nd Part is inprogress.

Can someone help me to understand this update
finally heard something about Vancouver VO, this is a good sign, at least they are working on your application now, so hold on tight my friend, we are at the same page here

CrystalinCanada

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
Hi I applied from Vancouver,

Does this mean this will be my VO ? I do not have GCMC notes.

AOR : 27 April 2021
No my friend, you have to call them to ask your VO or apply for GCMS notes, I doubt these days if they will answer your questions as they are dealing with the Afghanistan refugee issue, or you can also raise a webform to ask, that will only take five business days to get a reply.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, hi I have another question, what if I m travelling in my home country and the portal email arrived? What should I do then?
You have 2 options:

1. Inform IRCC that you are not in Canada and ask them to send you a PPR, which will take time and depends on how long you will be outside Canada.

2. Revert back when you are back in Canada.

DShine

Feb 9, 2020
I got a GU update on Friday evening, but there is no change in the application. I recently submitted webform for address change ? is this reason for GU ?

My AOR: 14- April.
My VO: vancouver
Medical : isinprogress
Criminality: Passed
Infosharing: Complete
Security: 1st Part is complete. 2nd Part is inprogress.

Can someone help me to understand this update
I got another ghost update today.

sufi_sufi_sufi

Sep 14, 2021
Hi Everyone,

As I do not have GCMC notes so I wanted to share what it shows on my profile, Just to compare with others. Can someone let me know if things are moving ?

AOR : 27 April 2021

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • May 19, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.