+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******CEC AOR APRIL 2021*******

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Yeah. As of today, ircc no longer taking calls. Only for emergency purposes. If you call ircc for application status they hang up on you. When you call now they have an automated message saying they are occupied with the refugee/asylum cases from Afghanistan.
Does the call says so?

Trevor1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Does the call says so?
Tried 8 times today. Got the same response. They have an automated message saying they are currently dealing with refugee and asylum seekers only contact ircc for emergency reasons. Left my number twice for callback. Didnt happen. Was on hold other 6 times, call was disconnected just like that.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Tried 8 times today. Got the same response. They have an automated message saying they are currently dealing with refugee and asylum seekers only contact ircc for emergency reasons. Left my number twice for callback. Didnt happen. Was on hold other 6 times, call was disconnected just like that.
Ok I would say start at 07:53am and make sure you reach last option at exact 8 so that you can press zero and will be transferred. Nowadays it is hectic. Last week when I called I missed by a minute and at 08:01 when I pressed 0 to talk to any agent it said high volume of calls and next day I made sure I was there at 08:00:15 and then my call was connected

• Sad
Reactions: Trevor1

Trevor1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Ok I would say start at 07:53am and make sure you reach last option at exact 8 so that you can press zero and will be transferred. Nowadays it is hectic. Last week when I called I missed by a minute and at 08:01 when I pressed 0 to talk to any agent it said high volume of calls and next day I made sure I was there at 08:00:15 and then my call was connected
Thanks. I will do this first thing tomorrow

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah. As of today, ircc no longer taking calls. Only for emergency purposes. If you call ircc for application status they hang up on you. When you call now they have an automated message saying they are occupied with the refugee/asylum cases from Afghanistan.
I alsi tried today and heard same thing, so I guess everything went in complete dark from now on. Hope for the best

Trevor1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
I alsi tried today and heard same thing, so I guess everything went in complete dark from now on. Hope for the best
At this point its hopeless. We just have to wait. I hate that the process is this long, wish there was a faster way.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is crazy and unbelievable that Canada is delaying everything with the excuse of COVID-19. They should prepare themselves according to situation not just keep giving excuses and who is going to call them whole day for afghan situations and stop taking calls from others .

Reactions: noears

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would a government make announcement to welcome 400k immigrants when they only have capacity to process about 50k- 60k a year . Even court yesterday ruled that cic took longer to process the applications

Reactions: noears and Trevor1

Trevor1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Why would a government make announcement to welcome 400k immigrants when they only have capacity to process about 50k- 60k a year . Even court yesterday ruled that cic took longer to process the applications
Its a publicity stunt. They don't ever reach the cap for a year. In the past 3 years, ircc barely were able to process 1/4 of the applications received in a year. Talk about incompetence, yes they would receive an award.

Trevor1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Okay so I got through with ircc. Agent was very rude. Said ircc only handling emergency situations right now and would not give updates on applications. He said all information is available online and I should read/listen to instructions. I kept asking if he can atleast say what stage my application is in, agent said I'm wasting his time and if I need to leave canada I am welcome to do it. I told him nevermind and ended the call.

Trevor1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Update: IRCC is not taking calls unless its an emergency or relating to the Afghanistan situation. For those wanting to call for non emergency purposes, you're in for a rude awakening.