Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-04-2021
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
I called to CIC today . Lady said eligibility is assessed. It means passed or what?
How do you manage to speak to an agent? Whenever I called, the call is hung up after the auto voice message each and every time!

Reactions: Acamp1410

AbhikSengupta

Jun 9, 2021
Does Agent specifically told you about "Review Required"?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the first stage if there are concerns with a document or the case analyst or the program assistant wants the officer to have a careful review into a specific document then they will flag it with the message "Review Required". If the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but a specific document needs further review from an officer then the GCMS notes will contain a message that the "applicant has met the eligibility", or “ready to finalize”. (Ready to finalize means that the assistant or analyst is recommending that the officer review the file before making a final decision) However, if there are concerns with eligibility then there will be a review required but there will be no message like “ready to finalize” or "pass". The message will specifically state that the job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. The final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant. This is why eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as "passed". Some of the common reasons for Review Required are related to:

• Proof of funds (POF). Sometimes POF verification can take place again during Security Screening.
  • Reference letter
  • Work experience
  • Employment verification
  • If you answered yes to any Statutory (Stat) Questions
As a result of these 2 stages the GCMS notes for eligibility review can have up to 3-4 notes. One will be by an analyst or an assistant, and the next will be by an officer. Due to the 2 stage review, MyCIC message may change from "The eligibility review has been met" to "The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied". If in the notes section you see "Pass candidate" it just refers to your profile and score which is not the same as passed by an officer for Eligibility Review.
Thank you so much for such detailed explanation. The agent, however, didn't tell me about any specific discrepancies which might have caused this. When I asked him, why is my eligibility marked as "Review Needed". He said, its very common and there is nothing for me to worry about right now. However, he didn't provide me any specific details on this. He also said that my application is in "normal" progress route. I will call them again after few weeks. Meanwhile, if any of my friends wish to share any prior experiences, please feel free to do so.

Reactions: scenestrange

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi, Do you know what steps you have followed to reach IRCC agent on call? I have been trying to call them since last 10 days and not able to reach. Call cuts down itself with predefined recording. Please let me know. Thanks
Try to call them as they open at 8:00 am that's the best time to try them

abi2490

May 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received the portal email on Saturday 19th and sent the information same day. Got the credentials Sunday and did the declaration, photo and address.

On Monday morning I woke up to the same initial email as Saturday for the portal and email confirmation - very confused to which email should I reply to ? Shall I go ahead and do the process again for the second email?
That would create two profiles for me ? So doesn't make sense.

In thr portal it says in review with IRCC

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
Hello guys i got 1st email for confirmation i replied but put wrong subject then i realized later and sent another one with proper subject
its not gonna cause any trouble right ?
i had to send with my personal email cause i have representative
please anyone can help

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Hi everyone,

I received the portal email on Saturday 19th and sent the information same day. Got the credentials Sunday and did the declaration, photo and address.

On Monday morning I woke up to the same initial email as Saturday for the portal and email confirmation - very confused to which email should I reply to ? Shall I go ahead and do the process again for the second email?
That would create two profiles for me ? So doesn't make sense.

In thr portal it says in review with IRCC
You only have to reply to the first email asking to confirm your application details. There may be an instance that someone from the VO email you directly to confirm some details but it's only if they need clarification. Since you already submitted your address and photo, all you need to do is wait. As soon as they confirm your address, they'll give you the eCoPR.

abi2490

May 1, 2019
You only have to reply to the first email asking to confirm your application details. There may be an instance that someone from the VO email you directly to confirm some details but it's only if they need clarification. Since you already submitted your address and photo, all you need to do is wait. As soon as they confirm your address, they'll give you the eCoPR.

Your a bloody legend mate! Thanks a lot.

Reactions: bryheartpizza