+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 year experience calculation.

Engmmh

Nov 28, 2018
Hey,
What did you finally do?
I declined the invitation to apply and I will wait till I complete 1 year, I called the immigration and they said it depends on the officier whether to accept my maternity as experience or not, so I decided to be on safe side and wait till I complete the 12 months

premalbhatt

Oct 28, 2018
Hello.. did you accept the ITA?

I am also in a same position. I got ITA and my 12 months of experience will complete after 2 weeks. ShouldI accept the ITA or reject it?
Hey there,
I didn't accept the invitation as they clearly mentioned in the rules that the day you accept your ITA you should have your duration of the experience completed. So I didn't accept the ITA . But you can reassure and confirm it again with others and then take your decision. Best wishes!

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
If you want to gamble that the VO will make an error in your favour, go ahead and apply. Otherwise, decline the ITA; you will stay in the pool and get another ITA; then you can be sure that you are eligible.

The problem isn't the points - you're allowed to keep the CRS points for the Canadian work experience as long as you submit your eAPR after you have completed the year.

You apparently would have qualified under FSW (which is how your profile was accepted), but now you will be automatically assessed for CEC class, and you have to have the MEQ (one year of eligible experience) at the time of the ITA.

Have people managed to slide through? Yes. But many have also been refused. So it is your choice, if you can wait until June when you actually complete a year, that is the "best" (most secure) way. (To ensure no confusion, you can remove your Canadian experience from the system until it is eligible).
Hi,
I have few questions regarding CEC.
  1. What is minimum number of hours per week to be considered as full time?
  2. I am working 40 hours per week but few weeks i worked 32 hours because of day off. In this case how is work exp calculated?
  3. I was not paid for Christmas vacation and 2 weeks after that (as i was out of Canada). Will this period be counted in work experience?
  4. The one year criteria should be met at the time of ITA or AOR
Thanks
Naseer

Priyank295

Apr 17, 2020
Hello everyone. I have a question in regards to ITA. This is my scenario.

1st Job: 30 Apr 2018 – 26 Apr 2019 (1 year)

2nd Job: 10 Jun 2019 – Present (currently in 23rd month)

My EE profile is active as of April 2019 and i got points for 2 years on April 1. I am thinking because the system calculated my first job as 13 months even though i just worked 1 day for April 2018. I received an ITA on April 9 draw. My questions are as follows:

In such a case, when I have not yet fully completed 24 months, can I accept this ITA? OR can I accept it and submit my eAPR after I complete 24 months as i have got 90 days to apply?

Because as per “MEC”, I am already eligible for CEC as I have completed 12 months and this case is for my 2nd year. I am a little confused here as I would like to know if CIC calculates MEC individually for each year of work experience.

And if have to decline, I am wondering when I go back in pool, will I get another ITA if my score is high enough? Also, is there any limit to number of ITA’s that I am allowed to decline?

Anyone else has a similar situation? This is quite confusing. Your responses are highly appreciated. Thanks.

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a question in regards to ITA. This is my scenario.

1st Job: 30 Apr 2018 – 26 Apr 2019 (1 year)

2nd Job: 10 Jun 2019 – Present (currently in 23rd month)

My EE profile is active as of April 2019 and i got points for 2 years on April 1. I am thinking because the system calculated my first job as 13 months even though i just worked 1 day for April 2018. I received an ITA on April 9 draw. My questions are as follows:

In such a case, when I have not yet fully completed 24 months, can I accept this ITA? OR can I accept it and submit my eAPR after I complete 24 months as i have got 90 days to apply?

Because as per “MEC”, I am already eligible for CEC as I have completed 12 months and this case is for my 2nd year. I am a little confused here as I would like to know if CIC calculates MEC individually for each year of work experience.

And if have to decline, I am wondering when I go back to the pool, will I get another ITA if my score is high enough? Also, is there any limit to a number of ITA’s that I am allowed to decline?

Anyone else has a similar situation? This is quite confusing. Your responses are highly appreciated. Thanks.
I am also in the same boat and looking for advice. I will complete my 2 years on 8th May but I got ITA on 9th April as the system calculates points automatically about which I didn't even know. I have sent my query to the immigration officer through web form where the tone of their response was positive but still answer was not very clear.
I have pasted their response below. I hope that helps.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I am also in the same boat and looking for advice. I will complete my 2 years on 8th May but I got ITA on 9th April as the system calculates points automatically about which I didn't even know. I have sent my query to the immigration officer through web form where the tone of their response was positive but still answer was not very clear.
I have pasted their response below. I hope that helps.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
I think the response you got is very straight forward, particularly this:
  • Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.
  • Whether you reach the one-year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
  • The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.
Certainly, there'll be some flexibility. They are aware that you might receive the ITA before you've actually met the MEC (1-year Canadian work experience). I would not push it as submitting it a month in advance, you'd be taking a big risk and should not be surprised if this leads to a refusal.

The best advice is for you to wait until you've completed the full year to apply, even if the same day. You still get about 3 months to do so, there is no rush.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
I have submitted my express entry profile in 23rd April 2018 with Canadian class experience from June 2017. On May-1st received extra 90 points for CES for 1 year but officially one year will be completed by June 2018. However, system auto calculated points based on month to month( June 2017 to May 2018 as one year). I also got invite to apply.
can someone suggest me if we can submit the application for PR in this case? Anyone got similar points like me?
Hi i have a same situation. Did you submit profile or declined? I have a positive lmia too with new job offer?

Canadatalk

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
I have submitted my express entry profile in 23rd April 2018 with Canadian class experience from June 2017. On May-1st received extra 90 points for CES for 1 year but officially one year will be completed by June 2018. However, system auto calculated points based on month to month( June 2017 to May 2018 as one year). I also got invite to apply.
can someone suggest me if we can submit the application for PR in this case? Anyone got similar points like me?
I am in similar situation, just checking did you get everything smoothly after submitting your application? when did you submit your application then? Appreciate if you could share your experience here as many CEC folks are in similar situation of late.

Asees.singh

Jul 20, 2019
Hello, My question is that I completed my work experience on May 25th and created EE profile on 28th May, but when I calculated my hours I completed 1560 hours by June 9th and received an ITA on June 11th. Should I accept an Invitation or decline it?

Canadatalk

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hello, My question is that I completed my work experience on May 25th and created EE profile on 28th May, but when I calculated my hours I completed 1560 hours by June 9th and received an ITA on June 11th. Should I accept an Invitation or decline it?
you seems to be safe, why do you wana decline?

Sandy.Chichu

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Goa India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
10/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2015
Experienced folks need your little help. I received ITA on May 28th. At the time of submitting my file my hours per week were around 27.70 through which I got ITA. my friend had inputted 27.40 but he didnt receive any ITA and received it in the next round. But when I ordered my experience letter my hours dropped to 27.40 due to COVID scenario. So I am not sure if I should use the same ITA or decline the old one apply for new one.

Umarama29

Jun 26, 2020
I know its an old post. But in the link that is provided here, it states the below point.
They will verify if the applicant meets the the MEC at the point of ITA or at the time of eAPR. So technically if someone receives their ITA a month before they finish their 1 year CEC, they can still accept the invitation but submit eAPR after they actually complete 1 year. So they would automatically satisfy MEC at the point of eAPR. This is my understanding.

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
I get invitation on 25th june when cut off was 431, but my 2 years experience gonna be completed on 11th july with CRS 436.
I think computer calculated july 2018-june 2020 24 months period,
Should i accept or decline invitation?