+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 year - do we need to reduce business travel stay outside to count 1

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Hi,

My work is sales and I do frequent travel to US, though I work and get paid in Toronto.

Does it count like stay in Canada for CEC as well. In my case , I have completed 1 year recently and mostly I have more than 2 months of business travel to US in entire year. Does it matter for filing the applications?

RaviChand

Jul 26, 2021
Hi,

My work is sales and I do frequent travel to US, though I work and get paid in Toronto.

Does it count like stay in Canada for CEC as well. In my case , I have completed 1 year recently and mostly I have more than 2 months of business travel to US in entire year. Does it matter for filing the applications?
@kgrajiv Any updates? I am in a similar situation

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
if you are out of Canada , do not count that time in your CEC 1 yr experience. . To be safe, always count the time u worked within Canada.

For example, i was working from India for 2 months but was told not to count that towards my time for CEC applications.

USA, India doesnt matter...you are out of Canada. Period...

RaviChand

Jul 26, 2021
if you are out of Canada , do not count that time in your CEC 1 yr experience. . To be safe, always count the time u worked within Canada.

For example, i was working from India for 2 months but was told not to count that towards my time for CEC applications.

USA, India doesnt matter...you are out of Canada. Period...
@kartikj001 Thanks for your response. All the trip I made to the USA was part of my job duties and is not "work from home". What was your source of information?