+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA did not forward my complaints to IRCC, Why?

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Guys, I am a victim of marriage of convenience and I have been sending evidence of my wife's immigration fraud to CBSA through fax every few months last year and a half. Today I have called CBSA to ask if they forwarded my new evidence to IRCC that I have faxed them a month ago and they said NO. What does this mean? Why would they not forward important evidence to IRCC when they receive it? Does this possibly mean that my case is closed or could it be that they simply forgot to send it? Does IRCC refuse at some point to take new evidence and simply close the case or what? Or will they always take new evidence no matter how old.

Thanks for your time.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Whether they investigate or not, neither IRCC or CBSA will give you any information related to your complaint. Any investigation will be carried out without your knowledge of the findings or final results.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
I talked to them more than once and they always confirmed that the CBSA forwarded my faxes to IRCC. I know that they must have investigated the fraud since my wife got a letter from them asking her to explain the allegations of marriage of convenience. My question is why would the CBSA not transfer my latest evidence to IRCC. Could this be because the investigation is closed?

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
What do you mean CBSA not involved. Thats how you report the fraud by faxing evidence to CBSA and they forward it to IRCC to investigate.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Once CBSA reports it to IRCC, CBSA May not have any further involvement unless a removal is issued. If IRCC is leading the investigation, they will be gathering their own information. Just a guess as there is limited information on how investigations play out.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, I understand that CBSA does not do or investigate anything. IRCC does investigate. I was just curious why CBSA did not forward my new evidence to IRCC. I can't imagine that they simply forgot, so I'm thinking that the investigation is closed or concluded. I also assume that they would not refuse to take more evidence so something is up with the case I guess.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would consider getting a lawyer to send an official letter with proof of welfare fraud. Marriage of convenience is often tough to prove because sounds like you were together for quite a long time and 8 months after sponsorship. Not doubting your claim but it just may be hard to prove without any doubt. You have gotten much further than others and she was brought in for a meeting.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Didn't they used to have a law where you would have to stay with your sponsor two years after getting pc or you could have it revoked? So 8 months after getting pc is not so long and there was a good reason why she stayed a little longer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Didn't they used to have a law where you would have to stay with your sponsor two years after getting pc or you could have it revoked? So 8 months after getting pc is not so long and there was a good reason why she stayed a little longer.
You've already been told many times that it was repealed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Welfare fraud is a serious matter so that would be a good way for her to get a criminal charge and for you to stop having to reimburse the province. Given she was interviewed a year ago not sure whether anything will come of your marriage of convenience case. Nobody here can tell you.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, I know you guys can't tell me if my evidence will convince them I just though you guys would know what the whole procedure is and what it might mean when they do certain things.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, I know you guys can't tell me if my evidence will convince them I just though you guys would know what the whole procedure is and what it might mean when they do certain things.
There doesn't seem to have been much movement in your case in quite some time unless you or your ex wife has been contacted. Have you finalized your divorce? Havre you heard about the welfare fraud. Those are things that are more in your control.

chuckd

Jun 26, 2017
I only recently sent in some really convincing evidence to them that I have received. A month ago I tried to give them even more but it was not sent in from CBSA. So I kind of hope that they were convinced and case was closed.