+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Casual Labour in Canada

bethanya

Dec 18, 2009
Canada...eh?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay. Thanks for all your help! We've got something else figured out. He's just going to get a student work visa, since he's been studying since September. We'll just wait until March, and then we'll be able to apply for it. Thank-you all for your help!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
bethanya said:
okay. Thanks for all your help! We've got something else figured out. He's just going to get a student work visa, since he's been studying since September. We'll just wait until March, and then we'll be able to apply for it. Thank-you all for your help!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work-students.asp (info/guide)

He can also apply electronically:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/off-campus.asp (application)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
Leon,
Does that apply if the VR states "Prohibited from attending any educational institution and taking any academic, professional or vocational training course."
After talking to CIC the reply was "VR's are specific, if it says any, it means any".
So as my VR says "any", they mean it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But if it is not an academic, professional or vocational training course but say a hobby course and it's not at an educational institution but say at somebody's private home or work shop, would that be allowed then?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My question was "am I allowed to take part in any learning process while in Canada on this VR?"

It is Friday, and I don't think the person that I spoke to wanted to be at work.

I suspect that in a home, with someone who is not a prof' or a registered trainer, then it would not be an issue.

But they did say ANY :)