+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't save application for new PR card: "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later."

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
When I'm trying to add my personal history, I click save on the tables and nothing happens.

Then if I click "Save and Continue" at the bottom, I get this pop up message: "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later."

I tried doing it at different times and used different browsers but get the same result. Any fix for this or should I start a new application? Frustrating as I want to submit my PR card application immediately.

alansonjames

Nov 6, 2022
When I'm trying to add my personal history, I click save on the tables and nothing happens.

Then if I click "Save and Continue" at the bottom, I get this pop up message: "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later."

I tried doing it at different times and used different browsers but get the same result. Any fix for this or should I start a new application? Frustrating as I want to submit my PR card application immediately.
Same Here, for 2 days ..... frustrating..... Nov. 6th 2022

likingcanada

Aug 18, 2022
same here, tried with creating different email accounts, and same message when on the 2nd page of the application. I am applying for PRTD.

likingcanada

Aug 18, 2022
finally figured out, it is a crappy system with no hint on errors, basically, when you saw those errors, that meant one field or more fields of your forms contains format that the form does not like, e.g., apartment number must be numeric and nothing else

wissamjarmak

Nov 9, 2022
Same here tried to fill in the personal information related to Address History and Work and Educational History in the online
Application for a Permanent Resident (PR) Card (IMM 5444), but when clicking on Save and Continue am receiving the following error "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later." Anyone can help?

king_kay

Nov 9, 2022
you need to check if any data field has format issues, e.g., no special characters#,., etc,
I've been checking, editing, and re-checking for about an hour now and I still can't save the application. This is a terrible system.

I first filled it out a couple of days ago and saved it. When I checked it today, I saw that some of the data had changed - the date I became a PR and my DoB had both moved by one day. I had to edit it, but now I can't save anything anymore.

Might have to resort to a manual application, and the thought of that just stresses me out.

Terrible system.

likingcanada

Aug 18, 2022
alternatively you can register a new email and start from scratch, but I would suggest to check again each data field for format. It is a surprise these systems cost over $400million tax payers money to build,

king_kay

Nov 9, 2022
alternatively you can register a new email and start from scratch, but I would suggest to check again each data field for format. It is a surprise these systems cost over $400million tax payers money to build,
I figured it out. It wasn't a data type problem. It was a maximum length problem. The field on page 5 which lets you enter the reason why you were out of Canada (Other) has a maximum length, though it doesn't stop you from typing beyond that, and it won't show you what exactly the error is. I had to do a lot of trial and error to figure out that was the problem.

I don't know exactly what the maximum length is, but my 107-character reason wasn't accepted and my 76-character reason was accepted.

Terrible system, but I hope this helps someone else.

Blessing On

Nov 11, 2022
Ontario
Category........
FSW

issues with submitting PR Application

-If your picture error is too bright or too dark just upload a digital version of the passport photograph, do not use the cropping tool.
-If the table cant save make sure the dates over lap . activity 1 Jan 4th 2020 - July 5th 2021, Activity 2 must start with July 5 2021, even if this is work history the dates MUST Overlap.
-Do NOT use any special characters in your table ie (., -""&) etc
-Any comments in the comment box must be 10 words or less.

Fix all these and you will be able to submit, the site is wonky but this is wonky but i have used 1 month and 11 days to figure all this out.

Hope this helps someone.

ZeeshanAhmd

Apr 27, 2022
I figured it out. It wasn't a data type problem. It was a maximum length problem. The field on page 5 which lets you enter the reason why you were out of Canada (Other) has a maximum length, though it doesn't stop you from typing beyond that, and it won't show you what exactly the error is. I had to do a lot of trial and error to figure out that was the problem.

I don't know exactly what the maximum length is, but my 107-character reason wasn't accepted and my 76-character reason was accepted.

Terrible system, but I hope this helps someone else.
This worked!! You are a life savior. Thank you! I kept my character count below 80 and it worked.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Anyone experienced getting an error "There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later." when uploading a document? Got this error uploading the receipt and Document checklist.

What did you do?

Thanks!

ZeeshanAhmd

Apr 27, 2022
Hello,

Anyone experienced getting an error "There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later." when uploading a document? Got this error uploading the receipt and Document checklist.

What did you do?

Thanks!
Try logging out and logging back in. It worked for me. It took two tries and i was able to upload it. Guess it is their server.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try logging out and logging back in. It worked for me. It took two tries and i was able to upload it. Guess it is their server.
It worked. Thanks!

For the picture, is it best to get a digital copy or scan the physical picture? What about the info they require on the back of the photo?

Update:

I was able to get hold of a digital copy of the picture. the problem is, only the from pic is available for download. The back is not available digitally. I have the physical picture, can i just take a pic of the back of the picture and upload it?

Any advise?

Last edited:

ZeeshanAhmd

Apr 27, 2022
It worked. Thanks!

For the picture, is it best to get a digital copy or scan the physical picture? What about the info they require on the back of the photo?

Update:

I was able to get hold of a digital copy of the picture. the problem is, only the from pic is available for download. The back is not available digitally. I have the physical picture, can i just take a pic of the back of the picture and upload it?

Any advise?
I just uploaded the snap shot of the email i got from the photo studio which had their signature and date on it. Not sure if that is the right thing as I am yet to know. To be safe, if you are ok, I would recommend you to get the photo printed out and request the studio to write the details on the back side. You can scan the back side only and upload it but when it comes to the front, you can upload the digital copy which you currently have.

All the best!