+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't save application for new PR card: "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later."

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just uploaded the snap shot of the email i got from the photo studio which had their signature and date on it. Not sure if that is the right thing as I am yet to know. To be safe, if you are ok, I would recommend you to get the photo printed out and request the studio to write the details on the back side. You can scan the back side only and upload it but when it comes to the front, you can upload the digital copy which you currently have.

All the best!
Thank you!
Forgot to mention. They stamped the back of the picture with studio name and date. I'll just add the name and birthdate, take a pic and upload it. I hope it would suffice.

nishadtillu

Jul 4, 2015
I had the same issue in Immi 5444 for PRTD. though there is no sureshot help, I tried various combinations as suggested by helpful guys in this blog. I was finally successful in submitting through all these trials and errors. Pointers for a possible successful submission

1. In the personal details page, try using different browsers. If chrome doesn't work, use Safari or Mozilla. I removed all special characters as well as capital (uppercase) for good measure even in my name, last name etc. In phone number, try using home drop-down even if you are inputting a cellular number.
2. Coming to page 5 of the application, I had to change my browser back to chrome (from Safari) to get the count of "total days outside Canada" correctly.
3. After all this, if the submit application button dosent load, please try sign out and sign in again.
Guys, I was able to submit after marathon efforts of 10 days and my mom was reciting Hanuman Chalisa in the background. So at the end (or actually from beginning) pray to God, whichever faith you believe in

Reactions: nithin.canada

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
I figured it out. It wasn't a data type problem. It was a maximum length problem. The field on page 5 which lets you enter the reason why you were out of Canada (Other) has a maximum length, though it doesn't stop you from typing beyond that, and it won't show you what exactly the error is. I had to do a lot of trial and error to figure out that was the problem.

I don't know exactly what the maximum length is, but my 107-character reason wasn't accepted and my 76-character reason was accepted.

Terrible system, but I hope this helps someone else.
This really helped me. Thanks much for your thought to share your experience. Error message should ve been constructed properly.

Arasetty

Dec 27, 2022
In the 4. Personal History, "From" and "To" date should be the same as the previous "To" date

From YYYY/MM/DDTo YYYY/MM/DD
2021/12/202022/12/31
2020/08/302021/12/20

daqing

Jun 6, 2023
I'm still on 2nd page of PRTD application form. Same problem as others: cannot same changes and move to next page. I used the tips people on this forum suggested - checking format, no special characters, etc. But nothing is working. I will appreciate if anyone can provide more hints.

Arasetty

Dec 27, 2022
I'm still on 2nd page of PRTD application form. Same problem as others: cannot same changes and move to next page. I used the tips people on this forum suggested - checking format, no special characters, etc. But nothing is working. I will appreciate if anyone can provide more hints.
[/QUOTE

Check if u have any gaps in the dates,
You need to have start and end dates mentioned and do not leave any dates missing. If you didn’t work on some dates mention those dates and mark them as unemployed. This works for all types of tables in the form.

Arasetty

Dec 27, 2022
Try this

"From" and "To" date should be the same as the previous "To" date

From YYYY/MM/DDTo YYYY/MM/DD
2021/12/202022/12/31
2020/08/302021/12/20

Jul 31, 2023
I've also had the same problem but it solved ! don't write in uppercase < try writing only in small letters ... also try writing as much less as in address

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in deadlock.

As soon as the consent form is signed with full name, application form goes back to in progress. Before signing the consent, everything was ready to submit. Till date, havent received any error on any page except that there should be no gaps for address history so I overlapped the dates. Thats all, no other error for any special character etc.

I am from IT background. I tried adding a single date entry covering 5 year period in all tables with minimum characters as claimed by others but I am still seeing that table is not getting saved on the server (checked developer tools on every browser, same error PUT request, 400) . On UI, I still dont see any error. After going back and forth, this application changes back to ready to submit and sometimes it still remains in 'In progress' status. Once again, after signing the consent, application status is in progress. I dont know whether to laugh at this or cry.

I am so sick of this portal. None of the tables is getting saved on the server and to me, no error on the screen (but hidden on developer tools).

Can anyone pl help?

Jul 31, 2023
I am in deadlock.

As soon as the consent form is signed with full name, application form goes back to in progress. Before signing the consent, everything was ready to submit. Till date, havent received any error on any page except that there should be no gaps for address history so I overlapped the dates. Thats all, no other error for any special character etc.

I am from IT background. I tried adding a single date entry covering 5 year period in all tables with minimum characters as claimed by others but I am still seeing that table is not getting saved on the server (checked developer tools on every browser, same error PUT request, 400) . On UI, I still dont see any error. After going back and forth, this application changes back to ready to submit and sometimes it still remains in 'In progress' status. Once again, after signing the consent, application status is in progress. I dont know whether to laugh at this or cry.

I am so sick of this portal. None of the tables is getting saved on the server and to me, no error on the screen (but hidden on developer tools).

Can anyone pl help?
the same problem i faced yesterday only, for that you need to go back to in progress form and choose edit option and delete the table in in the last page and again write the table , and than you again you need to sign the consent and submit it as soon as possible begore it turn into in progress again.

it happened with me yesterday only and i found out this trick . you may try and see

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As soon as the consent is signed, it changes back to in progress. What a deadlock !

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I deleted the last page table, re entered everything with short comments and wrote everything in small caps on consent page. It submitted successfully.

Last edited:

VancouverTony

Oct 19, 2023
In “5. Residency Obligation - Time Spent Outside Canada”, I encountered the same error message "Your changes cannot be saved. Please try again later." This problem tortured me for a long time, and then Google came here. Thank you for all the suggestions and methods. I got your tips and finally figured out. Although it may be different from what other people encountered, this is one of the reasons why the error occurred. I would like to share it with you. In short, it is a terrible system - it could totally be made friendlier and easier to use.

When the number of characters in this column "Your location(s) during absence (city, country/territory)" is 107, Error! When shortened to 99, ok!

So I guess the character limit for this column should be 99.