App. Filed.......
16-12-2018
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
22-10-2019
1) I didn't need to register for MyAccount at the CRA website when I first volunteered for the tax clinic. So not sure this is a new requirement.I didn't have any tax filed or myaccount before volunteering last year.
2) My understanding was that residents (citizens/PRs) can volunteer at the tax clinic. But I guess this is not anymore the case if you have been able to register and get verified with your student permit.
3) You need to keep in mind that CVITP volunteers are not allowed to EFILE their own personal tax returns.
Did you need to get RepID in order to volunteer for a free tax clinic? As far as I understand, you only can get a RepID if you have access to your CRA's MyAccount.

I immigrated to Canada around 3 months ago and haven't filed a tax return yet, so I don't have MyAccount with CRA. I am also considering volunteering with CVITP, but I don't know how to get a RepID without access to MyAccount.

LILIAN27

Apr 6, 2019
Hi, I just received my SIN but it starts with a 9. I was told by service Canada to do my taxes this year even though I have nothing to claim. I tried registering on the CIC but it says error. Then I tried simple tax but ot still says error or Should I just do the paper ? Any info would be appreciated

JeanEl25

Mar 13, 2020
I cannot register for a CRA account and it keeps on telling me error thing and I tried to refresh it for multiple times but still the same. I tried filing tax return in the US and everything was easy but here in Canada I find it very hard.

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
My husband and I arrived in May 2019, and we just mailed in our tax returns for 2019. We had tried to file it online using both SimpleTax and TurboTax but failed to do so. I remembered reading some threads on Canadavisa about this matter and 1 member confirmed being told to mail the tax return by the call agent.