+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancellation of previous TRV

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So if I apply for a Post-Graduation work permit, will I be able to leave and enter Canada while the work permit application is pending?
Because my TRV as a student is valid until the end of the summer holiday, and the school supposes to end around April. So it is possible that I want to go back to visit my family or just travel around.
Provided that you have a valid visa, you are permitted to apply to re-enter at the border.

Call IRCC and ask about the validity of the visa that is currently in your passport. Give them the document number.

daijia

Jan 29, 2018
You can apply for a status extension when a study permit expires and you will receive a visitor record. Student is not an immigration status; you are a temporary resident with a study permit.

So yes, you can extend a stay after a study permit and you will be granted a visitor status exemption if approved.
Provided that you have a valid visa, you are permitted to apply to re-enter at the border.

Call IRCC and ask about the validity of the visa that is currently in your passport. Give them the document number.
Okay Thank you very much! I understand now!

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
The policy is if you have a valid TRV on your passport, such as V-1, IRCC is not REQUIRED to issue you a new TRV based on your study purpose. But if they do issue you a new TRV, they WILL NOT cancel your previous one, since the purpose of these two TRVs are different.
do you have an official link that describes it?