+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Student visa rejected twice

deepgagan000

Nov 18, 2017
punjab
everything looks good in your profile. How come no reason? What letter did you receive?
sir i got this mail Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Vikram_man

Dec 21, 2017
Depends on your profile. Can you share it with us and the reasons for rejections for both time?
Hello,
I've been rejected thrice (Fall '16, Winter '16 and Summer '17) under the same reason stating OTHERS.
Below is my profile:

10th - 85% in 2009
12th - 64% in 2011
BTech in Civil Engineering : 63.77% in 2015
Repeated backlogs : 8
Course chosen: Construction Project Management (all 3 cases)
College applied to : First 2 cases - Conestoga College. Third case - Canadore College.
In between this time frame from 2015 till 2017, I've been working for Amazon Development Center and applied to the Embassy. Haven't mentioned that I was working in the application.

I also have an internship certificate from a small (local) construction design company (Flash Infratech) before that in 2015 and learnt softwares in Civil Engineering Designing in 2016.
I have applied with both these certificates in the third application.

Have applied for CAIPS notes after the second refusal which states "The motivation required for the student at this point of time does not seem reasonable in light of previous studies, I am not convinced. Hence REFUSED."

Please suggest on what changes can/have to be made to get my Student Visa approved.

Vikram_man

Dec 21, 2017
Hello,
I've been rejected thrice (Fall '16, Winter '16 and Summer '17) under the same reason stating OTHERS.
Below is my profile:

10th - 85% in 2009
12th - 64% in 2011
BTech in Civil Engineering : 63.77% in 2015
Repeated backlogs : 8
Course chosen: Construction Project Management (all 3 cases)
College applied to : First 2 cases - Conestoga College. Third case - Canadore College.
In between this time frame from 2015 till 2017, I've been working for Amazon Development Center and applied to the Embassy. Haven't mentioned that I was working in the application.

I also have an internship certificate from a small (local) construction design company (Flash Infratech) before that in 2015 and learnt softwares in Civil Engineering Designing in 2016.
I have applied with both these certificates in the third application.

Have applied for CAIPS notes after the second refusal which states "The motivation required for the student at this point of time does not seem reasonable in light of previous studies, I am not convinced. Hence REFUSED."

Please suggest on what changes can/have to be made to get my Student Visa approved.
My IELTS scores are as follows :
Total Bands : 7
L: 8
R: 6.5
S: 7
W: 6

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I'd love it if you shared your views too :)
In the last one month, I have seen 2 people on this forum who got visa in the third attempt but a lot of improvement is required when you decide to reapply. Since, you are already working so you need to justify as to why you would leave your job and study now. Most of the time, the officer would think that you did not qualify for express entry so you are going for study permit. You have to prepare your SOP providing more explanation on this.

Last edited:

Vikram_man

Dec 21, 2017
In the last one month, I have seen 2 people on this forum who got visa in the third attempt but a lot of improvement is required when you decide to reapply. Since, you are already working so you need to justify as to why you would leave your job and study now. Most of the time, the officer would think that you did not qualify for express entry so you are going for study permit. You have to prepare your SOP providing more explanation on this.
I've already left my job and am studying for competitive exams in my field from 2 months since the job I was in was not in relevance to my qualification. Does this help? Also, I'm planning to reapply for Fall '18 this time mentioning that I worked for the organization. Can you help me on how can I prepare my SOP accordingly and any other information I should be declaring?

deepgagan000

Nov 18, 2017
punjab
and is there any rule to each 6 band from 1feb 2018 ?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi helican
What can be said to convince visa office that I am leaving my job in between and. Applying for study permit
You need to tell them how the new degree is going to make difference. Is it going to help you to target better jobs. what jobs and how much difference in pay. Why are you not doing a part-time degree in your country so you can work as well as study. What is special in Canadian degree. Are you going to spend everything from your savings?? If not what is the backup plan when you quit your job and start studying.

Reactions: Esthersaa