+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Student visa rejected twice

findingpeace

Aug 28, 2018
Hi Iam Raju
On september 4 2019 i got a visa rejection stating that
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

iam clueless as i never thought of a visa rejection till that point as i thought till that day i got strong Educational Background.

My details are
10th---90.01
12th---86.7
Btech(ECE BRANCH)--78.02 IAM MAY 2015 PASSED OUT
Ielts--7.5(r-8.5,l-7.5,s-7.0,w-6.5)
FROM JUNE 2015 TILL DATE(4.2 YEARS)-------WORKING IN REPUTED MNC AS SYSTEM ENGINEER
I GOT OFFER LETTER FROM The Lambton College FOR THE COURSE Cloud Computing for Big Data OF 2YEARS.It is a PGDM COURSE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/CCBT/
paid 1 year complete fees and paid gic amount 10200 cad.(Applied under sds category)

In additional to that i attached my last 3 months pay slips(thats it i didnt attached neither any assets or other financial stuff from my side)

Iam enclosing what i wrote in my sop.
Iam completely Blank as i never expected this i need your suggestions so quickly...
Kindly need some suggestions before applying for 2 time ....thanks a lot in advance

My academics & Professional Experience:
Learning is a continuous process which explicitly provides new directions. In this process, I’ve encountered both success and failure. Despite all that, I developed confidence to overcome the challenges in my journey learnt from the past, I live in the present with an eye on the future. My foremost dream in life is to be acknowledged and congratulated for my academic achievements. I finished my schooling at the XXXXXX in the year 2009 with a Percentage of 90.17%. Intermediate at XXXXXXXX with an aggregate of 86.1%, which secured me an admission into the Bachelors of Electronics and Communication Engineering (2011-2015) at XXXXXX. I have graduated my bachelors in MAY 2015 with an aggregate of 78.62% (First class with distinction) with 0 Backlogs, which show my academic excellence and dedication I hold towards my interest.

I have realized that the employment world is not so easy and the phrase that fits into the corporate environment is “Survival for the fittest”. I therefore always wanted and wished to have a qualification abroad since it is so unique opportunity for students to score on the competitive index to compete at the global level and to become a global citizen as well. I have learnt many benefits of studying abroad by attending to various counselling sessions, Seminars and I am a witness to some of my friends and family members who studied abroad and returned highly transformed in outlook towards professional and personal life. I also personally believe that studying abroad is highly transformative and a priceless experience and hence every student has this in his lifetime for it exposes the student to the global world.

But before embarking on the journey of studying abroad, I have decided to gain some experience since it is not an easy challenge for a fresh graduate to handle the academic rigor and maintain balance between work and life ,with the skills I acquired during my graduation days I was placed in one of the top MNCs named XXX as a Systems Engineer. Here, I have been trained in various technologies like Java, Python, SQL and initially I worked as Front end developer where my task is to create an application's user interface web pages. My workplace offered a well-rounded personality development, although it demanded a substantial amount of hard work and perseverance. I had a strong passion for solving user queries while working on various software tools which made me withstand the work load. I was often recognized by my team leaders and managers for my contribution at work and was assigned projects from time to time apart from being delegated the responsibility of mentoring a number of new joiners at work. Later I worked in the Cloud technologies in my next project and that’s where for the first time I explored the potential of Cloud Computing Technology and with years of hard work I cleared the AWS Solution Architect Examination (Associate Level).
With my work experience and my motivation to analyze these skills more effectively with new technology, I chose Cloud Computing for Big Data as my major to upgrade my skill set which keeps in a better position.Having worked for more than 4 years I got better industrial exposure. Hence, I decided to resume my wish to study abroad. After sufficient homework and research, I have zeroed Canada as the destination to study which will provide new avenues to increase acquired knowledge and facilitate in giving expression to my potential.

My English Language Proficiency:
Have been studying English as a Medium of Instruction- 18 years. IELTS: Overall- 7.5 (Listening: 7.5, Reading: 8.5, Speaking: 7&Writing: 6.5)

Canada – Lambton College caught my interest because of the following reasons:
The country provides world-class education at an affordable cost when compared to other countries. Academic qualification and experience from a Canadian institution are considered highly prestigious across the globe.
It has been a favorite destination for many students from across the world since it is a very safe country with very low crime rate, immigrant friendly, cost of living is relatively less and people are very well natured. A large population of the country speaks English.
Community colleges in Canada are known for academic programs that are purely career oriented and industry endorsed with hands-on learning experience and hence the students hit the ground running.
Co-Op Programs a different concept which attracted me to opt for Canada, which is a kind of practical approach in the final semester and is more important to any student no matter of any group.
People get an opportunity to stay back for some time after graduation which gives them an opportunity to gain invaluable experience which is highly valued by employers.
Lambton College is known to be one of the best public funded community colleges in Canada, which is established in 1969, which has an employer satisfaction rate of 96.3%.
The college hosts labs equipped with the latest technology, project-based courses. Graduates of this program can learn the subjects like Big Data Strategies, Programming Java, Big Data Fundamentals - Data Storage Networking, Operating Systems Foundations, Networking Foundations, Big Data Strategies, Network Routing and Switching, Introduction to Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Capstone Project, Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing and an applied project.
Students have opportunity to gain an understanding of these cutting edge technologies and applications of cloud computing and its virtualization used in servers, desktops, embedded and mobile devices. Graduates of this program can hold plenty of opportunities for the careers like Hadoop developer, Hadoop Administrator, Data Engineer, Big Data Developer and Cloud Architect.

Future plans & Career Prospects:

India is a big IT hub for several globally recognized companies. The Big Data technology along with the Cloud Computing technology is in great demand in India. McKinsey estimates that India alone would need 2 lakhs data scientists, big data professionals and Cloud architects in the next few years.

After pursuing the Postgraduate diploma program, Cloud Computing for Big Data in Lambton College, as an individual I would be industry ready as a Cloud Data Engineer to tackle the Big Data and Cloud Computing problems as I had already acquired industry experience during my Co-op work term. I believe that, this program will improve my managerial skills, knowledge, and strengthen my fundamentals to make me eligible for playing a higher role, in any reputed organization, and provides me a wider career options throughout my lifetime.

Financial viability of my family:
I am very glad that I have enough financial and moral support of my parents to pursue further studies in Canada and they are very happy with my decision. As per the SDS rules I paid CAD XXX tuition fees for the entire FIRST YEAR and deposited CAD XXXX in the Bank of Nova Scotia as my first year living expenses. My father Mr.XXX earns an annual income of Rs.13,23,093/- per annum A apart from that father holds PF of Rs.13,55,043/- lakhs plus a savings of Rs. 1,00,000/ and I also has 1,00,000 savings in my account- which shows I have enough financial support for my study and stay in Canada. Beyond this we hold a House at XXXX and another House at XXXX which all together costs a market value of Rs. 1.0 crore. My family, therefore, financially had enough to sponsor my education and living expenses for the period of my study in Canada and is also well established in India.

May I therefore in the light of above information request you to kindly give merited consideration to my application and give me an opportunity to study the said program in Lambton College, Canada.
Hi,

Sad to hear refusal in your case. To get the exact reason of refusal, apply for caips notes and then do the changes in your application accordingly and then apply for visa.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Don't think the OP needs to do this. Quite obvious the course
Hi,

Sad to hear refusal in your case. To get the exact reason of refusal, apply for caips notes and then do the changes in your application accordingly and then apply for visa.

Last edited:

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi Iam Raju
On september 4 2019 i got a visa rejection stating that
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

iam clueless as i never thought of a visa rejection till that point as i thought till that day i got strong Educational Background.

My details are
10th---90.01
12th---86.7
Btech(ECE BRANCH)--78.02 IAM MAY 2015 PASSED OUT
Ielts--7.5(r-8.5,l-7.5,s-7.0,w-6.5)
FROM JUNE 2015 TILL DATE(4.2 YEARS)-------WORKING IN REPUTED MNC AS SYSTEM ENGINEER
I GOT OFFER LETTER FROM The Lambton College FOR THE COURSE Cloud Computing for Big Data OF 2YEARS.It is a PGDM COURSE.
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/CCBT/
paid 1 year complete fees and paid gic amount 10200 cad.(Applied under sds category)

In additional to that i attached my last 3 months pay slips(thats it i didnt attached neither any assets or other financial stuff from my side)

Iam enclosing what i wrote in my sop.
Iam completely Blank as i never expected this i need your suggestions so quickly...
Kindly need some suggestions before applying for 2 time ....thanks a lot in advance

My academics & Professional Experience:
Learning is a continuous process which explicitly provides new directions. In this process, I’ve encountered both success and failure. Despite all that, I developed confidence to overcome the challenges in my journey learnt from the past, I live in the present with an eye on the future. My foremost dream in life is to be acknowledged and congratulated for my academic achievements. I finished my schooling at the XXXXXX in the year 2009 with a Percentage of 90.17%. Intermediate at XXXXXXXX with an aggregate of 86.1%, which secured me an admission into the Bachelors of Electronics and Communication Engineering (2011-2015) at XXXXXX. I have graduated my bachelors in MAY 2015 with an aggregate of 78.62% (First class with distinction) with 0 Backlogs, which show my academic excellence and dedication I hold towards my interest.

I have realized that the employment world is not so easy and the phrase that fits into the corporate environment is “Survival for the fittest”. I therefore always wanted and wished to have a qualification abroad since it is so unique opportunity for students to score on the competitive index to compete at the global level and to become a global citizen as well. I have learnt many benefits of studying abroad by attending to various counselling sessions, Seminars and I am a witness to some of my friends and family members who studied abroad and returned highly transformed in outlook towards professional and personal life. I also personally believe that studying abroad is highly transformative and a priceless experience and hence every student has this in his lifetime for it exposes the student to the global world.

But before embarking on the journey of studying abroad, I have decided to gain some experience since it is not an easy challenge for a fresh graduate to handle the academic rigor and maintain balance between work and life ,with the skills I acquired during my graduation days I was placed in one of the top MNCs named XXX as a Systems Engineer. Here, I have been trained in various technologies like Java, Python, SQL and initially I worked as Front end developer where my task is to create an application's user interface web pages. My workplace offered a well-rounded personality development, although it demanded a substantial amount of hard work and perseverance. I had a strong passion for solving user queries while working on various software tools which made me withstand the work load. I was often recognized by my team leaders and managers for my contribution at work and was assigned projects from time to time apart from being delegated the responsibility of mentoring a number of new joiners at work. Later I worked in the Cloud technologies in my next project and that’s where for the first time I explored the potential of Cloud Computing Technology and with years of hard work I cleared the AWS Solution Architect Examination (Associate Level).
With my work experience and my motivation to analyze these skills more effectively with new technology, I chose Cloud Computing for Big Data as my major to upgrade my skill set which keeps in a better position.Having worked for more than 4 years I got better industrial exposure. Hence, I decided to resume my wish to study abroad. After sufficient homework and research, I have zeroed Canada as the destination to study which will provide new avenues to increase acquired knowledge and facilitate in giving expression to my potential.

My English Language Proficiency:
Have been studying English as a Medium of Instruction- 18 years. IELTS: Overall- 7.5 (Listening: 7.5, Reading: 8.5, Speaking: 7&Writing: 6.5)

Canada – Lambton College caught my interest because of the following reasons:
The country provides world-class education at an affordable cost when compared to other countries. Academic qualification and experience from a Canadian institution are considered highly prestigious across the globe.
It has been a favorite destination for many students from across the world since it is a very safe country with very low crime rate, immigrant friendly, cost of living is relatively less and people are very well natured. A large population of the country speaks English.
Community colleges in Canada are known for academic programs that are purely career oriented and industry endorsed with hands-on learning experience and hence the students hit the ground running.
Co-Op Programs a different concept which attracted me to opt for Canada, which is a kind of practical approach in the final semester and is more important to any student no matter of any group.
People get an opportunity to stay back for some time after graduation which gives them an opportunity to gain invaluable experience which is highly valued by employers.
Lambton College is known to be one of the best public funded community colleges in Canada, which is established in 1969, which has an employer satisfaction rate of 96.3%.
The college hosts labs equipped with the latest technology, project-based courses. Graduates of this program can learn the subjects like Big Data Strategies, Programming Java, Big Data Fundamentals - Data Storage Networking, Operating Systems Foundations, Networking Foundations, Big Data Strategies, Network Routing and Switching, Introduction to Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Capstone Project, Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing and an applied project.
Students have opportunity to gain an understanding of these cutting edge technologies and applications of cloud computing and its virtualization used in servers, desktops, embedded and mobile devices. Graduates of this program can hold plenty of opportunities for the careers like Hadoop developer, Hadoop Administrator, Data Engineer, Big Data Developer and Cloud Architect.

Future plans & Career Prospects:

India is a big IT hub for several globally recognized companies. The Big Data technology along with the Cloud Computing technology is in great demand in India. McKinsey estimates that India alone would need 2 lakhs data scientists, big data professionals and Cloud architects in the next few years.

After pursuing the Postgraduate diploma program, Cloud Computing for Big Data in Lambton College, as an individual I would be industry ready as a Cloud Data Engineer to tackle the Big Data and Cloud Computing problems as I had already acquired industry experience during my Co-op work term. I believe that, this program will improve my managerial skills, knowledge, and strengthen my fundamentals to make me eligible for playing a higher role, in any reputed organization, and provides me a wider career options throughout my lifetime.

Financial viability of my family:
I am very glad that I have enough financial and moral support of my parents to pursue further studies in Canada and they are very happy with my decision. As per the SDS rules I paid CAD XXX tuition fees for the entire FIRST YEAR and deposited CAD XXXX in the Bank of Nova Scotia as my first year living expenses. My father Mr.XXX earns an annual income of Rs.13,23,093/- per annum A apart from that father holds PF of Rs.13,55,043/- lakhs plus a savings of Rs. 1,00,000/ and I also has 1,00,000 savings in my account- which shows I have enough financial support for my study and stay in Canada. Beyond this we hold a House at XXXX and another House at XXXX which all together costs a market value of Rs. 1.0 crore. My family, therefore, financially had enough to sponsor my education and living expenses for the period of my study in Canada and is also well established in India.

May I therefore in the light of above information request you to kindly give merited consideration to my application and give me an opportunity to study the said program in Lambton College, Canada.
everything looks good. purpose of visit is a very vague reason. You should definitely get the gcms report to know the detailed refusal reason.

Chopra_P

Sep 27, 2019
If that's your utmost choice, sure. There are many others who got it on a third attempt. Do well to repackage your application well.
I have seen your advice many times and that too helpful. I also got 2 refusal 'purpose of visit'.
Can you tell me what additional docs except checklist need to add?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I have seen your advice many times and that too helpful. I also got 2 refusal 'purpose of visit'.
Can you tell me what additional docs except checklist need to add?
Sorry to hear about your refusal. The purpose of visit is very complex, its advisable to request for your gcms notes before thinking of reapplying so you can have better clarity on how to proceed.

Chopra_P

Sep 27, 2019
Sorry to hear about your refusal. The purpose of visit is very complex, its advisable to request for your gcms notes before thinking of reapplying so you can have better clarity on how to proceed.
Sure. I have applied for Caips notes and once i get then will ask for your suggestions. Thanks.