+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Even if you are traveling in more than 25 days they will ruin your travel day. if a person traveling in 35 days they will not finish his application also. not sure why on earth a passport application need to take 1 month and half it is just 10 papers you can read the info within 5 min and check the docs within another 5 min and go ahead approve or deny it will take 10-15 min to finish an application. they will tell COVID but COVID shit started 2 years ago not yesterday and they should not use this anymore as some new measures should be in place to avoid delays after two years.
Not sure if they will use the Convoy in Ottawa area now or bad weather.
It's definitely terrible; I met with people at my MPs office and explained my frustration and they were well aware. The problem is that an office like IIRC or passport Canada was never really set up to work remotely, and they had no infrastructure in place for it. So, during the time they transitioned over to make it possible to work remotely, they built up a huge backlog of work that they are still trying to sort through. Further, you factor in as well the difficulties in staffing that most workplaces are experiencing, and everything is just going slow and getting delayed.

As much as it sucks, I don't know that there's a solution to it. They aren't going to shortcut passport application reviews for obvious reasons. All I can say is if your passport is within 6 months of expiring, send in your renewal, and make it for 10 years. You'll feel better having it even if you have no travel planned.

franixsouq

Jun 20, 2014
Hi
I havent search any info about my question, just asking you guys right away,

I have to apply for my new born 1 month old and 2.5 year old passport , does both of my kids needs to get passport done?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi
I havent search any info about my question, just asking you guys right away,

I have to apply for my new born 1 month old and 2.5 year old passport , does both of my kids needs to get passport done?
If you're travelling outside of Canada, then they both need passports yes.

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
sent at the time of file submit
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
I sent my application on jan 19
Received jan 25
Cc Feb 7

Reactions: piti and M.Wagih

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please find my timelines below:

Mailed in : Jan 4 (from Brampton, ON)
Delivered : Jan 05 (at Gatineaux)
Passport Fee charged: Jan 12th
Citizenship certificate received back : 26 Jan
Passport received: Feb 02nd
Hi, thanks for sharing. Did they call your guarantor or references? Thanks.

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Anyone find it silly that as soon as you get the citizenship certificate, you have to mail it out again for the passport? All the while your PR card is cut into pieces. Surely there's a better way.

Wish they'd just send over the passport after the citizenship ceremony as proof of citizenship and for travel purposes. Wait so long for the certificate, then immediately you're mailing it out and waiting forever again for the passport. Sigh.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Anyone find it silly that as soon as you get the citizenship certificate, you have to mail it out again for the passport? All the while your PR card is cut into pieces. Surely there's a better way.

Wish they'd just send over the passport after the citizenship ceremony as proof of citizenship and for travel purposes. Wait so long for the certificate, then immediately you're mailing it out and waiting forever again for the passport. Sigh.
Yes that is the ugly situation now, i was worried about it as i did not wanted to send it by Canada post as i had a lot of bad bad bad experience with them but at the end there is no choice i received my certificate and i resend it back after 4 days with my passport application i put insurance on the mail and send it by express post with tracking and kept tracking it until delivered i applied for my passport since Jan 7th and i did not received it yet till now what a mess a real mess they blame COVID shit but covid started since two years not yesterday.

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
Seems like 20 business days aren't anything we can reply on now.
What’s the point of misleading people when they mention that if you are travelling after 25 days just mail in application. It’s so unprofessional to put others travel plans and money on risk

Reactions: yaacoub89

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Seems like 20 business days aren't anything we can reply on now.
Mailed in: Jan 4 (from Toronto, ON)
Passport Fee charged: Jan 22
Current Status: File in Examination (as of Feb 7)
Yes i am in same boat here applied by mail received Jan 7th and still no light in the end of tunnel what a huge mess they got right there! called them still in examination i have travel next week to the states by my own car