+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Just got my child's passport in the mail but yet to receive her original birth certificate back. Is that normal?

Timelines below:
Mailed in : Jan 10 (from Burlington, ON)
Delivered : Jan 12 (at Gatineaux)
Passport Fee charged: Jan 28th)
Passport received: Feb 03rd
Birth certificate not yet received.
I think it is normal yes you will received it soon get the tracker number from them.
I’m really frustrated i applied before you and these people still holding my application my docs delivered in 7th Jan.

Reactions: asing711

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
I think it is normal yes you will received it soon get the tracker number from them.
I’m really frustrated i applied before you and these people still holding my application my docs delivered in 7th Jan.
Thanks for the response and sorry to hear about your delays. The entire immigration/passport services mechanism seems to move in a disjointed and unpredictable manner. I'm personally 14 months in the the process of citizenship application and I can understand where you're coming from

Gorbv.01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
To those who applied for a passport: in the passport application, it says the following must be on the back of one photo:

1- photo studio address and date it was taken
2- The statement "I certify ..." by the guarantor
3- The guarantor's signature

Do all of these details must be on one photo, or I can have the studio details on one photo, and the guarantor's parts on another? The problem is the studio where I take my photos at stamps the back of the photo, and the stamp takes almost all the space, that there is no enough space for the other parts. Would it be acceptable to separate the details on two photos by stamping one photo only and keeping the back of the other blank for the guarantor's parts?
In fact there is a standard stamp for passports in photo studio, it has everything that you need, including studio contacts and wording already printed. The only thing you guarantor needs to do is to write your name and sign. There is enough place for this.

And yes, it SHOULD be on one photo, the same photo. It is clearly said in the instruction.
Because one photo will be on your passport and another (with these words) in your file.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
In fact there is a standard stamp for passports in photo studio, it has everything that you need, including studio contacts and working already printed. The only thing you guarantor needs to do is to write your name and sign. There is enough place for this.

And yes, it SHOULD be on one photo, the same photo. It is clearly said in the instruction.
Because one photo will be on your passport and another (with these words) in your file.
That makes sense. I will make sure of this when I take the photos. If they have a special stamp for the passport that includes all the parts needed on the back of the photo, that would solve the issue. When I took the photos for my PR card, the studio details covered almost the whole space. That's why I asked. Thanks

Gorbv.01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
That makes sense. I will make sure of this when I take the photos. If they have a special stamp for the passport that includes all the parts needed on the back of the photo, that would solve the issue. When I took the photos for my PR card, the studio details covered almost the whole space. That's why I asked. Thanks
I had my photos in Jean Coutu but I think that others should have the same, otherwise it would be close to impossible to write all these phrases in micro-font :) For the PR as far as I recall the only info were the contacts of the studio and the date being there.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I had my photos in Jean Coutu but I think that others should have the same, otherwise it would be close to impossible to write all these phrases in micro-font :) For the PR as far as I recall the only info were the contacts of the studio and the date being there.
Correct, but the stamp took the whole space. It includes studio details (street number, studio name, .. etc), and the date. Good I noticed this in advance so I can make sure there is enough space for all information needed.

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
Me too called them yesterday and they informed me that file is still under examination.

file sent 10 Jan
Received 12 Jan
credit card charged 26 Jan

Reactions: yaacoub89
Oct 30, 2021
Correct, but the stamp took the whole space. It includes studio details (street number, studio name, .. etc), and the date. Good I noticed this in advance so I can make sure there is enough space for all information needed.
When you let the photo place know its for CA passport specs they will put a stamp on the back of one which will provide their details, date and "I certify this is the true likeness of ...... signature ..... " which will without consent take up the whole space and this is accepted by the processing centres just fine as long as your name and guarantor's cig appears on that one. Leave the other photo clean as is.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
When you let the photo place know its for CA passport specs they will put a stamp on the back of one which will provide their details, date and "I certify this is the true likeness of ...... signature ..... " which will without consent take up the whole space and this is accepted by the processing centres just fine as long as your name and guarantor's cig appears on that one. Leave the other photo clean as is.
Thanks for confirming. I am relieved to know there is a special stamp for the passport photos. I was concerned

rajankb

Nov 7, 2021
Just got my child's passport in the mail but yet to receive her original birth certificate back. Is that normal?

Timelines below:
Mailed in : Jan 10 (from Burlington, ON)
Delivered : Jan 12 (at Gatineaux)
Passport Fee charged: Jan 28th)
Passport received: Feb 03rd
Birth certificate not yet received.
Congrats!! I mailed in my Daughter's application on 27th Dec, received at Gatineau on 31st Dec, Credit card charged on 7th Jan. no updates after that. Not sure in which order they process the applications.

Reactions: asing711

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Me too called them yesterday and they informed me that file is still under examination.

file sent 10 Jan
Received 12 Jan
Terrible wait, i have a to go to the states for 5 days mid Feb and these people now holding my application, they said if traveling for more than 25 days send it by mail ok i did it and sent it on 5th Jan and now they will delay my trip if they did not process it, like i know they do not care about anything but this is too much.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Congrats!! I mailed in my Daughter's application on 27th Dec, received at Gatineau on 31st Dec, Credit card charged on 7th Jan. no updates after that. Not sure in which order they process the applications.
you have to call them and just be strict and talk to a supervisor and if needed talk to your MP too.

file sent 10 Jan
Received 12 Jan
it is terrible wait i want to finish this you never know and trust their work maybe one month maybe two may more you never know maybe it lost and no one cares

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Hello, I submitted my application on Feb 2nd and it reached on Feb 3rd.. Any idea when they call the Guarantor and when they will charge the credit card? I have provided explanation letter to expedite the process since I need to travel,, Will it works?

Reactions: M.Wagih