+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Kekaritu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Hello, I submitted my application on Feb 2nd and it reached on Feb 3rd.. Any idea when they call the Guarantor and when they will charge the credit card? I have provided explanation letter to expedite the process since I need to travel,, Will it works?
They may not call the guarantor at all, they require to have one, but they rarely call them. My card was charged exactly 2 weeks after they received my file. Since my case is not urgent, I can’t tell you how fast it may be for you. Hopefully fast enough for your trip.

Reactions: ganeshac1985

Kekaritu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Are in-person applications for normal processing with appointment accepted by passport Canada (in Montreal)?
Check it on the official website canada.ca, they keep changing the rules depending on the situation with Covid. I don’t know how it is in Montreal, but in Toronto I couldn’t apply in-person 2 weeks ago due to my file not being urgent.

Reactions: CaBeaver

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
In fact there is a standard stamp for passports in photo studio, it has everything that you need, including studio contacts and wording already printed. The only thing you guarantor needs to do is to write your name and sign. There is enough place for this.

And yes, it SHOULD be on one photo, the same photo. It is clearly said in the instruction.
Because one photo will be on your passport and another (with these words) in your file.
I put the info at the back of both photos..do you think it could be an issue?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Check it on the official website canada.ca, they keep changing the rules depending on the situation with Covid. I don’t know how it is in Montreal, but in Toronto I couldn’t apply in-person 2 weeks ago due to my file not being urgent.
It seems the same for the Montreal office. Only if you travel in less than 25 business days with a proof you can apply in person, otherwise mail your application.

Reactions: Kekaritu

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Guys on the back of my photo for passport my guarantor signed but forgot to write my name! Picture is stamped by the studio is it gonna be an issue ?

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
1: Yes, you can mail all applications in one envelope. I had put each individual application in a separate packet and then labeled it. Then I had put all these separate packets into one envelope and that’s it.

I got a confirmation yesterday that our applications are complete and we should get our passports soon.

2: in my case, I used the same guarantor and references but I see no reason why anyone cannot use different (as long as each of the guarantor and reference that you use qualify respective requirements).

3: for the sake of extra caution, I had both photos stamped by the photo guy and signed by the guarantor. I didn’t want to take a risk of having applications returned back to us.

Hope this helps. Wish you all the best.
Did you put your name on the back of the photo too along with stamp and guarantor signature

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guys on the back of my photo for passport my guarantor signed but forgot to write my name! Picture is stamped by the studio is it gonna be an issue ?
Call them. They may return your application. It's a waiting game at the point if you already sent your application

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
It seems the same for the Montreal office. Only if you travel in less than 25 business days with a proof you can apply in person, otherwise mail your application.
Even if you are traveling in more than 25 days they will ruin your travel day. if a person traveling in 35 days they will not finish his application also. not sure why on earth a passport application need to take 1 month and half it is just 10 papers you can read the info within 5 min and check the docs within another 5 min and go ahead approve or deny it will take 10-15 min to finish an application. they will tell COVID but COVID shit started 2 years ago not yesterday and they should not use this anymore as some new measures should be in place to avoid delays after two years.
Not sure if they will use the Convoy in Ottawa area now or bad weather.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Even if you are traveling in more than 25 days they will ruin your travel day. if a person traveling in 35 days they will not finish his application.
I know someone who got their passport in less than two calendar weeks. They were travelling on Christmas, and I remember the agent told them no need to apply for express. I am not sure if they provided a proof of travel though. In-person applications seem to be faster, and more secure (no need to send your original citizenship certificate which could be lost or damaged in the mail, no signed copies of IDs ... etc).

Reactions: yaacoub89

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
I know someone who got their passport in less than two calendar weeks. They were travelling on Christmas, and I remember the agent told them no need to apply for express. I am not sure if they provided a proof of travel though. In-person applications seem to be faster, and more secure (no need to send your original citizenship certificate which could be lost or damaged in the mail, no signed copies of IDs ... etc).
Yes another person applied after me and get his passport before me by mail too, not sure why and how if it is urgent or no or traveling or no but this is a totally bad.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
anyone experienced this ?

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.