Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was really unprofessional that they got the address wrong! Luckily you were still able to collect it.
Agreed, for the same reason, I filled in the form on computer itself. The birth certificate had the right address but they made a typo in the passport address. the house number (19 instead of 79). This is one of the most important document and they just can't do these mistakes.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Hello,

I got my passport on monday. I have posted it to Gatineau, but my files have been sent to Saskatoon for processing and got certificates last week + passport on monday
Nice to hear i am still waiting for all this mess to end enjoy and happy for you. hopefully mine soon. by next week.

Gorbv.01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Same here , sent to Gatineau QC Thursday 13th after hours (Canada Post xpresspost ) , delivered Monday 17-th (with signature) to Ottawa ON, then "item rescheduled for delivery next business day" and next day, once again delivered with signature (same signature btw :) , once again to Ottawa ON.
Today i've noticed that early Friday (21st) (7:30) credit card was charged at Gatineau, so it seems that everything is delivered properly.
Am I right that they would send some tracking info for the followup ?
Or I need to request status via the form , otherwise I won't have any visibility on the progress ?
I have received today my passport and certificate by Canada Post courrier.
The passport is dated 31 Jan and sent from Gatineau yesterday at noon.

Kekaritu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Thank you for sharing. I sent my application on Jan 16 to Gatineau and the Canada Post tracker also shows that it’s been delivered to Ottawa.. It makes sense now, that their tracker is not accurate.
Got my credit card charged today by Varennes 2 Gatineau. Application mailed on Jan 16 and delivered on Jan 20. Card charged exactly 2 weeks after.

Reactions: Kornet

xieyixy1231

Jun 9, 2016
Got my credit card charged today by Varennes 2 Gatineau. Application mailed on Jan 16 and delivered on Jan 20. Card charged exactly 2 weeks after.
mine was charged 2 weeks + 1 day, perhaps because it was delivered on Friday afternoon which is a time they wanna do any work, so that doesn't really count.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
To those who applied for a passport: in the passport application, it says the following must be on the back of one photo:

1- photo studio address and date it was taken
2- The statement "I certify ..." by the guarantor
3- The guarantor's signature

Do all of these details must be on one photo, or I can have the studio details on one photo, and the guarantor's parts on another? The problem is the studio where I take my photos at stamps the back of the photo, and the stamp takes almost all the space, that there is no enough space for the other parts. Would it be acceptable to separate the details on two photos by stamping one photo only and keeping the back of the other blank for the guarantor's parts?

Reactions: yaacoub89

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
To those who applied for a passport: in the passport application, it says the following must be on the back of one photo:

1- photo studio address and date it was taken
2- The statement "I certify ..." by the guarantor
3- The guarantor's signature

Do all of these details must be on one photo, or I can have the studio details on one photo, and the guarantor's parts on another? The problem is the studio where I take my photos at stamps the back of the photo, and the stamp takes almost all the space, that there is no enough space for the other parts. Would it be acceptable to separate the details on two photos by stamping one photo only and keeping the back of the other blank for the guarantor's parts?
Yes all details needs to be on one photo back and no i do not recommend to do that the stamp of the photographer and the address and date with the true likeness and signature of the guarantor should be on the same photo, either try your best to write this is a true likeness and your name or tell the photographer to reprint a new ones and just tell him to leave you some space as i did i told him please keep a space for me i need to write something

Reactions: CaBeaver

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Just got my child's passport in the mail but yet to receive her original birth certificate back. Is that normal?

Timelines below:
Mailed in : Jan 10 (from Burlington, ON)
Delivered : Jan 12 (at Gatineaux)
Passport Fee charged: Jan 28th)
Passport received: Feb 03rd
Birth certificate not yet received.