Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Yes , your wife can be a guarantor.

Guarantor requirements for a regular (blue) passport submitted outside Canada
Your guarantor can be anyone who meets the basic guarantor requirements for a regular (blue) passport in Canada, including a family member or member of your household.

Basic requirements are :
Guarantor requirements for a regular (blue) passport submitted in Canada
Your guarantor must

• have known you for at least 2 years
    • If the guarantor is for your child’s passport, they must have known you for at least 2 years and must know of your child.
  • be available if we need to contact them
  • be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older
  • provide the information needed that’s in their passport
  • have been 16 years of age or older when they applied for their own passport
  • hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that, on the day you submit your application, is
    • expired for no more than 1 year, or
    • valid, meaning it isn’t or wasn’t
      • expired
      • damaged
      • inaccessible
      • suspended or revoked
      • reported lost or stolen
      • found and returned
      • destroyed by us
      • requested to be returned

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes. She can be. If she holds a Canadian passport, then she can. I signed as a guarantor in my wife's application. And it was accepted.
quoted for proof. I get that it can be confusing for some, but there’s nothing against family members or spouses being guarantors if they have a Canadian passport plus other requirements.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
quoted for proof. I get that it can be confusing for some, but there’s nothing against family members or spouses being guarantors if they have a Canadian passport plus other requirements.
I think the people who said otherwise were confused between the requirements for references and guarantors. Family members cannot be references but can be guarantors.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellaluna

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,,, Thank you so much for your previous suggestions. I just sent the application.. quick question.. how do we get the tracking and status of the application.. Do they email,?

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hi , Wanted to share the Timeline for my wife.
Application sent 14 Jun 21 UPS
Received: 15 Jun 21
CC Charged: 25 Jun 21

Status update query sent 22 Jun - no response recived yet.
Hoping to recive everything next week... inshallah...

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hi,

I saw some posts suggesting to send a copy of the health card with the passport application, isn't driver's licence enough?

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Hi,

I saw some posts suggesting to send a copy of the health card with the passport application, isn't driver's licence enough?
Copy of driver's license should be fine. Not all have drivers license though.

I would still suggest to send certified copies of two identity documents (guarantor certifies them).

i) Health card or drivers license
ii) Foreign passport (even if expired)

Reactions: varlam and Bachar

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hi,
My guarantor is travelling inside Canada, and I want him to sign the application before he leaves.
Is it accepted that the guarantor signs the application a week before sending it to IRCC?

Thanks

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
from reading a few posts here and on Facebook it looks like they take 20-35days
Approximately a month for the whole process is what I've noticed too. I was wondering if there's a passport Google Sheets tracker (like the citizenship one) that might have the latest crowdsourced timeline of stages (reference calls, credit card charged, certificate received, passport received, etc.). I guess passports were issued too quickly(in a few days) before the pandemic, to need such a tracker.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Approximately a month for the whole process is what I've noticed too. I was wondering if there's a passport Google Sheets tracker (like the citizenship one) that might have the latest crowdsourced timeline of stages (reference calls, credit card charged, certificate received, passport received, etc.). I guess passports were issued too quickly(in a few days) before the pandemic, to need such a tracker.
It'd probably be a good idea to create one if it isn't there already.

Reactions: Tess90 and varlam

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Final Update in red. Application for two sent through Canada Xpress-post. Location GTA (east):

PP App Sent: 1-Jun
PP App Delivered: 2-Jun (tracking shows delivered to Ottawa, even though address provided was for Gatineau)
CC charged: 8-Jun
PP Mailed: 16-Jun
Delivery notice: 17-Jun (checked at 5PM, lady said not there yet and they close at 6PM)
PP picked up: 18-Jun (in Canada Xpresspost envelope, Citizenship certificate was flat inside the box, just like we sent it)

Passport & citizenship certificate were in same envelope.
Hi. If you use Canada Post's Express Post, which address should you send the application package to? Thanks!