Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

w.jiang

Nov 19, 2017
toronto
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I did. You have to find 2 more references and a notary, it really sucks. However, they didn't call the references from that form, they just called the references from the main passport application.
a notary? for what?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Do you know what is the Express Service timeline for a new passport from Toronto - Victoria Passport office?
If you need your passport faster, you may be able to get one of these services: urgent pick-up (by end of next business day) express pick-up (2 to 9 business days)
emergency weekend or statutory holiday service all this work in person only

Reactions: Tsteaphen

maverick_bigapple

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hi All,

I'm looking to mail out my passport application from the US, and have few questions -
(i) For the Guarantor section, does it need to be filled out by a Canadian citizen in the US, or can I apply with a guarantor that is based out of Canada?
(ii) Is the fee (CAD 260) charged on the date the application is processed by them, or when the passport is printed/ready to be mailed out?
(iii) What mailing address do you mail out the application to -
Passport Program
Gatineau QC K1A 0G3
Canada

OR

Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau QC J8T 8R1
Canada

(iv) Did you receive the original citizenship certificate in the same package as the Passport?
(v) Are the documents mailed out via overnight delivery service (FedEx, UPS, et al), and is there a means to track the documents?
(vi) Any other details to be aware of before I mail out the application?

@lechunayar @vir03 @bluecheese123 please feel free to chime in.

Many thanks!
NK

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Any more recent data points, or is everyone going to the offices these days? Actually surprised the mail-in times seem faster than what I expected.

got back citizenship certificate a few days ago, maybe about a week after mailing in. CC was charged a few days after delivery.

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Hello, has anyone experienced this?, any advice would be appreciated.

I applied for me and family in-mail, during the first week of Jan.

2 of my kids have citizenship certificates
1 child was born in Canada

I received a call to verify few information about 2 weeks ago and when I asked about the application of my child who was born here, the officer said it’s perhaps with another officer.

Few days later my card was debited for all of us except 1 application.

So waited few days and called them back last Monday to check the status of my last child application and I was told that I will be contacted to verify few details. (Nothing yet). Has anyone experienced this?

thank you in advance
If I may ask, why did they call you? What details did they want to verify ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Any more recent data points, or is everyone going to the offices these days? Actually surprised the mail-in times seem faster than what I expected.

got back citizenship certificate a few days ago, maybe about a week after mailing in. CC was charged a few days after delivery.
Takes less than 3 weeks from the GTA. I was the guarantor and was not contacted.

Reactions: Tsteaphen

Nov 28, 2022
normal service canada (no passport office) passport time 3 weeks all included
2 weeks until print
2 days mail time

doiena

Dec 10, 2021
Hi All,

I'm looking to mail out my passport application from the US, and have few questions -
(i) For the Guarantor section, does it need to be filled out by a Canadian citizen in the US, or can I apply with a guarantor that is based out of Canada?
(ii) Is the fee (CAD 260) charged on the date the application is processed by them, or when the passport is printed/ready to be mailed out?
(iii) What mailing address do you mail out the application to -
Passport Program
Gatineau QC K1A 0G3
Canada

OR

Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau QC J8T 8R1
Canada

(iv) Did you receive the original citizenship certificate in the same package as the Passport?
(v) Are the documents mailed out via overnight delivery service (FedEx, UPS, et al), and is there a means to track the documents?
(vi) Any other details to be aware of before I mail out the application?

@lechunayar @vir03 @bluecheese123 please feel free to chime in.

Many thanks!
NK
(i) yes.
(ii) when application is processed
(iii) "By mail" vs "By courier".
(iv) yes.
(v) Mine was FedEx. no tracking.
(vi) You can find the answers to question (i) and (iii) easily from the website or from the application form.

Tsteaphen

Aug 16, 2018
Do you know what is the Express Service timeline for a new passport from Toronto - Victoria Passport office?
As of 6th March 2023 Passport Office, Victoria St. Toronto, the timeline is as below
* Urgent - 1 day turnaround
* Express - 5 day turnaround
* Normal - 10 day turnaround

you can do a walk-in ( 1-2hrs wait time) and pickup your passport from the same office.

Reactions: maverick_bigapple

bakkad2

Apr 8, 2018
My Canadian immigration journey came to an end yesterday.
Passport application sent from US.
Reached on - 2/18
Money debited - 2/20
Passport and certificate received together - 3/9

Received via overnight Fedex.
Thanks everyone on this forum and good luck. Time to sign out :).

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
Guys, I completed my Oath and am waiting for the Certs to arrive. We are a family of 3 with one kid and live in Milton, ON. What is the best way to apply for a passport? Online or Branch? and what is the recommended passport duration? 5yrs or 10yrs? Any advice will be helpful before i proceed with the application process

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
Guys, I completed my Oath and am waiting for the Certs to arrive. We are a family of 3 with one kid and live in Milton, ON. What is the best way to apply for a passport? Online or Branch? and what is the recommended passport duration? 5yrs or 10yrs? Any advice will be helpful before i proceed with the application process
By mail if you don't have time to go to the passport office... I didn't do passport office because it kind of requires to arrive early enough and to spend a few hours there (Vancouver, BC).

Some reasons to do 5 years:
- you don't think you'll need it after (reasons not to leave Canada, or illness, or death, etc)
- photo or information might become outdated after 5 years (aging, aesthetic surgery, name change, gender change, etc)
- you're very very short on cash (5 years is a bit less expensive than 10)
- there's a good chance your passport will be lost (or misplaced) or destroyed within the first 5 years

I would probably never choose 5 years if I can choose 10 years (except if somehow I knew I wouldn't need it anymore after 5 years).

---
my timeline (it's a first passport, not a renewal)
- application by mail sent by CP on Feb 27th
- delivered on Mar 2nd
- CC charged March 6th
- returned documents sent Mar 15th, delivered Mar 17th
- waiting for passport...

Reactions: infidel