+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Hello, anyone mailed application from the U.S recently? How many days after CC charged can we expect the certificate to be mailed back? Once that is done, can we expect the passport to be approved in a few days?
I applied from US and it was delivered on December 21 2022. CC not yet charged. When did you apply?

Bahrain

Dec 23, 2014
Hello Members,

I applied passport for our family of three (me, my spouse and daughter) on Dec 16 and got our passport o Dec 30 (me and my wife). However I did not receive passport for my daughter. Has anyone experienced such before? Not sure if i need to contact passport office.

Thank you.

henrygormane

May 6, 2016
Hello Members,

I applied passport for our family of three (me, my spouse and daughter) on Dec 16 and got our passport o Dec 30 (me and my wife). However I did not receive passport for my daughter. Has anyone experienced such before? Not sure if i need to contact passport office.

Thank you.
Was this a normal or expedited processing? Mailed in or at the passport office?

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
My "Canadian Dream" journey is finally completed today. Started the journey with FSW PR in 2015.
Passport timeline:
  • Passport application sent from the US and delivered to Gatineau on Dec 19th 2022
  • Credit Card Charged on Dec 21st 2022
  • Passport printed on Dec 30th 2022
  • Passport delivered to the US via FedEx on Jan 4th 2023 (Still waiting on the Certificate and original IDs we sent, maybe they will come in a separate mail?)
Extremely thanks to several key members of this forum who helped navigate the entire process and extremely helpful suggestions. Good luck all!

ashraf09

Oct 4, 2015
Guys can you please suggest if is it better to apply for my passport (first time) through Mail in application or through in-person? I will be applying soon and currently residing in Vancouver. I don't mind applying through either, just want to know which one is quicker.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Guys can you please suggest if is it better to apply for my passport (first time) through Mail in application or through in-person? I will be applying soon and currently residing in Vancouver. I don't mind applying through either, just want to know which one is quicker.
in person is safe side you can keep your original ,if you have no rush just apply standard application passport ready 10 to 15 working day

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, while filling the application form, when I have to list the addresses for last 2 years, I'm facing issues when trying to put Indian address. I have lived in India and Canada in the last 2 years. So I'm trying to give my Indian address where I stayed but it is giving error message for Indian postal code, it is not taking the Indian province name, has limited characters for street name and apartment.

In addition, for addresses, it has only 2 sections on original application form and 3 sections on PPTC 056, which is a form if someone has more addresses.

I want to ask if I'm supposed to list only Canadian addresses and do I have to list all the addresses in a consecutive order?

Similarly, even for occupation, it has only 4 sections in original application form and 5 sections in PPTC 056 form. So do I have to put what I haven't been doing in the last 2 years in a consecutive order. I mean what if all the dates don't fit in the form, including PPTC 056?

As I'm planning to fill out the form tomorrow, I request someone who has already gone through the process to please respond to my queries before tomorrow.

olayidedee

Jan 7, 2022
Child's first-time passport

Sent via Xpress post: Dec 9
Application delivered: Dec 12
Credit card charged: Dec 21
Passport delivered: Jan 5

The birth certificate is yet to be received, however, when I called to ask about it, I was given tracking information for it (delivery should be 3 business days after the passport was delivered)

Otakukid

Mar 26, 2014
British Columbia
So close to finally having my Canadian passport I’m hoping…

App sent Jul 18
App delivered Jul 20
=nothing for couplemonths=

Called mid September - in process, nothing new
-
Called start November - in process but person on the line noticed someone put my birthplace as Hong Kong, Canada.. accidentally (SMH). Got it corrected
-
Dec 30 - CC finally charged
Jan 5 - Citizenship Certificate received back