+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
Got passport for 3 persons under 9 business days
Applied on March 13 at Whitby , Ontario by person
received passport on Mar 23 morning by post
What doecuments do we need to submit for this requirement?
  • any valid Canadian passport or other travel document (refugee travel document or certificate of identity) issued to you
We are new citizens so the PR cards are cut. What could be a valid document here?

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
  • any valid Canadian passport or other travel document (refugee travel document or certificate of identity) issued to you
We are new citizens so the PR cards are cut. What could be a valid document here?
For that part, since you have never had any, you don’t provide any.

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
this doesn't applies to you , only if you are renewing you need to provide old passport

bakkad2

Apr 8, 2018
Folks who are in US on Visa and became Canadian citizens while staying in US, how did you declare to USCIS about your Canadian citizenship?

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
my timeline (it's a first passport, not a renewal)
- application by mail sent by Canada Post on Feb 27th
- delivered on Mar 2nd
- CC charged March 6th
- additional documents sent Mar 15th, delivered Mar 17th
- passport issued Apr 7th
- passport sent Apr 11th from Ottawa ON
- passport delivered Apr 14th in Vancouver BC

Snachar

Oct 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-09-2018
my timeline (it's a first passport, not a renewal)
- application by mail sent by Canada Post on Feb 27th
- delivered on Mar 2nd
- CC charged March 6th
- additional documents sent Mar 15th, delivered Mar 17th
- passport issued Apr 7th
- passport sent Apr 11th from Ottawa ON
- passport delivered Apr 14th in Vancouver BC
Is passport mailed to mailbox or do they leave a note to pick up at canada post?

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
Is passport mailed to mailbox or do they leave a note to pick up at canada post?
A signature is required. So if you’re not there to sign when they attempt delivery, you’ll have a notice to go to your local post office for pick up.

Snachar

Oct 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-09-2018
A signature is required. So if you’re not there to sign when they attempt delivery, you’ll have a notice to go to your local post office for pick up.
Thanks.

i am worried that i will be in another province for work when i receive the passport and i want to check if my husband or sister(both having same mailing address on their ID) can pick it up from canada post or sign when receiving the application.

Is that possible in case I was not at my mailing address during the delivery?

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks.

i am worried that i will be in another province for work when i receive the passport and i want to check if my husband or sister(both having same mailing address on their ID) can pick it up from canada post or sign when receiving the application.

Is that possible in case I was not at my mailing address during the delivery?
It should be OK.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/receiving/mail-delivery/what-id-is-required-to-pick-up-mail-at-the-post-office

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Hello Guys, my oath done and have citizenship certificate didn't apply for passport yet..came USA for 2 weeks can I come back Canada by road using citizenship certificate/co pr?

Sara2022

Aug 31, 2022
Hello Guys, my oath done and have citizenship certificate didn't apply for passport yet..came USA for 2 weeks can I come back Canada by road using citizenship certificate/co pr?
Congrats ! Was your oath online or in-person ? Did you get the certificate the same day ?