+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
i also have a similar story... applied on 30th march in service canada and still nothing.
I think the ones who applied in last week of March and first week of April whether mail-in or Service Canada, are stuck for now. The ones before and after these dates are getting their passports.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I think the ones who applied in last week of March and first week of April whether mail-in or Service Canada, are stuck for now. The ones before and after these dates are getting their passports.
seems so, this is really sad, from one queue to another queue this wait is never ending! I need to get india entry visa to after this. Stuck here. :(

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Does anyone know if the complaint system works? My wife applied in person at service Canada back in 7th of March and she still hasn't got the passport. She called them 2 weeks ago and they said it was approved and waiting to be printed, still nothing...

So I'm thinking to file a complaint, just wondering if anyone has used the complaint system before and whether they actually check it or not?

Thanks!

Schmeeberry

Jun 5, 2022
I have been told by an agent on the phone that an agent at a regional passport office cannot transfer the file over to the local office, that calling the phone line is the only way to get a transfer. Is this true??

eleganceheart

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25th August 2014
Doc's Request.
April 30 2015
AOR Received.
PER:12th December 2014
IELTS Request
ALREADY SENT
File Transfer...
December 12 2014
Med's Request
26th April 2016
Med's Done....
5th june 2016,11 june 2016 medical results have been received
Interview........
26th January 2015
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 15th of june 2016 passport request :16 th june 2016 Decision made on 20 june 2016.Passport submission on:19th june 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16TH JUNE 2016 PASSPORT SENT:19TH JUNE 2016,RECEIVED DATE:28TH JUNE 2016
LANDED..........
26th August 2016
Reactions: citipass

RKARIM

Jun 27, 2022
Contacted my MP's office to get in touch with Passport Canada. The MP representative came back with an update that the passport had been mailed out and provided me with the tracking number. I checked the tracking number and it was created on 10th June (Friday) and mailed out from Ottawa. The notice left today (13th June). So from the time they mail it takes 1-2 business days for folks to get it, granted I live in Ontario itself.

My timeline is:
Passport Application mailed to Gatineau, QC: 23rd March
Credit card charged: 20th April
Passport mailed out: 10th June
Notice for passport delivery left: 13th June
Passport collected: 14th June

RKARIM

Jun 27, 2022
hi can you share the MP office you called. I waiting for the passport submitted on April 29 and CC has not been charged yet. Trying to get in touch with them to know the status of my application. there is no word at all from them.

Last edited:

RKARIM

Jun 27, 2022
It might got lost. Are you renewing or new application? try the payment line give them the name of the child they should know
I am also in the same situation. applied for renewal on Aril 27 and mailed delivered to them on April 29. since then haven't heard a word neither my CC has been charged. can you please share the payement line contact number. thanks

RKARIM

Jun 27, 2022
I called payment line and said I wanted to make sure card number was correct as I hadn't been charged yet. He took my card details again just in case but said my file hadn't been looked at by a passport officer yet. My travel date is July 20th and he said call back two weeks before to see where it's at.
hi can you please share the payment line contact number... thanks a bunch

Chir2022

Jun 29, 2022
Here is my timeline:

Travel Date is July 3, 2022

March 30: Appointment at Service Ontario in Ajax (Durham region) for my kids’ passport.
It’s June and I was nervous that I do not have my passportI phoned the 1 (800) 567-6868. I phoned 257 times before getting through, and 250 calls ahead of me. They advised me to phone on

June 16: exactly ten business days before date of travel to request a file transfer. I did exactly that. Got through after another 200 times. They did the file transfer to Scarborough location. And to wait for their call to let me know pick up date.

June 24: No calls from Scarborough passport office.

***On Saturday, my gut told me to get new photos and filled out new applications***

June 27: Decided to camp out. Arrived there at 1:30 AM and I was seventeenth in line. First ones were there 6PM the night before. Doors opened at 8:30 AM and the security guard was giving the tickets, and asked for our proof of travel. Lined up and finally spoke to the officer who took our File numbers and said that nothing have been scanned on their end. So he had to restart new applications and took our photos. Thank goodness I was proactive and prepared. He gave a receipt with a pick up date: Wed June 28 after 12 noon.

June 29: Lined up to pick up passports (waited in line 1.15 hours). And I now have them in my hands. Finally! On vacation mode. We are so happy!