+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Has anyone got a template letter to contact an MP?
There is no template, just send them the email explaining situation, not all MP's are willing to help, my MP's secretary for example just told me to either book a refundable ticket or just book a hotel in Seattle & line up in the morning, all this information I already knew from this forum. I didn't had much success with them for my citizenship delays also as they were just telling me the same information I knew by talking to agents, the situation is getting much worse in the sense that Passport Canada is prioritizing people who have urgent needs, so people like us who listened to them and made late travel plans keeping buffers for passport services are the losers in this ordeal. I have a plan to go to India and would like to get OCI but when I tried explaining that to the agent on phone they said you can try to stand in line with this explanation may be they will entertain this reason, overall unless you don't want to fill in another application there is nothing anybody can or is willing to do.

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
Yeah! You will understand my situation. Applying for visa or OCI (only after getting this passport)
Did you surrender your Indian passport? Did BLS accept your application without a copy of Canadian passport and original citizenship certificate?

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
My question is for Indian passport holders. Were you able to surrender Indian passport without a copy of Canadian passport?
If you submitted the application in person, did they accept your application without original citizenship certificate and Canadian passport?

I haven't been back home since 4yrs due to various reasons (personal and pandemic). I am waiting for Canadian passport since April.

Location: I sent the application via express mail Canada Post
Application sent date: April 14, 2022
Application delivered: April 19, 2022
Destination address: 22 De Varennes St Gatineau, QC, J8T 8R1
Credit card charged: May 9, 2022

I am unable to reach an agent on the toll free but was able to connect with payments line. The agent shared the file# and said the file is yet to be assigned to an officer but he also said it's just pending print. That was 3 weeks ago. Very confusing message.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
My question is for Indian passport holders. Were you able to surrender Indian passport without a copy of Canadian passport?
If you submitted the application in person, did they accept your application without original citizenship certificate and Canadian passport?

I haven't been back home since 4yrs due to various reasons (personal and pandemic). I am waiting for Canadian passport since April.

Location: I sent the application via express mail Canada Post
Application sent date: April 14, 2022
Application delivered: April 19, 2022
Destination address: 22 De Varennes St Gatineau, QC, J8T 8R1
Credit card charged: May 9, 2022

I am unable to reach an agent on the toll free but was able to connect with payments line. The agent shared the file# and said the file is yet to be assigned to an officer but he also said it's just pending print. That was 3 weeks ago. Very confusing message.
You can surrender your Indian Passport without a Canadian
you need to just give a letter that you don't have a Canadian passport to surrender
Also do a postal application, they charge CAD 75 or so for 2 way courier, but you have to give copies of docs no originals are needed except original Indian passport

Call BLS they will tell you whats needed and generate a purolator label for you for postal application

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
You can surrender your Indian Passport without a Canadian
you need to just give a letter that you don't have a Canadian passport to surrender
Also do a postal application, they charge CAD 75 or so for 2 way courier, but you have to give copies of docs no originals are needed except original Indian passport

Call BLS they will tell you whats needed and generate a purolator label for you for postal application
Thanks
A BLS agent told me that I need to submit my Canadian passport copy as well. It's mandatory. I will submit my application soon then. Thanks again.

ggp25

Feb 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
March 17,2022-Application sent via ups courier
March 18,2022- received in Gatineau office
April 25, 2022- Sent 1st request update form online- no response
May 2, 2022- sent 2nd request update form online- no response
May 4, 2022- called passport office- application with file number but haven't reviewed by an officer yet according to agent. To follow up after 2 weeks, also advised to call a different number for cc charge since i was worried my card wasn't charge yet
May 5, 2022- credit card department called ,gave file number,verified, and cc charge directly during call.
May 12, 2022- called 1800 number and said picture with missing guarantor’s signature. I told the agent i provided 2 copies, uploaded the 1 without signature
May 19,2022- Email received from ESDC regarding passport update request sent on April 14,2022, file is in examination
June 9, 2022- called 1800 number for an update, agent said found picture with guarantor’s signature, to callback in 2 weeks
June 21,2022- Email received from ESDC regarding passport update request sent on May 1,2022, file is in examination
June 29, 2022- called 1800, agent told me to give direct phone number ( i cannot disclose) to guarantor for verification. My Guarantor called the same day, verified, said to call back if passport not receive in a week. Reason they needed to verify according to my guarantor was my picture has no date of my guarantor’s signature. I must have forgotten since picture already have printed date taken from photo studio.

waiting to receive passport

nosferatos

Oct 16, 2015
Received passports today.
Timeline:
March 28, 2022 - Application mailed to Gatineau office from Mississauga. Passports for 2 adults and 1 infant.
April 1, 2022 - Applications delivered.
May, 2022 - CC charged.
June 30, 2022 - Passports and all original documents in hand. Found three slips in our mailbox, they were delivered on June 27/28, 2022.

No travel date.

Overall, it took 3 months to get our passports in hand. Did not make any calls, or submit any web forms.

Phew!

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Finally the wait is over

Single
Mail in to Gatineau,QC
Delivered Mar 29
CC charged: Apr 16
Application Delivered: 29th June, 2022

Been a long journey from applying for the citizenship to getting the passport. Thank you all for your help!
Really Good News. At last the things are moving for 31 st March applicants. great. Congratulations

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Received passports today.
Timeline:
March 28, 2022 - Application mailed to Gatineau office from Mississauga. Passports for 2 adults and 1 infant.
April 1, 2022 - Applications delivered.
May, 2022 - CC charged.
June 30, 2022 - Passports and all original documents in hand. Found three slips in our mailbox, they were delivered on June 27/28, 2022.

No travel date.

Overall, it took 3 months to get our passports in hand. Did not make any calls, or submit any web forms.

Phew!
Congrats. So the things have started moving.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Reason they needed to verify according to my guarantor was my picture has no date of my guarantor’s signature. I must have forgotten since picture already have printed date taken from photo studio.
My picture only has the printed date from the photo studio stamp. I submitted my application in person at a Service Canada office, the person who checked my documents didn’t mention anything about needing a second date next to the guarantor’s signature. I wonder if this is a common issue that can delay our applications.

Reactions: citipass

kosli

Jun 30, 2022
Passport renewal from US.

Application sent - March 22
CC charge - Apr 2
Passport and certificate received - Jun 30.
Total - 100 days

FedEx delivered the passport and certificate without any notification.

JuliaK

Jun 22, 2022
Does anyone know if the complaint system works? My wife applied in person at service Canada back in 7th of March and she still hasn't got the passport. She called them 2 weeks ago and they said it was approved and waiting to be printed, still nothing...

So I'm thinking to file a complaint, just wondering if anyone has used the complaint system before and whether they actually check it or not?

Thanks!
I filed a complaint a month ago and never heard back.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
My picture only has the printed date from the photo studio stamp. I submitted my application in person at a Service Canada office, the person who checked my documents didn’t mention anything about needing a second date next to the guarantor’s signature. I wonder if this is a common issue that can delay our applications.
Exactly. Here's the application instructions:

In addition, your guarantor must
  • write on the back of 1 of the passport photos “I certify this to be a true likeness of (your name or the child’s name)”
    • They must also sign the back of the same photo.
  • for an adult application, sign and date the photocopies of each supporting identification document (ID)you submit to confirm your identity
    • This only applies to photocopies of ID and is not needed if you submit original documents

No mention of sign and date on the passport photo only the ID photocopies.

Reactions: citipass