+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Call center said the application was "under examination". How close is that to the finish line? No calls have been made to the references or guarantor.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
My picture only has the printed date from the photo studio stamp. I submitted my application in person at a Service Canada office, the person who checked my documents didn’t mention anything about needing a second date next to the guarantor’s signature. I wonder if this is a common issue that can delay our applications.
I applied by mail and my picture also had the date printed by the photo studio. The guarantor just wrote my name and signed. I dont think there is a need to have a hand written date on picture.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
hey guys,

app delivered - April 1st to Quebec, phoned call center today, they told me that they don't know when passport is going to be ready, might take even 2+ more months, such a joke hahahahaha :p :p :p
Same thing for many of us here - 4 months for me

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
hey guys,

app delivered - April 1st to Quebec, phoned call center today, they told me that they don't know when passport is going to be ready, might take even 2+ more months, such a joke hahahahaha :p :p :p
Did you not say that the standard time is 9 weeks, how it could be two more months?

Reactions: BenLinus6

omgjvill

May 26, 2022
So I just called in and got a hold of someone, the lady on the phone told me that my child's passport is in production so she's guessing I should expect the pp within 2 weeks. I'll believe it when I receive it lol.

I'll update my timeline once I receive the passport, but here's my timeline for those following this thread.

- Application Sent: April 23, 2022 from BC
- Application Delivered: April 27, 2022 to Mississauga
- Travel Date: August 20, 2022
- CC Charged: June 28, 2022
Received my child’s birth certificate so I’m guessing the passport will likely come in next week.

- Birth Certificate received: June 30, 2022

sadek123

Mar 9, 2021
I applied in person at Service Canada, Mississauga on April 7th 2022 without any expedited requests as I don't have any travel plans. But, I didn't get back anything yet, it's almost 3 months now. Should I contact them or wait patiently., Please advise.
Same situation like you. I applied on April 6 2022 in person at Service Canada Oshawa. I didn't receive yet the passport.

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Received my child’s birth certificate so I’m guessing the passport will likely come in next week.

- Birth Certificate received: June 30, 2022
Congrats! At the time when you applied for your passport, did you tell them you're traveling in August? I'm asking to see how they deal with travel dates over 45 days.

Idilia555

Jun 14, 2021
Hello, I am new here and I am lost with all this mess with passport applications. I applied for passport with no travel dates on June 30 at Service Canada in Edmonton. Does it mean that they will send my application to Gatineau office for mailed applications since it is not a priority? Expected mail out date is August 28 but I do not believe that it will be true since I see that some people in this thread wait for more than 3 months! This is ridiculous, it should not take so long even if I did not have travel dates at time of the appointment. Is there is any chance that if I will have travel tickets in 45 business days ahead can I call to 800 567 6868 general line and ask to transfer my file to my local passport office in Edmonton from Gatineau? Can you please confirm that I do understand the process correctly?

Last edited:

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
Hello, I am new here and I am lost with all this mess with passport applications. I applied for passport with no travel days on June 30 at Service Canada in Edmonton. Does it mean that they will send my application to Gatineau office for mailed applications since it is not a priority? Expected mail out date is August 28 but I do not believe that it will be true since I see that some people in this thread wait for more than 3 months! This is ridiculous, it should not take so long even if I did not have travel dates at time of the appointment. Is there is any chance that if I will have travel tickets in 45 business days ahead can I call to 800 567 6868 general line and ask to transfer my file to my local passport office in Edmonton from Gatineau? Can you please confirm that I do understand the process correctly?
Nowadays, one can only hope to get their passport within the Service Canada processing times. Transfer to local passport office is not guaranteed. The agent will be upfront about that. It's a gamble at that point. And you can only do this if you're within 10 business days of travel date. They will ask for proof of travel.

Last edited:

manik1196

May 10, 2016
Hi guys how can I contact or find out status of application. I applied on may 04 at service Canada location in Milton and since the haven't heard anything;. what will be the best time to contact customer service. also i there a way to track it online. Thanks

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I mailed family applications on Jun 23 and it got delivered on June 27th.
What's the regular total processing time for a Canadian passport?

I have my travel planned for Aug 30 so I just wanted to know when I can expect to receive our passports.