+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Apr 4, 2022
I called the 6868 number and the operator said it's been printed today - expect 1 week for delivery and will receive the passport within 2 weeks max.

I've been calling them once a week since 2 weeks ago and this time the answer is different. Not a bad sign.
was your gurantor ever contacted?

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
hey guys,

app delivered April 1st

just phoned them today again (regarding missed call on Saturday), started calling at 7.30am, before me was only 2 calls, after 15 min there was nobody (so basically automated messaged was saying that they are free to pick up the phone), so I had to wait 1 hour till somebody picked the phone (repeating the same message that they are free), the issue was that I need to resend copies of my IDs signed again lol they gave me their fax number and that's pretty much it. I asked when I can get my passport, the answer was 2-2+ months, IRCC is a joke. By the way, here is a number: 18445339201
Why are they asking for copies of IDs again? did the lost it? or was there anything missing?

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its been 3+ months for my application, called them yesterday, still no progress, they have no date to tell me when can I expect to get my passport, its crazy even third world countries have better service.

ggp25

Feb 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
March 17,2022-Application sent via ups courier
March 18,2022- received in Gatineau office
April 25, 2022- Sent 1st request update form online- no response
May 2, 2022- sent 2nd request update form online- no response
May 4, 2022- called passport office- application with file number but haven't reviewed by an officer yet according to agent. To follow up after 2 weeks, also advised to call a different number for cc charge since i was worried my card wasn't charge yet
May 5, 2022- credit card department called ,gave file number,verified, and cc charge directly during call.
May 12, 2022- called 1800 number and said picture with missing guarantor’s signature. I told the agent i provided 2 copies, uploaded the 1 without signature
May 19,2022- Email received from ESDC regarding passport update request sent on April 14,2022, file is in examination
June 9, 2022- called 1800 number for an update, agent said found picture with guarantor’s signature, to callback in 2 weeks
June 21,2022- Email received from ESDC regarding passport update request sent on May 1,2022, file is in examination
June 29, 2022- called 1800, agent told me to give direct phone number ( i cannot disclose) to guarantor for verification. My Guarantor called the same day, verified, said to call back if passport not receive in a week. Reason they needed to verify according to my guarantor was my picture has no date of my guarantor’s signature. I must have forgotten since picture already have printed date taken from photo studio.
July 5,2022- called 1800, spoke to representative and said my file is still under examination. To call back in the month of August.

I am literally done with the follow ups and not waste my time and energy with this process.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
HI Guys,

I called passport offcie yesterday and they told me that my passport is under production, does that mean its in a queue for printing.
I applied on 31st March in person at service canada.

omgjvill

May 26, 2022
HI Guys,

I called passport offcie yesterday and they told me that my passport is under production, does that mean its in a queue for printing.
I applied on 31st March in person at service canada.
Yes, it should be in queue for printing and you should receiving it soon. When I called last week they told me the same thing and then I received my child's passport yesterday.