Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Its pathetic it takes 4 months for a passport for Canada.
Some poor/developing countries can even process and deliver renewals of their natuonals passports to Canada within 2-3 weeks by dhl….

is the govt even seriously doing anything about the backlog? Do they want ppl to even travel?

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Have to travel in 10 days, and can't get through at all on the line. Last week I called and after 2 hrs of wait, the agent said that a decision has not been made and to call back this week to request a transfer. The line hangs up and I don't even have my original certificate. Don't know what to do...

App delivered: Apr 26th to Gatineau, QC. CC charged: May 26th

salmanma

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018
Have to travel in 10 days, and can't get through at all on the line. Last week I called and after 2 hrs of wait, the agent said that a decision has not been made and to call back this week to request a transfer. The line hangs up and I don't even have my original certificate. Don't know what to do...

App delivered: Apr 26th to Gatineau, QC. CC charged: May 26th
if you are around GTA area, I would suggest to go Brampton Passport Office on Gillingham dr. Make sure to print all your documents again, just in case they want you to submit a new application (you can explain them you have already sent the originals by mail and you can't get through to the agent over the phone).

If you have scanned copy of the certificate, print that as well, you never know they might accept that.

I would suggest to go to Brampton location around 2-3PM. I took my brother to Brampton location on a Friday around 3:20PMEST, there were only 15 people in line and he got inside, he was the last person in line. Do note that Brampton location stops accepting people at 4:00PM.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Hypatia

bishibashi

Jun 21, 2022
Just found out about an automatic tracking service provided by Canada Post (need to sign up online and personally turn on this service). It tracks any packages matching your name and delivery address and it'll automatically appear on your tracklist without a tracking number.

I just turned it on. We'll see if it tracks packages from the passport office.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Just found out about an automatic tracking service provided by Canada Post (need to sign up online and personally turn on this service). It tracks any packages matching your name and delivery address and it'll automatically appear on your tracklist without a tracking number.

I just turned it on. We'll see if it tracks packages from the passport office.
Is it paid service? How much it costs?

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
It's a free service. I was signed up and I saw the delivery notice this past weekend when my daughter's passport was mailed out from the Mississauga passport office.
I am signing up with this service. It is saying to register with the address on the government issued ID but I have given another address for delivery of PP. Should I write that address here?

Nesstea

Apr 8, 2022
My application was received April 11 from BC to Mississauga, ON. It’s been 12 weeks now and still no update whatsoever with my application. No CC charge, nothing!! Already cancelled May 25 trip due to no call received after requesting to transfer my passport to my local office. It’s so frustrating!

• Sad
Reactions: Hypatia

Eddie84

Jun 3, 2022
It's a free service. I was signed up and I saw the delivery notice this past weekend when my daughter's passport was mailed out from the Mississauga passport office.
Can you post the link where i can sign up for this. Can't find it online.

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
I'm waiting till next week to call in for mine (Travelling on July 30) so I'll be watching your situation with great interest, @BuzzBuzz

In my case I have two additional complications:

1. My guarantor is an inveterate traveler himself, so he's likely going to be somewhere in the jungle in South America at some point this month. So if they ask me to redo the forms with his signature etc, it's straight up a no-go because I won't be able to do it in time.

2. I have managed to luck out with a NEXUS appointment on August 7, so I absolutely need my documents and my passports or risk having to move my Nexus appointment out by a few months (if I'm lucky) and I'm absolutely not ready to give up my slots due to the laissez-faire attitude of the Passport office.
let's hope everything will be fine, for myself, I would say, end of September the latest (I hope). Also depends when my friend is going to send me new signed forms (hopefully soon). Are you based in Toronto? Let's have a beer maybe) old November team :)

Last edited:
Reactions: siddharthbala

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Still waiting on my son's passport. Delivered on May 4 and to date no credit card charge. In the amount of time his has been in process, I had already been charged and received my passport. Can't get through on any phone lines, my MP who said they would look into it has gone silent, no response from any of the submission forms.

No idea if they even have it cos I cant check. Im more than happy to wait in a 2 or 3 hour phone queue. I just cant even get to the line.