Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Heard from my MPs office today about my sons passport. They said that not even they are able to get through to speak to them on the phone and so they have been unable to confirm whether they have even received it or not.

They said my only option will be to request a transfer to my local office but that my local office will only accept requests if applied for in person. they said that would involve me lining up the week of my travel date (end of August) and being one of the first 11 in the line, otherwise they wont see me.

Ridiculous. Theres still time for it to arrive before September 2 when we travel, but its already been 9 weeks.

Schmeeberry

Jun 5, 2022
Heard from my MPs office today about my sons passport. They said that not even they are able to get through to speak to them on the phone and so they have been unable to confirm whether they have even received it or not.

They said my only option will be to request a transfer to my local office but that my local office will only accept requests if applied for in person. they said that would involve me lining up the week of my travel date (end of August) and being one of the first 11 in the line, otherwise they wont see me.

Ridiculous. Theres still time for it to arrive before September 2 when we travel, but its already been 9 weeks.
I’m so confused by this. I’ve been told repeatedly not to go in and ask for a transfer request, that it can only be done on the phone.

Luvit

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys I have been waiting for the passport since 29thof March. MP office does not mind sending a request, but they are not sure that it's effective. So, what to do ? This is my fourth month of waiting.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
My application was received April 11 from BC to Mississauga, ON. It’s been 12 weeks now and still no update whatsoever with my application. No CC charge, nothing!! Already cancelled May 25 trip due to no call received after requesting to transfer my passport to my local office. It’s so frustrating!
My app recived Mars 7 I still waiting they sent me my certificate bc I asked for it to renew my driver licence when I ask when they don’t know I am very frustrating more than 4 months

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
March 17,2022-Application sent via ups courier
March 18,2022- received in Gatineau office
April 25, 2022- Sent 1st request update form online- no response
May 2, 2022- sent 2nd request update form online- no response
May 4, 2022- called passport office- application with file number but haven't reviewed by an officer yet according to agent. To follow up after 2 weeks, also advised to call a different number for cc charge since i was worried my card wasn't charge yet
May 5, 2022- credit card department called ,gave file number,verified, and cc charge directly during call.
May 12, 2022- called 1800 number and said picture with missing guarantor’s signature. I told the agent i provided 2 copies, uploaded the 1 without signature
May 19,2022- Email received from ESDC regarding passport update request sent on April 14,2022, file is in examination
June 9, 2022- called 1800 number for an update, agent said found picture with guarantor’s signature, to callback in 2 weeks
June 21,2022- Email received from ESDC regarding passport update request sent on May 1,2022, file is in examination
June 29, 2022- called 1800, agent told me to give direct phone number ( i cannot disclose) to guarantor for verification. My Guarantor called the same day, verified, said to call back if passport not receive in a week. Reason they needed to verify according to my guarantor was my picture has no date of my guarantor’s signature. I must have forgotten since picture already have printed date taken from photo studio.
July 5,2022- called 1800, spoke to representative and said my file is still under examination. To call back in the month of August.

I am literally done with the follow ups and not waste my time and energy with this process.
App recived Mars 7 no news still waiting i decide de not call again they the same answers more than 4 months

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hey, guys ! The applications were delivered 29th of March. My wife received a passport 30th of June. I am still waiting. This is so weird. Payment made in April. This is more than THREE MONTHS !!! Sent a message to my MP. Failed to reach them with a phone call. What can be done more ?
Mars 8 and still waiting nothing to do they have same answear always …….. it’s just a stress that’s all

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
Application sent: April 27
Application delivered: April 28
CC Charged: June 6
No update after that

Vedansh211

Jun 6, 2022
I am trying to call on 1800-567-6868 since last monday at least 200 times a day but not able to connect. any tips or alternative contact number?

Reactions: Hypatia