+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
I have online Oath and they have to mail certificate correct ? Why do you say I will have My certificate the day I do Oath ?
As long as you have a online oath should be ok, as long as you know the certificate number. In the old day we have the certificate on the oath day

Vaibhav.goel85

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
NOC Code......
As long as you have a online oath should be ok, as long as you know the certificate number. In the old day we have the certificate on the oath day
So you are saying I can go to passport office next day if I have certificate number only not original certificate physically to apply for passport?

dnunes88

Aug 3, 2018
Yes just print it out and or explain to them what happens it shoud be ok.
Unless they just introduced this, there's no such thing as an online citizenship certificate. What you receive is a form that you need to sign and send. The actual certificate will be sent via mail in 2 to 4 weeks.

Reactions: Radium

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
What about your citizenship certificate? Do they already have it? I think I need to expedite mine soon and they have my certificate and I didn’t make a copy.
I have it with me cause I applied at Service canada office. They verify the citizenship certificate, take a photocopy of it and return you the original.

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
I have it with me cause I applied at Service canada office. They verify the citizenship certificate, take a photocopy of it and return you the original.
I got my certificate in a week, but it varies, sometimes can take even 4 weeks. You might not be able to get certificate this quickly, I'd say tell them at the ceremony that you have travel plans, maybe they can send it to you directly. Good luck.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
what?! That sounds scary! I mailed my application May 2, didn't hear anything yet (also, didn't expect). Already had to forsaken one trip (didn't even get any reimbursement for flight tickets :(), but would love to see my family in Europe this summer. It's so difficult to make plans right now. Wasn't able first because of pandemic, then because of citizenship application, and now this passport wait is the final stab in the back...
call passport office 1 (800) 567-6868 and ask for transfer to your local passport office. You should have a valid travel plan/ proof.

Reactions: yutaeren

sohausman

Mar 20, 2017
Hi,
I applied for a passport on 23rd March 2022 and my CC was charged on the 25th of April and I haven't received the passport. I have to travel next Friday, so can I just go to a passport office and ask them to transfer or process my passport urgently? I have tried calling them but couldnt go through. Will my current application be processed or I have to submit a new one when I visit the passport office. Can anyone guide me.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Yes just print it out and or explain to them what happens it shoud be ok.
This is misleading, there is no such thing as print out citizenship certificate.
After the virtual oath ceremony, the physical certificate is mailed out and it can take upto 4 weeks time. I got mine within a week.

Second, i was at the passport office this afternoon, i was told they don’t accept photocopy of citizenship certificate, only original certificate is accepted.

I was very curious to know if someone had mailed-in their passport application and since their original citizenship certificate is sent alongwith it, how would they expedite their application in-person without having the original certificate.
The agent replied, for them we can only issue 2 year passport and not full 10 years unless their original certificate is sent back to them from Gatineau and they can bring it in-person.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuyanaGirl

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hi,
I applied for a passport on 23rd March 2022 and my CC was charged on the 25th of April and I haven't received the passport. I have to travel next Friday, so can I just go to a passport office and ask them to transfer or process my passport urgently? I have tried calling them but couldnt go through. Will my current application be processed or I have to submit a new one when I visit the passport office. Can anyone guide me.
With transfer or without a transfer you still have to fill out a fresh application, provide new photographs and rest of the stuff.

I called on two separate days and i was able to get thru an agent and asked for a transfer.

Alternatively, you can go to passport office directly if you cannot get hold of call center agent.
Don’t forget photos and other documents like your ID, citizenship certificate, payment proof, travel proof/hotel booking, hand written authorization if traveling by car.

I went thru this today, it took about an hour, but since i had transfer in place, i was served ahead of walk-ins.
Good luck buddy!

Anashima

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi,
Hi! You can definitely get a transfer. You can call number (you have to try a lot of times. It took me 80-100 calls) or ask for it in passport office that prints it out(You need to check where is urgent passport processing in your city)
I went to passport office today at 5:15 am. I showed up early enough to get in no problem but I spent there 6h in total. What I notice that some people who applied in service canada locations couldn't get a transfer and had to re-apply all over again. It all depends if your documents are scanned and in the system already.

Reactions: sohausman

Bobble

May 26, 2022
Mail in application with no travel date filled
Application sent: 2022-03-21
Application received: 2022-03-23
CC charged: 2022-05-26
Passport Received: Hopefully soon

First passport after obtaining citizenship. I started to assume they lost the application
Updated as follows:
Mail in application with no travel date filled
Application sent: 2022-03-21
Application received: 2022-03-23
CC charged: 2022-05-26
Citizenship Certificate received: 2022-05-30
Passport Received: Hopefully soon

For some reason I received my citizenship certificate back separately from my passport, which I still haven't received. I did receive a response to a question I had sent April 20th ( Response received May 22 ) telling me that my application was approved, my passport was in production and it would be mailed soon.

I have no idea why they didn't just wait just a little longer and send the certificate and passport together in one envelope :rolleyes: